Engineering and Manufacturing
Mechanical Drafter – Inventor
Inventor/Solid modeling drafter to work in our Production Engineering Department. Looking for someone with 0-2 years’ or more with experience in Inventor or solid modeling. Good communication and organizational skills. Having a knowledge with sheet metal layout and fabrication drawing/modeling would be a plus.
SolidWorks Drafter / Designer
Seeking experience SolidWorks user to design and create shop drawing for large agricultural support equipment. Knowledge in structural steel or steel detailing preferred.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Under the direct supervision of the Engineering Product Design Manager, this position is responsible for machine design projects from concept through successful field operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Collaborates with Sales and Systems Engineering to evaluate customer needs and determine appropriate solution, designs and conceptualizes new machines or modifies existing machines.
• Performs technical analysis on new designs to meet internal standards and customer requirements (i.e., safe load calculations, speed and cost estimates, safety analysis, manufacturability, modular design etc.)
• Follows established safety standards for the design, manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and safeguarding of automated machinery
• Works with Electrical Engineers to develop appropriate controls methodology, considering safety, customer needs, speed requirements, environment, etc.
• Conducts design reviews, solicits feedback from Sales, Systems Engineering, Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Service and Accounting as appropriate
• Manages all assigned projects through completion, including resolution of manufacturing and field issues to ensure that finished product meets customer needs
• Requires work related travel up to 5% of the time for Sales and Service support, equipment evaluation, and design follow-up.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10 plus years of product design experience in similar industries, with a preference for food and/or material handling.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent mechanical aptitude with good understanding of machine design, motion control, hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication and finishing.
• Proficient in use of Inventor 3-d, Vault Collaboration, AutoCAD or similar software.
Temporary Drafter: AutoDesk Inventor. Machine Design, 3 months temp.
Production Detailer/Technical Illustrator
Design, layout, detailing, and illustration for tradeshow exhibits and booths. Proficiency with Vectorworks and FormZ preferred.