Engineering and Manufacturing
The CNC Operator I produces machined parts by operating a computer numerical controlled (CNC) Lathes and/or Mills with minimal supervision. This position runs production lots, keeps records, communicates with co-workers and managers regarding production runs, and maintains quality and safety standards
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Load and unload materials and parts manually or using appropriate equipment or tools.
- Operate CNC equipment and observe operations with focused attention.
- Advise supervisor of any machine issues, crashes, or needed repairs.
- Operate grinding and related tools to remove excess material or burrs from surfaces.
- Assure quality by inspecting finished parts; report irregularities or tolerance deviations to supervisor or quality control personnel.
- Perform tool wear offsets or change inserts to meet tolerance requirements.
- Monitor progress toward, and meet production goals.
- Follow, create and help maintain work instructions; complete required daily paperwork.
- Maintain equipment and worksite by completing housekeeping, preventive maintenance and daily inspection tasks.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions with moderate temperature fluctuation. The employee is exposed to hazards such as metal chips, oils and cutting fluids, and proximity to moving parts which require adherence to safety procedures and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with their arms. This position requires occasional squatting/kneeling, forward bending, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, neck rotation or extension, wrist rotation or extension, forearm rotation, grasping and pinching. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 70lbs. The employee may be required to move or transfer products with an overhead crane, pallet jack and/or forklift (with license).
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical situations.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Interpersonal communication skills characterized by honest, professional, respectful communication and effective listening skills.
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- Ability to meet production goals for quality and quantity.
- Possess or willing to obtain hand tools required to perform daily tasks.
- High level of dependability.
- Flexibility with time and schedule, and availability for overtime when required.
- One year related experience, training and/or technical education.
- Proficiency with CNC controls.
- Experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Experience reading part prints or drawings, and/or machining work orders.
- Experience using standard quality inspection tools and gages.
- Demonstrated problem solving and reasoning ability in a manufacturing environment.
- Forklift experience and/or active forklift certification.
CAD/CAM Programmer & CNC Machinist
• Work with quality and project manager to engineer the manufacturing process using your experience and company established “best practices”.
• Design & build fixtures, set-up CNC machines for secondary ops on prototype castings, machine & finish prototype parts.
• Program, fixture, and machine parts from metal and plastic billet/raw stock materials.
• Assist in machining of production tooling components as necessary
Need an Industrial Designer or Mechanical Designer to focus on 3D Modeling, conceptual design, assemblies, bills of materials and layouts. Work on several projects concurrently. Will train in every aspect of the job.
JOB TITLE: Project Engineer JOB TITLE: Project Engineer DEPARTMENT: Engineering FLSA STATUS: Full Time – Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the engineering manager.
SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:• Provide technical oversight and sign off on all engineered projects assigned to you.• Communicate with customers and the sales department to clarify the desired outcome of a project.• Be interactive with customer, by phone, in person or at work sites, as required. • Per customer order, perform application engineering on a variety of dry fertilizer conveying and blending equipment.• Work with project manager(s) (if assigned) and the sales team to ensure all required information is obtained for assigned projects.• Update general layout drawings as required after handoff from the sales layout drafter.• Provide necessary guidance for mechanical engineers, designers, drafters to perform project design work.• Perform the same engineering design work as the team of engineers, designers, drafters to include work on projects not assigned to you utilizing computer-aided drafting and design (CAD), SolidWorks and AutoCAD.• Check all work performed by mechanical engineers, designers, drafters on projects including part and assembly drawings, BOMs, packets for millwrights, and packets for the customer.• Update general layout drawings and finalize all documentation for project closeout.• Work with engineering support staff to release drawings to manufacturing and packets to shipping.• Prepare and maintain controls and automation documents for projects.• Prepare and maintain Master Project Information document prior to start of job and throughout completion.• Provide guidance to millwrights and other third-party contractors to ensure proper equipment installation and startup.• Visit customer sites as required to obtain or communicate project information and ensure proper equipment installation and startup.• Run and document project meetings and conference calls as needed.• Assist in the creation of equipment design standards.• Write Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) to communicate design changes or standardization.• Coordinate work with other departments within the organization.• Handle issues and questions from the field by reacting quickly.• Work in new product development groups to design new features and equipment.• Maintain files and records.• Safeguard confidential information regarding employees and the company. • Collaborate frequently with Engineering Manager.• Travel up to 20%.• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS• Knowledge of engineering principles and solid analytical skills. • Perform engineering calculations by hand and using software to ensure proper equipment strength and design.• Solid mechanical design background with the ability to perform design/layout work in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.• Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.• Good communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to prepare clear and concise technical documents including ECNs and project reports.• Ability to deliver results on time to the highest standards. • Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects at the same time. • Ability to travel to and work at project sites during various project stages.• Strong organization and documentation skills.• Strong drive and resilience, action and result oriented.• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. • Excellent people skills. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with other employees, customers, and third-party partners.• Strong work ethic. Must be able to put in the hours required to complete work.• Possess knowledge of Microsoft Outlook tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:• Engineering or engineering technology degree.• 5 years of experience in machine/equipment design.• 5 years of experience in project management.• Experience in AutoCAD and SolidWorks or comparable software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:• Fluent user of AutoCAD and SolidWorks.• Excellent oral and written communication skills.• Understanding of OSHA regulations.• Experience in agriculture, material handling, material blending or fertilizer industry.
EQUIPMENT/JOB LOCATION: Works primarily from an office in the Waconia and the Norwood-Young America facility. Travel to other company operations and job sites as needed. Equipment used includes, but is not limited to, personal computer, printer, fax machine, calculator and copy machine.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.• Sit for extended periods of time.• To have hand and arm (or equivalent) dexterity adequate to allow for extensive use of a keyboard for data entry.• To talk and hear with enough proficiency to allow for communicating with customers by phone or in person.• To have adequate vision to accommodate frequent viewing of computer screens, print reports and customer account cards and ledgers.• The noise level is usually moderate.
Entry Level Civil Engineer
Analytical, accurate, independent…does this sound like you? Are you looking for an established firm that provides opportunities for professional growth and training in a fast-paced environment? If your answer is yes, we have a position that might be the right fit for you. We’re looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented professional to consistently deliver to our clients.
The Civil team is focused on maximizing site functionality through design work that includes roadway / track layouts, utility coordination, storm water management, site grading, drainage and erosion control, truck simulations and permitting / agency coordination for agribusiness, industrial and commercial facilities.
Perform high quality engineering services.
Appropriately and efficiently use software and hand calculations to develop design solutions that meet code requirements and are constructible.
Perform site visits/observations/structural evaluations. (Potential 10% travel to construction job sites.)
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with structural engineering emphasis
E.I.T. for entry-level position
3-5 years’ experience
Location Plymouth/Direct Hire No Contracts
Please submit resume if you have further interest.