Architectural and Construction
MDS Staffing is seeking candidates to fill a Material Handler position. This is a temp to perm position located about 1 hour north of downtown Minneapolis.
Our Customer boasts a multi-million-dollar Fabrication Area with 37 fabrication employees and 145 total employees. The Company manufactures Build to Order, Custom, High end, High Level Automation machinery as an OEM “Original Equipment Manufacturer”.
Experience handling parts with an MRP system REQUIRED
Get job packets for machines and begin the procurement process for fabricated parts using ETO-MRP
Print off pick pull report, reserve the available inventory make a folder for prints and a job tag for the cart, pull any available parts out of stock and place them on job cart
Stage the parts on the clipboard on the cart as well as the computerin ETO-MRP
Check process schedule to “stage to job gate” in ETO-MRP
Give remaining prints to JULIE for the parts that need to be made for the job
Watch for parts to come from the machine shop to put them on the job cart and stage them with the prints in the packets, complete process schedule in Total ETO or stage them to be sent out to vendors; put the prints in the vendor, create PO in Total ETO MRP to send to outside services
Organize and track the machined parts that need to be sent out to vendors for special machining, plating, hardening, etc. When these are returned, stage and document accordingly.
Keep track of the location on parts too long or heavy for the job carts
Once job carts are completed or close to completed, do an audit on job, go through the carts to be sure parts were not taken off the carts in the last three months utilizing the build capacity report in ETO-MRP
Pull all long pieces, wrap them and the job carts up to be moved to Bldg 2
Bring job cart to the frame
Find a home for big sheet steel, Lexan, etc.
Try to organize and get set locations for certain parts needed for each job, so we can do inventory on it and it is easy to find
Pick fabricated and purchased parts up from Bldg 1 for machines at Bldg 2
Receive purchased and fabricated parts and put them where they belong
Use Total ETO MRP to Inventory parts coming in
Use Total ETO MRP to take purchased parts request from guys and get the orders to the Purchasing Manager
Use Total ETO MRP to take fabricated parts requests from guys and get the prints to Fabrication and explain why the guys need them
Run to get hardware form Bldg 1 for Bldg 2 if needed
Run to get stock aluminum from Bldg 1 to Bldg 2
Tell driver what needs taken to Bldg 2
Assist with backing up other Shipping and Receiving as needed
Other shop duties as needed
Backups as needed:
Check in deliveries from outside vendors bringing in parts
Seeking a residential drafter with at least five years experience. AutoCAD.
BIM Modeler II/III
• Participate as a STRUCTURAL MODELER in a variety of large and small whole building and building component
projects that range across most market sectors, building occupancies, and material types throughout the US. You
will lead and/or assist our project teams to produce structural contract documents using Revit Structure from
project conception through design and construction that effectively communicates the design intent.
• Maintain quality control of model content as model develops through various design phases; incorporating and
coordinating design information into plans, details, and schedules.
• Adhere to our drafting/modeling standards and communicate them to the our project team.
• Perform quality assurance review of project construction documents to confirm compliance with graphic standards.
• Manage interaction of multiple modelers or detailers in a single project model. Mentor junior modelers.
• Proactively identify and communicate critical information to the project team and clients.
• Be accountable for the integrity of the our information provided to the engineering team, consultants, and/or
• Academics: Certificate in Revit training from a recognized 2-year junior college or technical institute.
• Experience: 5+ years in the A/E industry and minimum 5 years using Revit; Proficiency with the latest version of
• Experience with creating custom families, model components, and detail components.
• Experience with interoperability between Revit and other analysis software.
• Experience with Tekla Structures.
• A bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or related field is a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of structural systems, construction details, and procedures.
• Ability to work with the design team to anticipate, identify, and resolve problems.
• Proficiency in modeling, detailing, and parametric scheduling, as required to produce a complete set of contract
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, and to set priorities to manage competing demands for multiple project
• Excellent graphic, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Focused on a professional career of excellence and seeking a long-term commitment to growth of the individual and
• Ambition to participate and engage with industry groups, as a representative of the firm.
• Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications, including health, dental, disability,
flex-benefits, 401k, continuing education, flexible schedule, travel pay, etc.
• Flexibility to shape your career path and grow with the firm.
• Ability to work with stimulating colleagues on a daily basis in an environment that is challenging, fun and promotes
individual growth, teamwork, and creativity.
AutoCAD and Inventor Drafter. Mechanical design, drafting, and detailing stairs, railings, mezzanines, and other structural miscellaneous metals.
AutoCAD Drafter. Background in construction or architecture preferred. Glass/glazing and curtainwall/storefronts.