Management and Administration
Project Manager. Commercial construction.
Manufacturing Operations Manager experience in metal fabrication and machining
Position: Business Manager Location: St. Paul, MN
Position & Skills:
We have an immediate opening for a business manager for a 30-person structural engineering firm.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in all business areas, as well as accounting and recordkeeping
Proficiency with computer programs, i.e. Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Adobe, Access, etc. is required.
Areas of Responsibility:
•Bookkeeping / Accounting ◦A/R, Banking and financial statements thru trial balance using Quickbooks software.
•Business Insurance Annual Renewals / Applications ◦General Liability, E & O, WC, Automobile
•Payroll ◦Submit bi-weekly payroll information using Evolution Software to Alerus Financial. Interface with Alerus personnel for administration of 401K, HSA, FSA benefit programs.
•Company Health / HSA Plan / Dental / LTD and STD insurance ◦Coordinate and implement annual renewals utilizing services of an employee benefit firm.
•HR ◦Initiate employee recruitment, meetings / interviews.
◦Review and provide information for new employees on health plans, policies, procedures.
•General Office Procedures ◦Compose or review letters, contracts, emails, correspondence as requested.
Administrative Assistant, Operations
• Summary: This position reports to the Director of Operations and Quality and is responsible for providing support to business operations with primary focus in supporting the quality department.
• Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties assigned as business needs evolve and as the role warrants.
Unique opportunity for a high-energy candidate who is able to confidently interface at all organizational levels both internally and externally within an engineering and production environment. Candidate must: be quality oriented and willing to promote quality standards and adherence to process and procedure; maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials; work independently and hold strong time management skills; be resourceful, flexible, productive and results-driven; display rigor and a strong attention to detail and accuracy; be dedicated and focused on the integrity and success of the business; have the ability to multi-task and complete daily, weekly, monthly, and as needed assignments within allotted timelines.
• Perform tasks and maintains roles and responsibilities per the mandatory requirements of the Quality Assurance department and per the business Quality Management System
• Perform ad-hoc tasks and assignments per the direction of the Director of Operations and Quality
• Support office operations as necessary
• Provide back-up to the receptionist as needed
• Organizes and maintains filing systems of operational and confidential information
• Performs filing and scanning of quality system documentation
• Creates and maintains updates of quality procedure and other training tools
• Maintains and manages tool calibration and preventive maintenance tracking and handling
• Maintains tool record keeping – Asset Log
• Initiates and tracks new/continued training compliance records for all employees
• Conducts weekly and as-needed quality, safety, and housekeeping audits
• Generates and provides accurate and applicable quality documentation for new projects
• Creates project dashboards just-in-time for start of project assembly
• Assembles customer documentation packages and generates project shipping documentation
• Populates and provides Internal Project Assessment (IPA) at completion of projects
• Supports incoming inspection
• Standard work procedure (SWP) processing, support as needed
• Creates and submits Laser Reports, support as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage the completion of multiple tasks and projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with the most current versions of Adobe PDF and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook & Access
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees within organization
• Strong customer focus, excellent service skills, and positive, “can-do” attitude
• Knowledge of ISO and GMP regulations desired
• 2 or 4 year degree Business Administration or related field or equivalent prior experience
Project Assistant- The candidate will be responsible for helping project managers and estimators. Looking for someone with a technical illustrating background. Managing the fabrication and construction of glass building envelope projects using curtain wall, storefront, doors, automatic entrances, glass railings, mirrors, and structural glass walls. Duties Include scheduling and overseeing the fabrication and construction phases, ordering materials, and ensuring that projects are completed on-time and within budget. Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet changing priorities and strict deadlines are required.
3-5 years of Experience in Glass/Glazing. Must be Proficient in CAD, MS Office Suite, Scheduling Software, and PDF Markup. Need to have at least a 2 year degree/Bachelor’s Preferred.