Architectural and Construction
Detailed, reliable, team-oriented…does this sound like you? Are you looking for an established firm that provides opportunities for professional growth and training? If your answer is yes, we have a position that might be the right fit for you. We’re looking for a diligent person who values clear direction and attention to detail. As a technician, your work will focus on drafting, red-lining and generating concise drawings using CAD software in a steadily paced work environment. If you are a self-disciplined individual with up to 3 years of experience, then we have the place for you.
Layout plans, sections and details to specified CAD standards under the direction of others.
Identify redlines on drawings created by others and accurately make required changes.
Coordinate plotter maintenance and project archiving as requested.
Occasional travel to construction job sites.
Two-year technical college / trade school graduate in trade related studies
Up to three years of experience in preparing drawings
AutoCAD and Revit 3D proficiency
We want you to find your niche at with this Company. Every member of our talented team brings their real selves to the workplace, and we believe in putting people in the right place to do their best work. Our business is built on lasting relationships and authenticity with clients and each other.
But it’s not all calcs and CAD. From partnering with local organizations during our annual Community Caring Campaign to offering employees charitable PTO and outreach events, we strive to improve the lives and places around us. Explore our website to learn more about us!
Designer – General Arrangement
Detailed, disciplined, focused…does this sound like you? Are you looking for an established firm that values quality work and provides opportunities to grow your skill set? If your answer is yes, we have a position that might be the right fit for you. We’re looking for a precise, analytical professional to consistently deliver for our clients. As a Designer, you’ll work with Engineers and Project Managers to prepare construction documents, perform design work to specified CAD standards and provide work direction to Technicians. If you’re a diligent Designer with at least 3 years of experience and strong technical skills. then we have the place for you.
You’ll work on an array of projects for our agribusiness clients, collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver process flow diagrams, equipment lists and facility layouts for bulk material handling facilities such as feed mills, export terminals and grain elevators. While we value direct general arrangement / agribusiness experience, we welcome candidates with architectural drafting / design skills who are eager to apply them to this field.
Layout plans, sections and details to specified CAD standards working directly with engineers or project managers.
Provide direction and distribute work to Technicians.
Review and back-check Technician’s work.
Coordinate with design team members and product vendors.
Communicate with clients and/or contractors regarding RFI’s and field questions.
Maintain awareness of fees and drafting time, understand project scope and identify potential additional service items.
Review shop drawings.
Attend internal coordination meetings and client coordination meetings as needed.
Occasional travel for site observations and field measurements.
Two-year technical college / trade school graduate in trade related studies or higher
Minimum 3 years’ experience preparing architectural/civil/structural/general arrangement drawings
Proficient with current versions of AutoCAD, REVIT 3D and/or Microstation.
We want you to find your niche at the job we are offering you. Every member of our talented team brings their real selves to the workplace, and we believe in putting people in the right place to do their best work. Our business is built on lasting relationships and authenticity with clients and each other.
MDS Staffing is seeking a Quality Technician.
Our customer is a leader in steel fabrication solutions located in south metro. The person hired for the position of Quality Technician will possess great teamwork and team leadership skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include:• Customer First Article Inspection Reports within Excel, Scanning of documents and prints into the spreadsheet templates.
• Inspection and evaluation of New Tooling Qualification parts using calibrated instruments. Including hand tools such as calipers, height gauges, micrometers and instruments such as Comparator and CMM.
• Reporting and escalating any discrepancies between parts and stated blueprint tolerances.• Interpreting a variety of customer blue prints and applying design intent requirements to actual produced parts.
• Perform Incoming inspection of all hardware and outside processing operations.• Ability to complete all paperwork and follow written procedures, work instructions and use of current revision forms.
• Experience with GD&T and measurement implications per a variety of usages on blueprints.• Perform containment actions and effectively write non-conformance reports in the MRP system.
• Process and Control/Maintain “Master” Quality Control Samples through blueprint changes.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft office including excel, email, and word.
• Must be detail oriented and accurate in evaluations of product and documentation.
• Basic CMM or Comparator programming.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Interactions with other departments verbally and through email are a daily occurrence.
• Data Entry on Excel Spreadsheets and formatting.Secondary Responsibilities Include:• Production First Piece Inspections, In-Process Inspections and Last Piece inspections including documentation of measurements and escalation processes of non-conforming products.• Sorting/Evaluation of contained product because of customer complaints and/or containment actions.
• Backup other technician and take on responsibilities in the case of absence.
• Assistance with root cause analysis, corrective actions, and document corrections.
Knowledge Desired • Knowledge in calibration of hand measurement equipment is preferred but not required.• Knowledge of Control Plans and PPAP documentation preferred but not required.• Knowledge of ISO 9001 principles preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of basic quality engineering principles preferred.• Assistance with root cause analysis, corrective actions, and document corrections.• Knowledge and use of Automotive, Aerospace, and Medical manufacturing industry quality standards and procedures preferred but, not required.
• Knowledge of 8D principles of Root Cause Analysis preferred but not required,
This position will require:• Primary work shift is 7 am – 3:30 pm• Some Overtime may be required but, is typically voluntary.
Basic Qualifications:• Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher• Minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing quality experience Preferred Qualifications:• Associate’s/Two (2) year technical degree or higher from an accredited institution• Strong computer skills• Ability to work independently• CMM programming experience at a beginner level• GD&T knowledge• Blueprint Reading