Architectural and Construction
Duties and Responsibilities
Meet with buyers to help design their dream home
Prepare and review detailed drawings of architectural construction documents utilizing knowledge of building materials, architectural and engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings
Apply company design guidelines and standards with respect to architecture, structure, mechanical and other building systems
Produce custom changes for lot specific drawing sets for single-family homes form existing master drawing to comply with buyer request, selected options, and community specifications
Provide additional relevant architectural documentation required for permit applications and construction starts
Provide assistance in the development of new mast drawing database construction documents
Make revisions to existing construction drawings to comply with required code changes, specifications, structural requirements and design enhancements
Consult with the sales and construction teams for custom plan clarification and field required revisions
Coordinate the creation if engineering plan sets with outside consultants
Prepare and document weekly work schedule – individual and consultants
Review marketing collateral for accuracy and completeness versus architectural plans
Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required
Seeking drafter with Inventor skills. Should have some training or experience creating sheet metal part shop drawing.
– Utilize AutoCAD and Inventor to produce accurate assembly and fabrication drawings
– Analyze drawings provided by customer for internal fabrication use
– Review work from other drafters to ensure accuracy
– Complete internal project and time tracking paperwork
– Other duties as assigned
– Previous sheet metal experience is helpful
– Proficient in AutoCAD 2015 and Inventor 2015 or newer
Will be creating shop drawings for Architectural Metal products such as awnings, column wraps, etc. Position is contract to direct hire. Located in the NW metro.
This is a new position and opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to use their CAD/CAM and CNC knowledge. As the CAD Technician you will be responsible to take products from design conception through final production. Come work at Minneapolis Glass Company, a fast growing local firm. The company is a privately held corporation providing a multitude of glass solutions to a variety of market segments.
Top priorities for this position:
1. Work with CAD systems to create, modify and release drawings for use by glass fabrication departments and customers.
2. Process technically accurate drawings on milling/drilling and shape machines to meet customer design specifications within machining capabilities.
3. Provide machine processing time estimates as needed by sales to secure quotes.
4. May be responsible for some design elements.
5. Understand machine capabilities.
6. Use the accepted drawing standards as guidelines.
To be a successful CNC/CAD/CAM Programer at Minneapolis Glass, you will need:
1. At least one year of experience or technical training using AutoCAD software or equivalent work experience OR a minimum of 1-3 Ayears machining production experience including set- up and programing.
2. Ability to work in fast pace environment.
3. React to changing business needs; be creative and change gears with each unique project.
4. Work independently, while also being a successful team player.
5. Ability to interpret project documents and specifications.
6. Ability to work with multiple functions and teams.
7. Excellent communication and written skills.
8. Must be detailed-oriented and organized.
9. Use established business processes and software to achieve and track progress and results.
10. Strong attention to detail, time management, and decision-making skills. 11. Familiarity with project specifications including previous experience interpreting and/or preparing construction documents.
1. Glass and glazing or related building materials. 2. Experience with CAD/CNC machines.
3. Two year degree in Drafting CAD or related field.
4. High math aptitude.
Structural Drafters with REVIT experience.
To maximize efficiencies of our Construction and Development Divisions, as well as enhancing our services to our clients and to provide a quicker start to our projects
The Intern Architect has the primary responsibility of the development of preliminary and final plans and specifications for all Sand Companies, Inc. Development projects along with oversight of the projects throughout construction
Bachelor of Architecture degree or other Professional degree in Architecture. Active involvement in Intern Development Program working toward qualifying for Architectural Registration and NCABB Certificate.
Basic understanding of all aspects of Architecture and construction including, but not limited to current building codes, ADA, MN Accessibility, Fire, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, Energy, and other municipal codes and municipal zoning.