Engineering and Manufacturing
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Under the direct supervision of the Engineering Product Design Manager, this position is responsible for machine design projects from concept through successful field operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Collaborates with Sales and Systems Engineering to evaluate customer needs and determine appropriate solution, designs and conceptualizes new machines or modifies existing machines.
• Performs technical analysis on new designs to meet internal standards and customer requirements (i.e., safe load calculations, speed and cost estimates, safety analysis, manufacturability, modular design etc.)
• Follows established safety standards for the design, manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and safeguarding of automated machinery
• Works with Electrical Engineers to develop appropriate controls methodology, considering safety, customer needs, speed requirements, environment, etc.
• Conducts design reviews, solicits feedback from Sales, Systems Engineering, Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Service and Accounting as appropriate
• Manages all assigned projects through completion, including resolution of manufacturing and field issues to ensure that finished product meets customer needs
• Requires work related travel up to 5% of the time for Sales and Service support, equipment evaluation, and design follow-up.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10 plus years of product design experience in similar industries, with a preference for food and/or material handling.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent mechanical aptitude with good understanding of machine design, motion control, hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication and finishing.
• Proficient in use of Inventor 3-d, Vault Collaboration, AutoCAD or similar software.
We are looking for both a PM / Programmer and Design. Sometimes a candidate has all the still sets we are looking for.
Controls Engineer / Project Manager
Electrical Controls Engineer
In Control, Inc a Systems Integrator in the industrial and municipal markets is looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer. This is an immediate full-time direct hire position with full benefits and competitive salary. Experience in any or all of the areas below a definite plus:
1) Electrical control panel design using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical.
2) Experience with process instrumentation: temperature, flow, pressure transmitters, etc.
3) Experience with motor control center design and implementation.
4) PLC programming of Rockwell, Group Schneider, GE, or Siemens processors.
5) SCADA programming of Rockwell, Wonderware, or GE products.
6) Visual Studio programming.
7) Start up and commissioning of custom control systems.
8) Project Management
The successful applicant will be involved in the design, programming, check out, and start up phases of control system projects.
Seeking a drafter with a background in designing fire protection systems, that includes Fire Alarms, Clean Agents and/or Sprecial Hazards. AutoCAD skills required.
Would consider a candidate with fire suppression background (sprinklers), that is related to the work they do.
This is a Direct Hire position located in the north metro.
Structural drafter with AutoCAD skills. Contract to direct.
Structural Engineer-PE. Looking for a Structural Engineer, PE with 5+ years of experience working with commercial buildings and structures.