Management and Administration
Specific Duties Include:
• Performs auditing and evaluation of incoming supplies, produced parts, and completed projects to assure
conformance to established standards and project requirements.
• Drives strategic and operational quality plans that support the overall goals of the company.
• Ensure compliance with, and continuous development and improvement of the companies Manufacturing
Business Operating System, ISO Certification, and Continuous Improvement programs.
• Collect, analyze, and report internal and external quality data. Provide recommendations, and lead
improvement projects and activities related to engineering, operations, manufacturing, and sales.
• Represent the company in customer related communication on quality status, including corrective action
responses, customer visits, quality presentation, and customer satisfaction and follow-up procedures.
• Writes and maintains technical management system reports, calibration systems, and processes.
• Develops and tracks measurements to support internal and external lean processes related to product
procurement, cost, and delivery efficiencies, including rework operations and non-conforming products.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in operations, engineering, or manufacturing environments.
• Experience in working with, and leading lean initiatives.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to pass background and drug test prior to employment.
• Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish daily tasks.
• Superior problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently making sound design decisions for multiple weeks at a time
The Supervisor II will be responsible for directing and coordinating manufacturing processes and staff to ensure production objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with customer delivery and quality requirements. This role drives continuous improvement to the methods of manufacturing and ensures a safe and procedural compliant work environment.
Essential Job Functions • Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments• Ensure the production schedule is attained and issues are resolved in a timely manner• Maintain quality and safety by establishing and enforcing standards• Communicate and deliver employee communication tools for job performance to include annual performance goals, employee recognition, training, and development, coaching and counseling• Lead staff through visual metrics and tiered accountability meetings• Monitor staffing levels and partners with Human Resources on talent management initiatives• Enforce company standards by following and enforcing policies and procedures • Lead project management activities and teams• Complete special projects as needed• Drive process improvements in quality, delivery, inventory, and safety procedures • Ensure work instructions, set up sheets, and checklists are used and understood• Enter production information into the ERP system on a timely basis• Support and comply with the company Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements• Read, understand, and follow work instructions and standard work• Partner with other business segments: sales/marketing, customer service, engineering, quality, and finance• Understand customer needs and the core business markets we serve• Ensure business systems are implemented, maintained, and functioning properly• Participate in required company meetings • Maintain an organized work area (5S)• Participate in the Operational Excellence Program • Complete all other work duties as assigned• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
Minimum Requirements, Education & Experience (incl. KSA’s and certifications) • Associate degree in a business or technical field • 5 years of experience leading processes and teams in a manufacturing environment• Lean Practitioner Certification• Ability to consistently achieve short and long-term business results• Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills • Attention to detail• Organizational skills • Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment• Ability to prioritize and multitask
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations, or an equivalent field• Supervisory Certificates • Functional experience • Quality and/or Operational Excellence training such as Lean, Six-Sigma, ASQ-CQE, etc.• Working knowledge of ISO 9001/13485 • Mechanical Aptitude• Continuing Education; including participation in local chapters, associations, and/or organizations
Physical & Environmental Demands This company uses cutting oils, solvents, and other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Testing is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure that all chemicals are kept well below the OSHA permissible exposure levels.
Installation Engineer/Supervisor ($90-115k)
Under general direction, the Installation Supervisor is responsible to provide technical support for customers and their contractors to assist in erecting, installing, and the mechanical operation of new equipment in the field. In addition, the Installation Supervisor supports and assists QC and Field Service with inspecting fabricated equipment in the shop and in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist contractors in the erection and installation of new process equipment, provide technical assistance and training to customers for mechanical operation of process equipment. Prepare written field inspection reports and punch lists.
• Perform fabricated equipment inspections in support of the global quality control program – coordinate with Global Quality Assurance Director, Regional Quality Specialist, Project Management, and Field Service to schedule fabrication inspection; address issues & concerns; prepare written fabricator inspection reports.
• Work with Global Quality Assurance Director, Regional Quality Specialist to assist with assuring fabricators meet quality, drawing, and code requirements to generate product consistency among suppliers – ensuring standardized results globally.
• Coordinate with purchasing/receiving department to evaluate locally fabricated equipment and parts. Address issues and concerns; prepare written supplier inspection reports.
• Liaison between fabricators and crown design and project engineering functions, to assist in interpreting design and fabrication information and to ensure that crown fabrication drawing information is accurate, and fabrication techniques are consistent.
• Monitor fabrication schedule and facilitate progress updates between fabricators and internal project management.
• Observe all company & OSHA safety rules, follow fabricators’ and customers’ safety programs when on site.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
• Associate degree or equivalent to a two-year College or technical school.
• 5 plus year’s mechanical experience in equipment fabrication, installation and/or checkout and startup.
• Proficient in the following skills:
o Millwright work
o Welding, inspection
o Field repair.
• Ability to interpret equipment drawings and schematics is an essential skill.
• High integrity and ethics.
• Must be able to communicate in English fluently. Ability to communicate in a second language – European or Asian languages preferred but not required.
• Preferred knowledge in AutoCad.
• Knowledge of computers and applications, such as Microsoft Office.
• Approximately 50% of time spent in the office environment; approximately 50% spent in the plant environment.
• Office environment conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Plant and fabrication environment conditions include some exposure to chemicals, hazardous materials, and noise, potential work at heights, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather conditions.