Architectural and Construction
Looking for either an entry level structural drafter. Low rise buildings. AutoCAD. Private sector buildings.
Seeking Welding Supervisor. Must have experience in aluminum and steel welding in a manufacturing environment. Able to read blueprints and supervise the other welders on 2nd shift. The 2nd shift schedule is 2:30 PM – 1:00 AM Monday through Thursday.
Seeking Construction Coordinator, Specialist II
To supervise and effectively manage all work associated with coaxial and fiber construction activities in the area of operations. This work will encompass residential, commercial, enterprise, maintenance, and forced relocation construction activities. This person works directly with contract construction companies and their personnel to perform all aspects of the construction work.
• Knowledgeable in general HFC network construction design, practices, and able to provide direction to construction contractors and in-house construction personnel on work to be performed.
• Performs field engineering of construction projects and forced relocates.
• Performs walk outs of apartment complexes and MDUs.
• Able to read and understand system prints and understand the operation of HFC networks.
• Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with all internal and external customers.
• Performs strand mapping using CAD for new build areas.
• Participates in construction meetings with developers, county, municipal, and state personnel.
• Develops familiarity with preventative maintenance, i.e. sweeping, balancing, signal leakage detection and monitoring, voltage measurement, and stand-by power testing.
• Produce reports as required on the construction activities in the area of operations.
• Performs quality control inspections of construction on a regular basis to assure quality and recommends corrective action and additional training as needed.
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree or above preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in the telecommunications industry required; 1–3 years of experience in construction of telecommunications preferred.
• Competency in reading and understanding HFC network maps.
• Knowledge of all construction tools and equipment including bucket trucks, lasher, blocks, pulling grips, stand/cable trailers, cable layers, hoists, bolt cutters, lay-up sticks and hand lines.
• Ability to carry 75 pounds with no accommodations (minimum).
• Function in various weather conditions within safety constraints.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
Architectural Design Manager
Architectural Design Manager Position Mission: Provide guidance and expertise to ensure franchisees develop the best club possible while supporting the business model and maintaining Anytime Fitness standards.
• Coach, guide and direct franchisees through the design development of new clubs as well as remodels and upgrades of existing clubs, including, but not limited to:o Working with franchisee to collect as-built drawings and existing condition datao Create club specific designs utilizing external and internal partnerso Provide franchisees with guidance on construction related issues and topics.O Subject matter expert for design issues.• Provide department/project communication to internal departments as well as external partners.• Subject matter expert for internal departments.• Administrative duties and support.• Develop and maintain organizational design standards.
A two-year associate/technical degree and/or 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in multi-unit, consumer based construction and design preferred.
• Experience in multi-unit development; e.g. fitness clubs, restaurants, retail, etc. is preferred• Must be able to read and comprehend construction drawings.• General knowledge of commercial development, construction methodologies including mechanical, electrical and plumbing. • Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals of differing knowledge levels (vendors, contractors, operations, corporate staff, etc.) Good verbal and written communication skills are required.• Able to take direction from multiple sources and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.• General understanding of building codes, permitting and entitlements.• Experience in handling construction administration and accounting is a plus; e.g. processing of construction lien waivers, the collection of Landlord contributions, construction bidding, issuance of contracts, etc.• Must be highly motivated, able to prioritize multiple tasks, organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests, and possess well-developed negotiation skills.• Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.• Good time management skills.• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
Miscellaneous Metals Drafter/Detailer Miscellaneous
Metals Drafter/Detailer Opening for a seasoned Tekla Designer / Drafter at Astro Engineering and Manufacturing, a custom metal fabrication shop located in Hanover, MN.
Must be proficient in Tekla for modeling and detailing of projects for miscellaneous metals in construction.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):• Transform an initial product concept or work off Architectural dwgs to create 3D models using Tekla.• Create manufacturing working drawings from 3D models which include dimensions, isometric, and exploded views along with information required to manufacture.• Detailing Stairs, handrail, miscellaneous metals & ornamental metals Comply with all applicable codes and contract specifications.• Create Approval, Fabrication, Erection drawings and Bill of Materials for misc. metal projects.• Modifies existing designs based on Project Manager requirements.• Processes ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices) and update documentation.• check/redline the work of other Steel Detailers.• Work within engineering team to prepare jobs for shop releaseEducation: Associate Degree in Drafting or a related field of engineering.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:• Must be proficient in Tekla
• Must be familiar with manufacturing processes related to machining, sheet metal, and welding.• Must be proficient in designing parts, weldments, and sheet metal parts.• Must have strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.• Must have strong basic computer skills and a competent level of experience in MS Word and Excel.• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and work well in a team environment.• Must have mechanical aptitude for how industrial / architectural products are assembled.• Good verbal and written communication skills and must have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.• Read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications.• Work with project Engineers and Architects to interpret/resolve design issues.• Work closely with Fabrication to interpret/resolve layout and/or detail issues.• Perform field measurements to translate into custom layouts and fabrication drawings, as required.