Architectural and Construction
Seeking drafter with AutoCAD skills.
Architectural Submittal Drafter
– Utilize AutoCAD to produce accurate submittal drawings for architect/customer review
– Analyze project documents and develop detailed drawings required to accurately covey scope of work and architectural intent
– Assist project managers with updating drawings, creating sketches, creating RFI’s, developing details for unique job conditions, and revise project documents
– Review work from other drafters to ensure accuracy
– Complete projects on time and accurately
– Other duties as assigned
– Proficient in AutoCAD 2015 or newer
– Previous sheet metal or glass and glazing industry experience is helpful
Will be creating shop drawings for Architectural Metal products such as awnings, column wraps, etc. Position is contract to direct hire. Located in the NW metro.
• Coordinate with surveyor and architect to receive and reference CAD (.DWG) files for the engineering plans• Coordinate with surveyor and architect to receive and reference CAD (.DWG) files for the engineering plans• Locate the project location (county) and set coordinate system for drawing and map services• Draw up extensive blueprints and construction plans (title sheet, grading plan, utility plan, site plan, etc.) for residential and commercial projects• Adept in layer management for CAD regarding different plan sheets and annotations• Use CIVIL 3D functions such as water drop, slope arrows, catchment areas, etc. to delineate existing or proposed surface drainage areas for watershed analysis• Extract contours from a surface (most of the times, a topo surface is provided by the Surveyor) to retrieve pond/basin areas for modeling• Assist engineer in retrieving standard details and specifications for the various cities in the Metro area in order to determine design options for each project• able to retrieve information from watershed websites regarding design rules• Download LIDAR (from MNTOPO) and create a surface in CAD for preliminary analysis or to paste to topo surface that does not contain sufficient analysis area• Use CIVIL 3D to create alignments, profiles, corridors, etc. for roadway design• Have experience with site plan layouts (setbacks, curbs, curb radius, etc.)• Can do earthwork quantities to provide net cut/fill report or color-coded grid exhibits• Adept in creating 3D surfaces to analyze cut/fill volumes within a certain elevation range (for projects within a floodplain)• Assist with generating landscape plans in accordance to city codes• Bonus: Have a good understanding of grading and utility design with regards to awareness of elevations for flow and cover underneath ground in order to determine possible spot elevations and reshaping of contours
Detailed, disciplined, focused…does this sound like you? Are you looking for an established firm that values quality work and provides opportunities to grow your skill set? If your answer is yes, We have a position that might be the right fit for you. We’re looking for a precise, analytical professional to consistently deliver for our clients.
As a Designer, you’ll work with Engineers and Project Managers to prepare construction documents, perform design work to specified CAD standards and provide work direction to Technicians. The Senior Designer works with Engineers and Project Managers to prepare complete construction documents and assist during the construction support phase. The Senior Designer will serve as a primary technical contact on projects and provide work direction to Designers and Technicians.
You’ll work on an array of projects for our agribusiness clients, collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver process flow diagrams, equipment lists and facility layouts for bulk material handling facilities such as feed mills, export terminals and grain elevators. While we value direct general arrangement / agribusiness experience, we welcome candidates with architectural drafting / design skills who are eager to apply them to this field.
Layout plans, sections and details to specified CAD standards working directly with engineers or project managers.
Provide direction and distribute work to Technicians.
Review and back-check Technician’s work.
Coordinate with design team members and product vendors.
Communicate with clients and/or contractors regarding RFI’s and field questions.
Maintain awareness of fees and drafting time, understand project scope and identify potential additional service items.
Review shop drawings.
Attend internal coordination meetings and client coordination meetings as needed.
Occasional travel for site observations and field measurements.
Additional Responsibilities for Sr. Designers with 8 or more years of experience:
Understand and convey scope, schedules and end-product needs to internal project team.
Accountable for all drawing content.
Participate in internal coordination meetings and client coordination meetings.
Provide direction and distribute work to technicians, designers, and engineers.
Certificate in construction related design/drafting or higher and at least three years of directly related experience OR at least four years of directly related experience
Proficient with current versions of AutoCAD and REVIT 3D preferred.
Additional Qualifications for Sr. Designers with 8 or more years of experience:
Certificate in construction related design/drafting or higher and at least eight years of directly related experience OR at least nine years of directly related experience.
Seeking Bridge Drafting Technician with 2-10 years of experience. This position involves performing structural drafting work and geometric layout on bridge projects, preparing plans, performing quantity calculations, following MnDOT design standards and agency technical requirements, and performing other assignments related to structural drafting on municipal and transportation projects. Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation software is required. Experience with construction observation a plus.
Drafting bridge plans
Drafting road plans
Other transportation structural drafting such as retaining walls, box culverts, etc.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
Strong math skills
Proficiency with computer aided drafting
Problem solving ability
Good communication skills
Project Manager – Architectural Products Division
Seeking a Project Manager to sell specialty architectural products (primarily Division 9) for interiors
of Corporate, Educational, Hospitality, and Healthcare projects.
We are a design studio that specializes in architectural wall and ceiling finishes. We are
committed to creating environments that elevate people’s lives as they work, learn, heal, and engage
in public spaces. Our diverse line of products creates solutions that embody our clients’ brands.
We celebrate design and believe our different material collections speak to people, helping to evoke
a memorable experience. As we design + build our finishes, we work with architects and designers
to achieve their vision, culture, mission, values, and goals. We manufacture all of our products. As
we produce systems and components, our management carries the extent of the design to the
ultimate phase of production. We offer architects and designers an array of varied architectural
finishes made of a wide range of materials suited for specific designs and applications.
We are seeking a driven, highly organized, and extremely competent person to join our innovative,
growing company as a Project Manager. This person would be responsible for sourcing, closing, and
managing the entire project execution of the sale of specialty architectural products to the
commercial market. Day-to-day responsibilities would include extensive communication (via email
and phone) with Architects, Designers, and Contractors to specify, estimate, propose, and fulfill sale
opportunities into the products we manufacture. The prospective customers, projects, products, and sales process is very well defined therefore success is achieved through discipline, rigorous
execution, and unrelenting pursuit.
Qualified candidates will have:
● Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred, Associates degree and
experience in similar sales environment considered. Architectural or industry-related sales
experience a plus.
● 2-3 years of previous sales experience in a business to business environment with a high
degree of customer interaction
● Self-started who is focused, articulate, well organized, and detail-oriented
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to write briefs, promote and explain ideas,
and build relationships with clients
● High EQ with a strong business acumen that he or she will leverage to build relationships with
current and future customers.
● Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail.
● Strong math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Ability to work with multiple deadlines, under pressure, and at a fast pace.
● Proficiency in electronic communication and standard office suite of software. Demonstrated
ability in both speed and efficiency on software tools.
• Base + Commission
• Profit-sharing plan / 401(k)
• Paid holidays/vacation
• Paid sick days
• Health benefits