Architectural and Construction
Seeking drafting with experience detailing structural and misc. metals with AutoCAD and/or SDS2. Will consider light level candidates that have some structural experience but need to be trained in steel detailing.
Project Design/Mechanical Engineer
• Reviews project specifications, plans, and requirements to assist sales in the preparation of quotations
conveying price, delivery and technical information to customers.
• Ensure that processes, construction, installation, and operational requirements meet specifications, codes,
and end-user expectations.
• Design equipment from the ground up utilizing 3D modeling software to meet customer’s requirements
while adhering to latest codes and standards.
• Maintain working knowledge of States MFG. laser, turret, press brakes, etc. and associated machine
programming software to aide in product improvement.
• Travel (occasionally overnight and off-hours) as required to support field measurements and maintenance
of equipment (approximately 5% of the time).
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with shop employees to promote feedback to drive
• Projects a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors and
• Stays current with product updates and code changes.
• Make recommendations to management on manufacturing processes to promote lean manufacturing.
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years’ experience or Electrical System Design expert with 5+ years’
• Experience with CAD (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) software is required.
• Understanding of 3-phase power systems is preferred.
• Understanding of low voltage and/or medium voltage electrical equipment is preferred.
• Experience in sheet metal manufacturing and electrical equipment design.
• Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish daily tasks.
• Superior problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently making sound design/engineering decisions for weeks at a
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
This position requires the ability to sit, and bend or stand for extended periods of time.
Performance of duties will mostly be in the office.
Initial 3‐6 months of this position will require working in a shop setting fabricating and assembling equipment.
During this time, you must be able to sit, kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl. Also will require the ability to
move and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds
Architectural firm in search of a Project Architect(Preferably licensed) with 2-5+ years of experience.
General job description includes:
Nominal responsibilities • Space Planning of simple and/or small spaces • Design and Planning of simple structures • Development of Predesign information including programming, cost estimating and blocking diagrams • Coordination and clarification of scheduling and due dates relative to work underway and pending • Layout of floor plan drawings, elevations and sections from preliminaries • Research of Materials, Finishes, Precedents and Typologies • Layout of Systems Furnishings using nominal and actual dimensions • Development of outline specifications describing design intent • Completion of given tasks in a timely manner • Communication of completion of tasks to supervisor and peers • AutoCAD/Revit drafting of pre-drawn or sketched information
• Field verification of as-built conditions • Translation of field notes into CAD drawings • Printing and Photocopying • Site and building photography • Clerical Tasks such as maintaining technical and job binders and files • Basic product research and recommendation • Involvement in the preparation of Construction Documents through door, window, frame, finish and fixture schedule input Hatching, texturing, and finish up entourage on presentation drawings
Advanced responsibilities • Expected to learn fast and become productive within three to six months of hiring • Limited Client/User contact and dialog • Development of Project Manual and associated “front-end”, specifications and input by consultants
• Coordination Professional Consultant information with Design – S, M and E engineers, LA’s, Civil engineers, Cost Estimators, etc. Establish deadlines and take responsibility for thorough completion of project items by established deadline
Qualifications: • Working knowledge of Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems • Working Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe CS, Microsoft Office Suite; Sketchup required. General organizational skills and time management skills • Presentation preparation skills – printing, copying, cutting, paste-ups, hot gluing, spray gluing etc. Working understanding of building construction and design principles • Working understanding of IBC and State Building Code, including accessibility requirements • Hand sketching, Hand Rendering and Hand Drafting skills along with basic model building skills Knowledge of Design and Architectural History
MDS Staffing is seeking an experienced Architectural Drafter to fill a work from home position.
Our customer will provide the work station, software, etc. The ideal candidate will be seasoned, somewhere around 10+ years of experience, or equivalent aptitude. The candidate can be located anywhere, but someone NW of the cities is preferred, ideally in the Monticello to Brainerd to Alexandria triangle.
Our customer is an architectural drafting service based in southern Minnesota. They do drafting work for Architects and General Contractors, and, also some design work for private clients. They currently have around 10 employees, with 4 or 5 small office locations. The owner has family and often is visiting lake country, so he’d like to expand up NW of the cities…but this is not required. They used AutoCAD primarily, but would be interested in candidates proficient with Chief Architect for residential or Revit for commercial. This firm does a 50/50 split of residential and commercial construction, and also a 50/50 split of new construction and remodel or tenant improvement. Pay rate of $23-28/hr (paid as a salary) and six paid holidays. They currently have “unlimited” vacation, with a policy that you can take as much time off as you want…as long as you are getting the work done and are a productive employee. They currently do not offer health insurance.
Should business grow in the NW metro, there is potential for a small physical office to be established also. With that, aptitude or interest in leadership would be a plus. Self-motivation and good work ethic are a must.
Assembler- Architectural and Acoustical Products company in search of an assembler to assemble products according to specifications.
Previous assembly work preferred. Must be mechanically inclined. Must be reliable.