MDS Staffing is seeking candidates to fill a Fabricated Parts Scheduler position. This is a temp to perm position located about 1 hour north of downtown Minneapolis.
FT, 40+ hours week, Monday-Friday 7-4:30, Friday 8-12
Reports to: project management/master schedule
Lift requirement 50 lbs.
Our Customer boasts a multi-million-dollar Fabrication Area with 37 fabrication employees and 145 total employees. The Company manufactures Build to Order, Custom, High end, High Level Automation machinery serving the Window and Door Automated Industry as an OEM “Original Equipment Manufacturer”.
They are creating a new position with the responsibility that works closely with the Fabrication Manager and Fabrication and Welding Supervisors to ensure work flows through the fabrication department in a timely manner to meet production demands.
The ideal Candidate will possess hands on experience in Scheduling Machine print Packages for fabrication though a high paced Fabrication Environment. This position will Schedule the Daily Work Flow in and through the various Fabrication Departments on a per job basis to meet schedule. This process will consist of identifying material needs, sawing and distributing the work package to the appropriate Departments to ensure a complete Machine Fabrication Package is delivered to the Assembly Floor in a timely manner. Our Machine Shop has multiple Supervisors that oversee the actual Production side of Production. The Scheduler will be working closely with all fabrication Supervisors.
Duties to include:
Receiving a print packages from our design department and from our internal aftermarket parts sales department , Prioritizing all fabrication work per the production schedule and direction provided by Upper Management , Sorting through the machine print packages to identify materials that are in stock and ready to be cut, identifying materials that need to be ordered, Scheduling all the fabrication, monitoring parts being outsourced, monitoring to ensure adherence to the Fabrication complete due date provided by Project Management and master production schedule, Reporting up to date information to Project Management on the status of the machine package at any given time, this position will be supervising the sawing and raw materials areas of our shop to ensure the fabrication process can meet the desired deadlines.
Print reading mandatory, understanding of raw material required for manufacturing custom machines, understanding of basic machine shop process, milling, turning, welding, sheet metal fabrication, paint, outside metal finishing, zinc, chrome, oxide, plasma, etc.
Hands on knowledge of MRP or ERP , (Our system is TETO, Total Engineer To Order MRP.)
Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook programs.
CAD, CAM helpful but not mandatory.
5 years’ experience scheduling in a manufacturing environment
MDS Staffing is seeking a Senior Glass/Glazing Sales & Estimator
Company Overview Our customer is a national glass and glazing contractor, featuring the latest equipment, tools, technology, and a 100,000 square foot custom manufacturing facility. They offer their clients a wide range of products and services to meet the ever changing and evolving needs of the architectural and building community. Have a proven record in glass and glazing exterior facades, storefronts, skylights, and interiors that eases any owner’s mind and allows them to build with confidence.
Sales/Estimating Department. Their Sales/Estimating team play a dual role of estimating projects and bringing in new work. This involves identifying new leads, qualifying them and converting them into opportunities, then pursuing and closing those opportunities. The primary focus is on GC’s/CM’s, but attention is paid to all clients and customer segments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create cost proposals for customers based on comprehensive take-offs and specifications, using a variety of software. This includes quick rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates, budgets, and hard bid estimates.• Provide best value solutions to our customers.• Provide pricing of change orders and quotation revisions for projects as needed. • Provide detailed estimates to our customers in a timely manner from customer requests. • Provide consultation, coordination, and assistance to our customers, project managers, and internal personnel. • Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondences, and other project specific information.• Develop strategies to close opportunities.• Understand our competition and leverage our competitive advantages to win work.• Promote, develop, and maintain relationships with new and existing customers. • Maintain record of customers and opportunities in our CRM software.• Identify new leads, qualify opportunities, and close all pursued opportunities.• Look for opportunities for value added products and services.• Collaborate creatively with all project constituents (internal & external).• Travel as required for development of relationships and opportunities, as well as interviews to close work.
Specific Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand architectural plans and specifications and provide detailed take offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions.• Ability to estimate glass and glazing materials and labor based on local and national market conditions.• Knowledge of glass and glazing components, systems and solutions to fit project and customer requirements.• Have experience using computer estimating software. • Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phones, prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision. • Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally, excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Work well with others. • Willingness to learn. • Strong organizational and listening skills. • Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines. • Able to read and perform mathematical calculations and write measurements at a high school education level. • Analytical, problem solving, time management and technical skills.• Open, growth-oriented mindset.• Customer service (both internal and external customers) and development of external working relationships for future opportunities.• Foster a collaborative, team-based working environment.• Business acumen, and cost consciousness.• Identify and manage project risks during the estimating process.• Strong desire to perform estimating work.• Displays a positive attitude / approach to solving challenges.• Experience with estimating & CRM (customer resource management) software.• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote.• PDF editing software (Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat Pro).• Minimum 2-year degree in associated field and 7+ years commensurate job experience.
• Primary duty is estimating & bidding on projects, such as connection design, stair design and other
miscellaneous projects in structural steel
• Secondary duties include administrative contact for some key clients and assistant to team leaders
• Projects that are being bid and coordinated are a variety of large and small buildings that range across most market
sectors, building occupancies, and complexity throughout the U.S.
• Assist Company structural engineering team in an exciting, supportive, and fast-paced environment
• Work with outside clients to assure our estimates are in alignment with expectations and project requirements
• Academics: Minimum of Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree, or alternate qualified experience
• Experience: 1-4 years
• Preferred experience in construction management, estimating, steel detailing or similar role
• Familiar with structural systems, building codes & structural construction documents
• Ability and willingness to work off-hours when required
• Fluent in MS Office suite (Word & Excel primarily)
• Good communication and organizational skills and very detail oriented
• Strong social skills with a desire to collaborate and be a team player
• Good with numbers
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and commitment to a high level of service to co-workers and clients
• Willingness to learn new things
• Interest in the field of structural engineering
• Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications, including health, dental, disability,
flex-benefits, 401k, continuing education, etc.
• Ability to work with stimulating colleagues on a daily basis in an environment that is creative, challenging, and fun
Job Description: Electro-Mechanical Assembler
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent• Previous Assembly experience helpful.
Skills: • Blueprint reading/electrical schematic reading.• Familiar with inspection processes and systems controls.• Setup experience specific to department or equipment• Appropriate communication skills (Read, Write, Speak, Listen)• Process and detail orientation. Ability to discuss, deploy and document best practices to ensure quality and productivity expectations are achieved or exceeded.
Core Competencies – found in all roles within our organization
:Safety• Follows all safety policies and procedures throughout your performance of duties.• Reports all incidents in timely manner Quality• Utilizes good practice methods for continuous improvement• Adhere to ISO standards requirements.• Follows quality guidelines and procedures while performing inspections on produced parts through use of precision testing, measuring and gauging equipment Production• Sustain a solid level [Competent] or better performance by meeting productivity and efficiency standards• Utilize the ERP system applicable for your specific role• Works well independently and within a team• Support the overall goals and objectives of the organization Behavior• Maintains a good attendance record• Works well independently and within a team• Demonstrate high standards of Personal Conduct, Dependability, Versatility, Cooperation and Communication• Ability to communicate and work with employees in a variety of environments
Job Summary: This is a direct labor role within the designated department that also supports all aspects of the ESS and General Assembly Department. A fast paced, quality oriented and team focused employee is needed due to the dynamic environment of this work area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:• Utilize all tools necessary to ensure quality parts are manufactured to customer expectations.• Efficiently deploy electro-mechanical and test equipment to assemble, wire and test product utilizing sheet metal prints, electrical schematics and test procedures and equipment. • Assemble components, make wiring connections and test using provided hand tools, pneumatic tools, electrical/electronic tools and related equipment.• Accurately route, connect, fasten and secure wires per diagrams or work instructions.• Move freely to any function within the environment to maximize production flow and overall efficiency.• Work well as a positive team member in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.• Effective performance requires a deep working knowledge of jobs and workflow in your assigned department• Detail orientation, eye and hand coordination, mechanical ability, electrical/wiring ability and ability to follow specific testing and documentation procedures including product tracking and serialization.• Ability to read blueprints, wiring schematics and work instructions.• Must be able to work from job ticket, manuals or verbal instructions• Freely move to any area within the process, proactively work to maximize production in a team environment. • Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, following industry and best practices.• Notify Manager of concerns when help is needed• Use appropriate tools and equipment necessary to perform the job, including inspection equipment.• Collaborates to identify and implement ways to improve overall performance within area of responsibility using continuous improvement methods. Execute and support approved opportunities to improve efficiency, productivity, quality, safety and overall effectiveness.• Act as a positive role model.
The job description outlined above is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this job description.
Equipment ListSee specific Department job description
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Attention to detail is required to ensure quality and production levels are satisfied in a dynamic team environment.
We have recently been looking to acquire candidates with BIM modeling experience for our BIM team, the development of which is currently underway.