Architectural and Construction
Architect / Architectural Designer Position
CNH Architects – an innovative, established mid-sized architectural firm located in Apple Valley – is seeking an Architect or Architectural Designer to fill an immediate, challenging, full-time position. The position will afford the opportunity to work on all phases of each project from programming and design through construction documents, bidding and construction administration in the office and on site. The position will include a wide variety of commercial designs including governmental, industrial, religious, vehicle, recreational, office and retail buildings.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
• Completed a professional degree in an accredited B Arch or M Arch program or a BS degree with added experience
• Have a proficiency in Revit.
The following qualifications are beneficial:
• Experience in both commercial and public sector projects.
• Good communication skills and experience with client contact.
Entry level or experienced in welding primarily carbon and stainless.
Seeking Millwork Draftsman
The preferred candidate will have 1-5 years of experience with AutoCAD and a millwork or construction background.
Position Purpose and Description:
Millwork Draftsman Requirements/Qualifications:
• Proficiency with AutoCAD/Solid Works (minimum 2 years experience).
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural millwork drawings
• Prior experience as a draftsman in cabinetry, millwork, or a similar discipline
• Prior experience with commercial architectural millwork and casework
• Prior experience in a cabinet or millwork shop
• Working knowledge and understanding of cabinetry fabrication workflow
• Working knowledge, understanding of drafting and the layout of projects and millwork
• Knowledge of AWI Quality Standards Preferred
• Ability to operate and program CNC machinery is a plus
• Ability to create workable shop drawings (CAD) from concept drawings provided by the
Shop cut bills/bill of material lists
Identify and source materials and working with vendors.
• Great attention to detail and organization
Millwork Draftsman Duties:
• Design and engineer architectural elements, (millwork, casework, furniture and fixtures) to meet
customer project expectations and requirements
• Work with the customer’s agents (project managers, architects, buyers, etc…) to understand project
needs and create shop drawings for customer approval.
• Create shop drawings for use in fabrication
• Identify potential design and cost issues that must be solved proactively prior to fabrication.
• Identify opportunities to engineer out costs and provide alternative solutions.
• Create cut bills and work instructions for use on the shop floor
• Identify and source product
• Willingness to work on the production floor as needed.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in Architectural Drafting using AutoCad. Previous experience in architectural metal fabrication would be a plus. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret blue prints, and accurately calculate material takeoffs and estimates relative to the scope of work specified for each project, within the bid time frame. Develop and maintain positive communication with customers and suppliers. Must know AutoCad, Microsoft Office products, emphasis in Excel. Ability to manage multiple tasks, look at the big picture and work within that, with excellent follow up skills, both internally and externally. There are great benefits available, and a fun and flexible work-environment. Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Architectural Drafter: Revit
Architecture and interiors drafting in Revit required with some detailing experience. Someone who knows how a building goes together or background in construction. Any medical project experience would be a plus.