The Supervisor II will be responsible for directing and coordinating manufacturing processes and staff to ensure production objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with customer delivery and quality requirements. This role drives continuous improvement to the methods of manufacturing and ensures a safe and procedural compliant work environment.
Essential Job Functions • Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments• Ensure the production schedule is attained and issues are resolved in a timely manner• Maintain quality and safety by establishing and enforcing standards• Communicate and deliver employee communication tools for job performance to include annual performance goals, employee recognition, training, and development, coaching and counseling• Lead staff through visual metrics and tiered accountability meetings• Monitor staffing levels and partners with Human Resources on talent management initiatives• Enforce company standards by following and enforcing policies and procedures • Lead project management activities and teams• Complete special projects as needed• Drive process improvements in quality, delivery, inventory, and safety procedures • Ensure work instructions, set up sheets, and checklists are used and understood• Enter production information into the ERP system on a timely basis• Support and comply with the company Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements• Read, understand, and follow work instructions and standard work• Partner with other business segments: sales/marketing, customer service, engineering, quality, and finance• Understand customer needs and the core business markets we serve• Ensure business systems are implemented, maintained, and functioning properly• Participate in required company meetings • Maintain an organized work area (5S)• Participate in the Operational Excellence Program • Complete all other work duties as assigned• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
Minimum Requirements, Education & Experience (incl. KSA’s and certifications) • Associate degree in a business or technical field • 5 years of experience leading processes and teams in a manufacturing environment• Lean Practitioner Certification• Ability to consistently achieve short and long-term business results• Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills • Attention to detail• Organizational skills • Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment• Ability to prioritize and multitask
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations, or an equivalent field• Supervisory Certificates • Functional experience • Quality and/or Operational Excellence training such as Lean, Six-Sigma, ASQ-CQE, etc.• Working knowledge of ISO 9001/13485 • Mechanical Aptitude• Continuing Education; including participation in local chapters, associations, and/or organizations
Physical & Environmental Demands This company uses cutting oils, solvents, and other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Testing is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure that all chemicals are kept well below the OSHA permissible exposure levels.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for proper picking, packaging, shipping, receiving, handling of materials and maintaining inventory accuracy and internal and/or external customer service for a given location within the company. Performs a variety of warehousing or stockroom functions including receiving, production order picking, warehouse storage, packaging of finished goods, shipping, inventory control, supply documentation, data input, and material distribution and/or delivery as assigned per location requirements. Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting or standing for an extended period is common. Heavy lifting may be expected. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required moving boxes and other goods. Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply basic math is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.• Proficient in all stockroom operations in performance of required technical or routine operational tasks per our policies and procedures.• Responsible for routing outbound freight to assure delivery as required, monitors carriers’ performance reliable delivery within established standards.• Maintains picking, shipping and receiving documentation for filing records. Verifies freight bills with accounting and resolves errors.• Takes finished orders after final quality control inspection and wraps and packs in containers as per company procedures and standards. Prepares packing lists, bills of lading, and other shipping documentation as necessary for the shipments.• Load and unloading of all delivery trucks. Assures compliance with workplace safety procedures. Limits access to loading docks by unauthorized individuals.• Receives and inspects external packaging of all incoming shipments. Notifies delivery personnel of any apparent shipping damage and proceeds accordingly. • Receives and process returned goods shipments. Performs other shipping/receiving duties, as requested.• Assists in maintaining the flow of work and materials based on scheduled supplier deliveries, customer orders, and other internal or external delivery requirements according to established priorities. • Performs and ensures accurate and timely computer and physical transactions as well as verifies accuracy of transactions/paperwork regarding shipping, receiving, stocking, movement or other required material or goods activities. • May use pallet jack, forklift, scales or other machinery to disperse and move material. May be responsible for maintaining scale or other equipment calibration activities.
• May prepare, mark/label/tag and/or package materials or goods for receipt, storage, delivery or shipment according to location or customer requirements.• Maintains orderly, clean and safe work area as well as visual controls of assigned areas.• Generally knowledgeable and/or supports Lean Management (COS) and regulatory (e.g., ISO, FAA, ITAR, etc.) initiatives or requirements regarding shipping and receiving as applicable.• Familiar with Export AES, UPS, FEDEX • Maintains and improves inventory accuracy. Assists or conducts activities such physical counts, hand counts or other inventory validation and control measures as assigned. • Coordinates flow of work and materials based on scheduled supplier deliveries, customer orders, and other internal or external delivery requirements regarding established priorities and availability/capability of workers, parts, materials and equipment. • Ensures accurate and timely computer and physical transactions as well as verifies accuracy of paperwork regarding receiving, stocking, movement, shipping or other required material or goods activities. • Proactively coordinates and interacts with other departments to resolve discrepancies or reduce unfavorable impacts to organizational processes as needed and provides excellent service to internal and/or external customers.• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES • This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)• One (1) year of work experience, prefer shipping, receiving warehouse, stockroom or inventory control environment.• UPS / FEDEX experience crucial• Experience within an ISO controlled and/or government regulated environment desired• Excellent materials management skills as applicable including customer order fulfillment activities & shipping, packaging, receiving, inventory control and disposition, supply documentation, data and transactional management, material distribution and/or delivery, warehouse or stockroom control techniques, and critical thinking and problem-solving capability.• A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
Estimator- Architectural Millwork Company in search of an experienced Estimator to join our team.
Assembler- Architectural and Acoustical Products company in search of an assembler to assemble products according to specifications.
Previous assembly work preferred. Must be mechanically inclined. Must be reliable.
HVAC Service Technician
• Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
• Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
• Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
• Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues.
• Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
• Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
• Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is needed to correct it.
• Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
• Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
• Two years experience in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
• Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
• Well groomed, neat appearance
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Must be able to pass drug test(s) as required by company
• Lift up to 50 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
• Observe all company procedures and safety rules
• Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
• Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction