Architectural and Construction
Junior Graphic Designer Skills and Software proficiency
The fact that this candidate will be trained to fit our current business model format, we don’t need experience but Technology proficiency.
The candidate will hold a Major degree in Graphic Design.
Portfolio of school projects that show ability in the following software will be needed
Content Creation Software ● Adobe Creative Suite1. InDesign2. Photoshop3. Illustrator4. Lightroom5. Acrobat
● Microsoft Office Suite1. Word2. Excel3. PowerPoint● Google Suite
Video Editing● Adobe Premier, Apple I Movie, or equivalent
Photography● Familiar with DSLR / photography best practices ● Editing in Adobe Lightroom
Copywriting● If possible.● We have a primary copywriter who will edit all posts for voice, though the visual content this hire produces will commonly need supporting text – the hire should have the confidence to write social media and ad copy to a competent degree, knowing it will be proofed and edited before final end-use.
Project Management● + Trello● File Management and Administration
Email Marketing● Understanding of Email Marketing ● + Familiar with Mailchimp
Video Conferencing● Zoom● Google Hangout● Skype
Seeking candidate to fill a Assembly-Transducer Tech (Electro/Mechanical) position.
($23.00 – $24.00/hour)
1st shift (4 ten hour days)
To apply knowledge and skills of strain gage based transducer theory, operation, construction, testing and measurement to the development, manufacture, and troubleshooting of transducers. An individual will generally be focused in manufacturing oriented activities.
AA degree, 2 yr Vo-Tech certificate or equivalent military training in Electronics, Mechanics or Hydraulics or 4 yrs assembly or technical experience in the above including soldering & small-scale or precision assemblies.
Must understand & apply basic electro-mechanical technologies applicable to the job focus; electrical schematics; wire routing & layout; effective soldering technique; effects of strain on gages, components & assembly; adhesive bonding & sealing techniques; electrical & mechanical measurement; controllers, data acquisition; basic product quality.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Manufacture and perform functional tests on standard and custom strain gage based transducers utilizing engineering prints, work instructions and standard department procedures.
2. Utilize resources to troubleshoot and solve problems in manufacturing caused by design, documentation, processes, materials, and equipment.
– Senior Technician(s)
– Production Team Lead (PTL)
– Manufacturing Engineer or Engineers(s)
3. Maintain manufacturing records and process documentation.
– Transducer-specific manufacturing records, (database)
– Process instructions
– Identify changes to engineering prints
4. Provide technical support in new product development and continuing improvement projects.
– Build prototypes with limited documentation
– Resolve technical issues as appropriate for the project, i.e. layout, wiring, fixtures, etc.
– Determine processes and techniques to maximize quality, accuracy, and efficiency
– Recommend fixtures and assist in their design
– Identify process and equipment constraints, recommend and implement solutions
– Estimate operation times
5. Design, manage, perform and document strain gage and transducer related engineering experiments. Provide technical support to other departments.
- – Special strain gauging or calibration projects
– Prototype products
– Strain gauge and various transducer training
7. Maintain open lines of communication with PTL, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, peers and interdependent departments.
– Keep Operations Manager and team members informed of progress, problems and changes in products and processes
– Effectively communicate design and process improvement ideas
– Communicate concerns about personal development, scheduling, product quality and morale
8. Maintain personal conduct appropriate to the work place and position.
– Behave in a professional manner, maintaining a separation between work issues and personal issues.
– Work as a team member, integrating and coordinating ideas and strengths of all team members
– Address personal and professional issues in a timely manner
– Maintain a cooperative relationship with team members and support groups
– Maintain an orderly and safe work area to include 5S methods daily
9. Manage time to maximize productivity, meet route times, and delivery requirements, maintaining high quality standards. Manage concurrent projects and responsibilities to achieve all requirements and meet all deadlines.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Need a young sales person to work under existing sales person who is going to retire within next year. Like someone with some design background to at least do some sketching for manufacturing. A lot of their work is for theme related environments. Architectural and acoustical wall panels. Examples of existing clients include Bass Pro Shops and Cabellas. Selling interior landscaping offering a diverse set of specialty services in landscape planning and design, landscape architecture, trees installation, plant service and maintenance programs and commercial décor. Designing interior and outdoor landscapes using live plants and trees, especially tropical plants.
Retail Fixture Company in search of an experienced Design Engineer.
• The Design Engineer works within the framework of the Alpha Engineering Team as an expert in design concept development; bringing experienced production design perspective and excellent creative problem solving to the front end of the project development process, ensuring that every design concept is tailored to fit the precise needs of the customer as well as optimized to fit company production capabilities.
• High degree of motivation, curiosity, passion & creativity
• Excellent organizational, research and analytical skills
• Design intelligence: mechanical intuition, creative problem solving, spatial reasoning, diligence in finding the best solution for each design challenge, attention to detail
• Flexible design skills: functional aesthetics, tolerance analysis, design for assembly/manufacturability, simple fixture design, design for rapid prototyping, design for high volume manufacturing, technology integration, mechanism design
• Strong technical aptitude: proficient in MS Office ( i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint… ) along with software applications for developing conceptual drawings ( i.e. SketchUp, SolidWorks… )
• Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas, thrives in collaborative design efforts
• Experience in the design cycle from concept through manufacturing
• Experience in outside customer contact a plus
• Ability to work productively and creatively with limited supervision
• Ability to accept criticism and make changes accordingly
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
The essential duties that this position will carry out as a part of the team…
Define the Design Intent…
• Compiles a thorough understanding for the customer’s expectations by gathering and reviewing sales process documentation; sketches, renderings, design deck, customer provided drawings, product specifications, estimates, etc.…
• Coordinates with project management personnel, sales staff and customer representatives to further develop the design intent; addressing questions about finish, functionality, manufacturability and anything else that may not have been fully considered during the sales process
• Develops creative and effective build strategy ideas to best fit all project parameters including delivering on the customers vision, project lead time, production budget, manufacturability, product quality, etc.…
• Effectively employs an array of visual communication mediums (hand sketch, SketchUp, SolidWorks, Adobe Suite…) to efficiently convey design concepts as we work with the customer to define the design intent
Develop a Strategic Design Solution…
• Considers a wide range of construction methodologies optimized to work with wood, metal and plastic materials in order to make well informed decisions while transitioning the initial design concept & build strategy into a fully vetted production design
• Collaborates with engineering, production and vendor resources to both verify fixture build strategies and to explore new creative options
• Utilizes an expert working knowledge of SolidWorks to produce drawing sets for customer design approval as well as generating CAD models to be used when developing production details after the approval process.
• Works within the engineering team as a collaborative resource, effective at reviewing and continuously improving fixture designs as they flow through the full design & manufacturing process
• Continuously balances independent design work with customer & resource collaboration
• Maintains records using a document control process
• Proactively communicates project status, challenges and issues
• Proofread and submit documentation which is comprehensive, accurate and complies with company brand standards
• All other duties as required
Education & Experience:
The training necessary to be ready to take on this position…
• Ideally, 3+ years of design engineering experience in metal and wood product manufacturing; experience with retail clients preferred
• Degree in design (architectural, industrial, engineering…) or equivalent experience preferred
• Solid understanding of how products are built, their intended functions and the desired end result
• Strong work ethic, willing to learn new things, high positivity, and endless curiosity are highly encouraged personal traits for this position
• Ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals or groups
• Innovative and creative problem solver
Anything else important to being able to perform the duties of the job effectively…
• Advanced knowledge of 3D CAD modeling utilizing SolidWorks CAD Software
• Familiarity with supporting design software such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and SketchUp are a plus
• Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
• Adaptability and flexibility to meet an equally fast paced and rapidly changing work environment
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
• Readily exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of job-related duties
• Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand
Revit Drafter – Single Family Custom Homes
Are you looking for an opportunity to leave your mark and show your talents. We are looking for a high end single family custom home drafter using Revit for a very well known firm located in the Western Twin Cities.
This particular position will be a key piece in the cog as Revit is being introduced to company recently. If you consider yourself a Revit expert you experience will be greatly admired.
Salary is very competitive and is based on experience. This is a Direct Hire with not contracts.
Candidates must be living in or willing to move to Minnesota. Must also submit to a background and drug screening previous to offer.
Please submit resume for consideration