Thorough, cooperative, team-oriented…does this sound like you? Are you looking for a place where your organizational skills contribute to the success of client projects? If your answer is yes, We have a position that might be the right fit for you. We’re looking for a collaborative individual to assist in managing incoming and outgoing transmittals, tracking deliverables and maintaining project share sites. If you’re a detailed professional with at least one year of experience and the ability to prioritize multiple requests in a fast-paced environment, then we have the place for you.
- Process incoming RFI’s, Drawing Submittals, and change requests – distribute to internal team, follow-up, document and respond to appropriate external parties.
- Assemble client documentation to be filed appropriately and cataloged for client and internal use.
- Collect and organize project construction phase document submittals.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of related experience and / or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Construction Industry – a plus.
More than Engineering
We want you to find your niche with us. Every member of our talented team brings their real selves to the workplace, and we believe in putting people in the right place to do their best work. Our business is built on lasting relationships and authenticity with clients and each other.
But it’s not all calcs and CAD. From partnering with local organizations during our annual Community Caring Campaign to offering employees charitable PTO and outreach events, we strive to improve the lives and places around us. Explore our website to learn more about us!
Estimator–Estimating Steel Columns and Beams/miscellaneous metals. Would prefer 5+ years experience, but open to less. Combination of Structural and Miscellaneous Metals background would be a plus.
Looking for second shift programmers. They use Surfcam, Mazak, Fadal, and Hurco. Monday through Thursday. Start at 3:00 pm. Do their own programming/machining.
MDS Staffing is seeking a Quality Technician.
Our customer is a leader in steel fabrication solutions located in south metro. The person hired for the position of Quality Technician will possess great teamwork and team leadership skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include:• Customer First Article Inspection Reports within Excel, Scanning of documents and prints into the spreadsheet templates.
• Inspection and evaluation of New Tooling Qualification parts using calibrated instruments. Including hand tools such as calipers, height gauges, micrometers and instruments such as Comparator and CMM.
• Reporting and escalating any discrepancies between parts and stated blueprint tolerances.• Interpreting a variety of customer blue prints and applying design intent requirements to actual produced parts.
• Perform Incoming inspection of all hardware and outside processing operations.• Ability to complete all paperwork and follow written procedures, work instructions and use of current revision forms.
• Experience with GD&T and measurement implications per a variety of usages on blueprints.• Perform containment actions and effectively write non-conformance reports in the MRP system.
• Process and Control/Maintain “Master” Quality Control Samples through blueprint changes.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft office including excel, email, and word.
• Must be detail oriented and accurate in evaluations of product and documentation.
• Basic CMM or Comparator programming.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Interactions with other departments verbally and through email are a daily occurrence.
• Data Entry on Excel Spreadsheets and formatting.Secondary Responsibilities Include:• Production First Piece Inspections, In-Process Inspections and Last Piece inspections including documentation of measurements and escalation processes of non-conforming products.• Sorting/Evaluation of contained product because of customer complaints and/or containment actions.
• Backup other technician and take on responsibilities in the case of absence.
• Assistance with root cause analysis, corrective actions, and document corrections.
Knowledge Desired • Knowledge in calibration of hand measurement equipment is preferred but not required.• Knowledge of Control Plans and PPAP documentation preferred but not required.• Knowledge of ISO 9001 principles preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of basic quality engineering principles preferred.• Assistance with root cause analysis, corrective actions, and document corrections.• Knowledge and use of Automotive, Aerospace, and Medical manufacturing industry quality standards and procedures preferred but, not required.
• Knowledge of 8D principles of Root Cause Analysis preferred but not required,
This position will require:• Primary work shift is 7 am – 3:30 pm• Some Overtime may be required but, is typically voluntary.
Basic Qualifications:• Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher• Minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing quality experience Preferred Qualifications:• Associate’s/Two (2) year technical degree or higher from an accredited institution• Strong computer skills• Ability to work independently• CMM programming experience at a beginner level• GD&T knowledge• Blueprint Reading
Buyer/Estimator for Custom Residential Home Builder