Project Manager-Steel and Miscellaneous Metals
The Project Manager responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversees all aspects of the projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports for management and customers regarding project status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate resources for the flawless execution of projects.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
• Preform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
• Makes and develops contacts with selected clients and strategic partners.
• Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
• Analyzes existing and anticipated client needs and promote company services to meet such requirements.
• Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
• Negotiates contracts and work agreements.
• Generates weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, tracking work as specified by manager.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience or equivalent.
• Well-developed negotiation, project and account management skills.
• Working knowledge of industry product information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Acute attention to detail
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
• Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management–Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK
• Occasionally required to walk
• Frequently required to sit
• Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Continually required to talk or hear
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
• Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to up to 50 pounds
• Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
• Occasionally work in high, precarious places
• Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
• Occasionally exposure to loud noise (examples: metal can manufacturing, large earth-moving equipment)
Project Manager. Background in construction or architecture preferred. Building envelop, glass/glazing and curtainwall/storefronts. AutoCAD proficiency preferred.
The Design Drafter develops pricing, submittals, layouts, schematics and shop details as
part of a design team in accordance with project specifications and site conditions. The position requires
knowledge of the Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Production Process along with a thorough
understanding of the manufacturing and construction processes with the ability to work on multiple tasks
concurrently. Design Drafters must possess a strong understanding of Materials, Building Codes and
some Engineering Principles.
● Thoroughly review project specifications and scope, placing emphasis on design requirements.
● As part of a Project Team, prepare pricing estimates, submittal drawings for customer approval
based upon project specifications, scope and engineering requirements.
● Coordinate with project team to determine potential value engineering opportunities for the
● Work in conjunction with the project strategy and schedule set forth by the Project Manager.
● Prepare measuring templates, acquire field dimensions and construct as-built 3D models and
layouts to ensure design feasibility and accuracy.
● With the use of Rhino, Revit and AutoCAD software, prepare accurate assembly and part
drawings to assure proper fabrication and installation of product.
● Prepare bills of materials and project routers to the Process Engineer and Production Manager.
● Assist the Project Manager with quality control measures throughout fabrication and installation
phases of the project.
● Assist the Project Manager in the completion of all specified closeout documents required by the
customer including final ‘as-built’ drawings.
● Perform project review with thorough synopsis of project and opportunities for improved
performance on future projects.
● Provide material take-offs and estimates and assist in project forecasting.
● Assist the Project Manager with change orders, project schedules and project evaluation.
● Integrate educational and professional experience to optimize project efficiencies.
● Associates degree in Mechanical Design / CAD Technology or similar is required
● 5+ years of related experience. Manufacturing and construction experience preferred.
● Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino or comparable program is required.
● Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings.
● Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; not divulge to outside parties’
information of a confidential nature pertaining to the company’s operations or bids
● Ability to carry out the duties described in the job description in an efficient manner.
Our Project Management Job description includes all activity from initial call to project completion. Work in a dynamic, high-quality and high-service environment.
5-10 years of successful commercial general contracting project management experience preferred.
Experience estimating and managing your own projects is required, with emphasis in any of the following areas:
THIS SALARIED POSITION HAS UNLIMITED INCOME POTENTIAL!!!
Send us your resume below, include your income history and a representative list of general contracted projects you have sold and managed. Please note what stage of the project development you started in at.
Diversified Construction knows true success is directly related to a happy, empowered team. That’s why we recognize and promote a healthy work/life balance by offering each of our employees these attractive benefits:
Health and Dental Insurance
Flexible benefits plan
401 (k) with employer contributions
Company sponsored events
State-of-the-art workout facility
Fully equipped kitchen
Fun and flexible work environment