JO – 3608 Electrical Engineer / Designer
Electrical Engineer / Designer
The engineer/designer is responsible for working cross-functionally with Sales, Purchasing and Production to drive results in scheduling (on-time delivery), product design, and new product development.
Qualified Electrical Engineer/Designer must have:
• Knowledge of electrical distribution systems from 480V to 15kV;
• Electrical systems design capability;
• Ability to bridge programming and electrical worlds;
• Mechanical design;
• Strong organization skills, with excellent follow through;
• Strong communication skills;
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills;
• Ability to specify parts required for projects based on functionality, availability and cost effectiveness.
Electrical Engineer/Design preferred qualifications:
• PLC knowledge/programming ability;
• Proficiency in the GE RX3i platform, PLCs; GE Quick Panel HMIs
• 1-3 years of AutoCAD and/or Inventor experience
• 1-3 years of custom manufacturing experience, producing innovative products
• Working knowledge of NEC code requirements and third party listings such as UL Laboratories.
• High School diploma required, with some post secondary education preferred
• At least 3 years of controls design and/or field service experience required