Engineering and Manufacturing
POSITION: ENTRY LEVEL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
This is an entry level position with direct supervision which will provide experience and guidance with engineering methods, practices, and software. The assignments will cover electrical design tasks such as technical specifications, calculations, drawings, vendor technical management, etc. related to Oil & Gas, Energy, T&D and industrial facilities. Within the extent and magnitude of the responsibilities and opportunities available to any individual are dependent on demonstrated performance. While this is an office-based position, some travel (including international) is required.
• (Pursuing) BS degree in Electrical Engineering• Must possess very good organization, interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.• Excellent oral and written communication skills.• Legally eligible to work in the US
Key Skills: Viable candidate will be a flexible and dynamic team player capable of integrating into an international team. Individuals must have excellent written and oral communication skills, along with very good organizational habits. AutoCad experience is a plus. Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well in a collaborative environment and demonstrate effective team building skills is a must. Spanish language is a plus. Experience: 0 – 3 years of experience – preferably in industrial projects. Internship experience is a plus. Other: Must have valid passport or able to obtain a passport, and ability to travel. Working Conditions: This position will work in an office environment involving computers, phones, and other personnel in close proximity. Individual must be willing to work flexible hours, if needed for business purposes.
POSITION: Electrical Engineer
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
Primary Responsibilities: Electrical design tasks for industrial facilities. Assignments will be varied and can include such items as equipment selection and specification preparation, calculations, single line diagram definition, grounding, arc flash studies, power plans distribution, vendor technical management, etc. Experience with either power generation or industrial facility low and medium voltage distribution is expected. The position will require an ability to make independent decisions on engineering problems and methods, define options, and articulate the best solution(s) to the team. This is not a supervisory position; however, the individual may need to direct the work of other engineers and/or designers on a project basis. While this is an office-based position, some travel (including international) may be required.
Key Skills: • Flexible and dynamic team player capable of integrating into an international team• Excellent written and oral communication skills• Strong organizational and project documentation habits • Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate effective team-building skills • Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Minimum Academic & Professional Requirements: • Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering• Licensed Professional Engineer • Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial projects• Experience managing successful client relationships and business development skills is a plus.
Other: Must have a valid passport or be able to obtain a passport, and ability to travel (<20%)
Working Conditions: This position will work in an office environment involving computers, phones, and other personnel in close proximity. Individuals must be willing to work flexible hours, if needed for business purposes.
Our Employees Enjoy:• COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION – Including Incentive compensation based on company performance • JOB ENRICHMENT AND CAREER ENHANCEMENT • GREAT BENEFITS – Company contributions to Health Savings Accounts, medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability, long term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, and other benefit programs • EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS • PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT- invests in developing its professionals including job-related professional training with tuition reimbursement opportunities.
CNC Mill Machinist
Primary Objective: Perform machining operations in accordance with the company’s Machine Shop procedures and work instructions. Utilize documentation and skills to provide parts and assemblies to internal and external customers that meet quality and schedule requirements.
Qualifications:• Two year certification from college or trade school with previous experience or four years applicable experience in a machine shop environment.• Must understand and apply advanced machining knowledge. • Machining tolerances and measuring equipment, tooling selection, machine setup and operation. Common machining symbols on prints. • Understanding of material characteristics and proper machining techniques. • Ability to read and understand CNC G-code and M-code for CNC operators or ability to run multiple manual machines• Preferred experience running: Doosan/Hurco/Matsura MAM/Makino-Horizontal Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Performs machining operations on a variety of parts and is fully competent in the following areas:• Accept responsibility for completing required operations in an efficient manner.• Take initiative and make decisions to meet the customers’ expectations.• Perform set-ups in a timely and efficient manner.• Perform normal preventative maintenance as required or apparent.• Maintain a clean and well-organized work area; work in conjunction with both shifts to do so.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of / ability to:• Machining prints and meet print requirements.• Machine Shop routing system.• Inspect and verify dimensions to required accuracy.
3. Perform machining operations in the following manner:• Provide constructive feedback to area supervisor on quality issues, trends and workload. Exhibit willingness to help resolve issues regarding schedules and priorities.• Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to work overtime and to meet demands of other work stations.• Interact and communicate effectively with all colleagues, including supervisors. Display ability to work as a part of team.• Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner. Identify safety hazards and involve appropriate parties to resolve.• Initiate creative and/or innovative ideas and shows willingness to implement them.
4. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
CNC Lathe Machinist-
Machine Shop looking for a long term, hardworking, willing to learn, positive CNC LATHE machinist to join their team. They are a small machine shop that has a lot to offer such as competitive pay, benefits and great working environment!
The ideal candidate can Program(MasterCAM), Setup, and operate a CNC Lathe.
We are looking for an experienced machinist with the RIGHT ATTITUDE and DRIVE. Someone that is hard working and also willing to learn. In our shop we cross train employees regularly so you have a great chance to learn more than one machine and be exposed to multiple styles of machining/duties.
-Must have a 2 year vocational degree in the machining field and/or equivalent experience and education with MIN 2 years’ experience.
-Must be able to pass a Drug Test.
Some of the benefits to our company are:
– One shift shop starting at 6:00am M-F with overtime opportunity and time and a half pay. Weekends Off.
– Company pays 90% of medical insurance premiums and 100% dental insurance premiums.
– Competitive pay.
– Clean shop with heat and air conditioning
– 401k Match
– Profit sharing availability
– Performance bonus opportunities.
– Holiday/Vacation Pay
– Much MORE
We machine a wide variety of materials from plastics to aluminum to exotic super alloys. We do a lot of semi-finish turning and milling as well as finishing parts to tight tolerances. Part lot sizes range from 1 piece to a few hundred to a few thousand but high numbers are mostly in our Swiss lathe. We are a job shop that runs some short production repeat work as well as 1 time single parts.
Some of the job duties and responsibilities:
– Program using programming software or programming/edits by hand. Mastercam is used.
– Set up machines with correct tools and fixtures.
– Run parts, perform offsets and troubleshoot.
– Print interpretation and understanding of measurement and part tolerances is required.
– Perform part inspection. We have tools but we also let you bring your own tools here as well.
– Perform each job with a high level of quality while continually working to improve efficiency.
– Problem solves and come up with solutions on your own.
– Team player.
– Take and give advice. Have an open mind.
– Good communication skills.
– Keep and maintain a clean/safe working area. We strive to keep a clean shop.
– Most importantly have the drive to succeed and willingness to learn. Be self-motivated.
– Please contact us for a complete list. It will be discussed during first interview as well.
– Good attendance.
MDS Staffing is seeking a Professional Engineer/Project Lead to join our Residential Design Studio. Duties include all aspects of residential site design, including preparation of site plans, grading, drainage, erosion control plans, utility plans, and coordination with other disciplines.. We are looking for 5+ years of experience.
Required: A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of experience. Basic knowledge of construction administration. Familiar with specifications within the field. Ability to comfortably work in a Windows and Microsoft environment. Basic understanding of the software necessary to complete the level of communication needed. Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job. Good verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated and growth-minded Preferred: Professional Engineer.
Using the software and tools provided, become familiar and use company’s systems and standards to: Proficient in using AutoCAD, experience in Civil3D is preferred. Perform basic site drafting, grading, and plan preparation, including plotting and assembling plan sets. Perform basic small site storm water modelling, storage indication, and routing methods. Perform basic to intermediate quantity calculations. Perform basic site lighting and landscape plans. Perform private utility coordination, site investigations, technical and basic zoning research. Perform basic design and materials selection with guidance. Private utility coordination and basic zoning research. Draft and setup addendums.