Architectural and Construction
Tool and Die Maker
Position Summary Understand the tool building processes from specifications such as noted in blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts. Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools. Essential Functions To assist production team to assure the timely completion of a quality product and to meet all quality standards and customer specifications. Duties and Responsibilities This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Level 3 23. Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and has skill to recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.24. Assist in the decision-making process of future machine and tooling purchases.25. Assist design in selecting select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.26. Assists designer/engineers to Develop and design new tools and dies,
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience• Requires education generally equivalent to a 2 year Technical Degree.• Requires 2+ years of machinist experience.• Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform geometric algebraic and trig calculations.• Must perform metric conversions.• Requires good English oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications and routings.• Workstation Computer/PC experience or demonstrated knowledge.
MDS Staffing is seeking a Tool Maker. This person would build dies from beginning to end, including assembly and assist with die maintenance. Progressive die experience would be helpful , but for sure they need to be able to make blank, compound blank, and form dies. Training on progressive dies will be considered for the right candidate.
The normal shift is 7:00am – 3:30pm M-F, but they are currently working 6:00am – 4:30pm M-F due to work load.
MDS Staffing is seeking candidates to fill a Structural Engineering position. Our customer is one of the leading bridge design firms in Minnesota.
This engineer role is requiring an individual with 2+ years of experience. Some experience in design of vehicular and pedestrian bridges. Our customer designs bridges throughout Minnesota and surrounding states.
Preferred requirements listed below:
- MathCAD, RISA3D, AASHTOWare BrR, and AutoCAD proficiency
- Microsoft Excel & Word proficiency
- Experience with reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, steel, and timber
- Prefabricated steel truss experience
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Bridge condition inspection / safety inspection experience
Benefits offered are health and vacation benefits, casual dress & an open office workspace with easy access to nearby freeways and retail options.
Seeking candidate to fill a Assembly-Transducer Tech (Electro/Mechanical) position.
($23.00 – $24.00/hour)
1st shift (4 ten hour days)
To apply knowledge and skills of strain gage based transducer theory, operation, construction, testing and measurement to the development, manufacture, and troubleshooting of transducers. An individual will generally be focused in manufacturing oriented activities.
AA degree, 2 yr Vo-Tech certificate or equivalent military training in Electronics, Mechanics or Hydraulics or 4 yrs assembly or technical experience in the above including soldering & small-scale or precision assemblies.
Must understand & apply basic electro-mechanical technologies applicable to the job focus; electrical schematics; wire routing & layout; effective soldering technique; effects of strain on gages, components & assembly; adhesive bonding & sealing techniques; electrical & mechanical measurement; controllers, data acquisition; basic product quality.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Manufacture and perform functional tests on standard and custom strain gage based transducers utilizing engineering prints, work instructions and standard department procedures.
2. Utilize resources to troubleshoot and solve problems in manufacturing caused by design, documentation, processes, materials, and equipment.
– Senior Technician(s)
– Production Team Lead (PTL)
– Manufacturing Engineer or Engineers(s)
3. Maintain manufacturing records and process documentation.
– Transducer-specific manufacturing records, (database)
– Process instructions
– Identify changes to engineering prints
4. Provide technical support in new product development and continuing improvement projects.
– Build prototypes with limited documentation
– Resolve technical issues as appropriate for the project, i.e. layout, wiring, fixtures, etc.
– Determine processes and techniques to maximize quality, accuracy, and efficiency
– Recommend fixtures and assist in their design
– Identify process and equipment constraints, recommend and implement solutions
– Estimate operation times
5. Design, manage, perform and document strain gage and transducer related engineering experiments. Provide technical support to other departments.
- – Special strain gauging or calibration projects
– Prototype products
– Strain gauge and various transducer training
7. Maintain open lines of communication with PTL, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, peers and interdependent departments.
– Keep Operations Manager and team members informed of progress, problems and changes in products and processes
– Effectively communicate design and process improvement ideas
– Communicate concerns about personal development, scheduling, product quality and morale
8. Maintain personal conduct appropriate to the work place and position.
– Behave in a professional manner, maintaining a separation between work issues and personal issues.
– Work as a team member, integrating and coordinating ideas and strengths of all team members
– Address personal and professional issues in a timely manner
– Maintain a cooperative relationship with team members and support groups
– Maintain an orderly and safe work area to include 5S methods daily
9. Manage time to maximize productivity, meet route times, and delivery requirements, maintaining high quality standards. Manage concurrent projects and responsibilities to achieve all requirements and meet all deadlines.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Need a young sales person to work under existing sales person who is going to retire within next year. Like someone with some design background to at least do some sketching for manufacturing. A lot of their work is for theme related environments. Architectural and acoustical wall panels. Examples of existing clients include Bass Pro Shops and Cabellas. Selling interior landscaping offering a diverse set of specialty services in landscape planning and design, landscape architecture, trees installation, plant service and maintenance programs and commercial décor. Designing interior and outdoor landscapes using live plants and trees, especially tropical plants.