Must have project management experience within custom, engineered to order, industrial capital equipment projects. Desired experience in projects related to plant engineering, process equipment, material handling, piping, bulk storage, etc.
Electrical Construction Project Manager
Electrical Construction Project Manager
Seeking Project Design Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and completion for all technical aspects of custom curtainwall projects. This includes managing internal department or team and external technical personnel and allocating resources as required. Responsible for management of project engineering schedule and budget. Responsible for the development of new products or product enhancements and technical submittals to the client. These include material submittals, RFI’s, and drawing submittals. Also responsible for all production releases to outside material vendors and both internal and external fabricators. Responsible for all documentation required by field personnel to erect and install curtainwall product.
Responsiblities will inlcude:
• Responsible for leading, directing, and delegating the work of the Project Team not limited to System Design Leader, System
Designer, PMF Team, Engineer and external technical consultants and allocating resources as required
• Establish and maintain project engineering budgets and schedules for sales and operational staff
• Manage and coordinate all material and technical submittals and RFI’s with external clients (architects, engineers, consultants,
and general contractors)
• Review all incoming architectural and structural drawings for scope, cost, and schedule impacts
• Review all returned drawings from the architect, consultant, and general contractor and determine validity of comments for
incorporation and/or provide response documentation
• Works with engineers to determine structural and building physics requirements and incorporate into the product design
• Evaluate architectural design intent for cost efficiency, reliability and quality
• Responsible for all production releases to outside material vendors and both internal and external fabricators
• Responsible for all documentation required by field personnel to erect and install curtainwall
• Ensures all designs, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives
• Responsible for development of new products or product enhancements
• Provides design expertise to other departments where needed
• Responsible for the training, development and growth of resources within the project team
• Share in the day to day responsibility for implementing the affirmative action program which includes, but is not limited to,
responding to AA/EEO inquiries/investigations and participating in recruitment efforts
Educational Requirements: Bachelor degree preferred, or Associate degree (with relevant experience), in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering.
Computer System Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must have AUTOCAD and/or SOLIDWORKS experience. Must also have the ability to learn all in-house software.
Work Experience: 7+ year’s relevant experience in curtainwall
Other: Ability to work collaboratively across function. Strong managerial skills required. Possess wide degree of creativity to accomplish goals/problem solve.
Position One: Structural Engineer PE-Project Manager
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Position and Skills: We have an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer PE-Project Manager. Will work with CAD Designers to explain project to them and review drawings for accuracy. Will work with the client (usually an architect) during schematic design, design development, through final CDs and then provide on site CA during specific phases of a project. Will manage the project and the client from start to finish.
•10 years experience in structural design and project management
•Needs strong professional experience in Concrete, Post-Tension design, Precast, Steel, Masonry, Wood, and Cold Form designs.
•Ability to do structural modeling design tools, ETABS, RAM, RISA3D and Staad.