JO – 3658 Drafter / Designer
Title: Drafter / Designer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Definition: Exempt
Environment: Typical office environment – will be exposed to construction sites which will include a
variety of working and weather conditions. Occasional travel – 10-15% for pre-bid
meetings, site visits, etc.
Hours: Varies, but typically are 8-10 hours per day in a 5-day week, with extra time as needed
when the project requires.
Technology: Office 360, AutoCAD, REVIT, Procore, Bluebeam
Education: Two years college education in drafting and design, preferably with a minimum of 2
years in the agricultural industry. Must know & be competent with AutoCAD and
REVIT and be able to develop Process Flow Diagrams and Layout/General Arrangement
and fabrication drawings. Experience in the following is desired: Renewable,
Agricultural, and / or Industrial
Required: Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Review and comprehend specification and transpose the information and design requirements into a
Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Layout Drawings (GA) for construction and proposal.
• Work with the Project Managers and the Department Manager to portray required information on
drawings – approve equipment approval drawings through construction stages of the project – with
submittals to vendors, suppliers, and engineering firms.
• Assist in the scope of work kick off meeting on awarded project to ensure understanding of the scope of
work by all parties, research and suggest layouts to maximize all aspects of the specifications and
efficiency for the facility.
• Review and approve all manufacturers drawings and structural engineered drawings to confirm they fit
within the constraints of the project.
• Review and reline all work prior to having the Engineering Manager review.
• Maintain the library of drafting / drawing standards for McC
• Organize all electronic drawings during the project in accordance with McC & project standards and
• Follow all proper drafting standards and procedures regarding line weight, spelling, sheet layout and
arrangement, scale detail, etc.
• Additional duties as assigned