The Design Drafter develops pricing, submittals, layouts, schematics and shop details as
part of a design team in accordance with project specifications and site conditions. The position requires
knowledge of the Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Production Process along with a thorough
understanding of the manufacturing and construction processes with the ability to work on multiple tasks
concurrently. Design Drafters must possess a strong understanding of Materials, Building Codes and
some Engineering Principles.
● Thoroughly review project specifications and scope, placing emphasis on design requirements.
● As part of a Project Team, prepare pricing estimates, submittal drawings for customer approval
based upon project specifications, scope and engineering requirements.
● Coordinate with project team to determine potential value engineering opportunities for the
● Work in conjunction with the project strategy and schedule set forth by the Project Manager.
● Prepare measuring templates, acquire field dimensions and construct as-built 3D models and
layouts to ensure design feasibility and accuracy.
● With the use of Rhino, Revit and AutoCAD software, prepare accurate assembly and part
drawings to assure proper fabrication and installation of product.
● Prepare bills of materials and project routers to the Process Engineer and Production Manager.
● Assist the Project Manager with quality control measures throughout fabrication and installation
phases of the project.
● Assist the Project Manager in the completion of all specified closeout documents required by the
customer including final ‘as-built’ drawings.
● Perform project review with thorough synopsis of project and opportunities for improved
performance on future projects.
● Provide material take-offs and estimates and assist in project forecasting.
● Assist the Project Manager with change orders, project schedules and project evaluation.
● Integrate educational and professional experience to optimize project efficiencies.
● Associates degree in Mechanical Design / CAD Technology or similar is required
● 5+ years of related experience. Manufacturing and construction experience preferred.
● Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino or comparable program is required.
● Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings.
● Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; not divulge to outside parties’
information of a confidential nature pertaining to the company’s operations or bids
● Ability to carry out the duties described in the job description in an efficient manner.
Our Project Management Job description includes all activity from initial call to project completion. Work in a dynamic, high-quality and high-service environment.
5-10 years of successful commercial general contracting project management experience preferred.
Experience estimating and managing your own projects is required, with emphasis in any of the following areas:
THIS SALARIED POSITION HAS UNLIMITED INCOME POTENTIAL!!!
Send us your resume below, include your income history and a representative list of general contracted projects you have sold and managed. Please note what stage of the project development you started in at.
Diversified Construction knows true success is directly related to a happy, empowered team. That’s why we recognize and promote a healthy work/life balance by offering each of our employees these attractive benefits:
Health and Dental Insurance
Flexible benefits plan
401 (k) with employer contributions
Company sponsored events
State-of-the-art workout facility
Fully equipped kitchen
Fun and flexible work environment