JO – 3670 Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager (Custom Fabricator)
Job Description: Summary:
Plans and coordinates a quality management system to ensure customer satisfaction through
continuous improvement by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures to ensure product quality.
2. Cooperates with members of management in supporting company objectives and goals.
3. Conducts management review meetings and reviews all NCR’s, customer returns, corrective
action, preventive actions, scrap and rework.
4. Works with vendors to insure quality of all purchased parts.
5. Directs QA personnel engaged in all aspects of QA department responsibilities.
6. Coordinates all ISO activities, including internal audits, management reviews, documentation,
corrective action, risk management and reviews the overall effectiveness of the quality management
7. Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine process capabilities.
8. Investigates and evaluates customer complaints regarding quality.
9. Coordinates customer source inspections and is responsible for all required documentation.
10. NCR follow up and disposition.
11. Performs gauge Calibrations
12. CPK studies on critical dimensions
Required Skills: Qualifications
1. Minimum of 8 years of managerial experience in quality assurance.
2. Hands on knowledge of QA methodologies, terminology and tools.
3. Strong computer skills.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. The ability to effectively engage employees.
6. ISO 9001 2015 Lead Auditor certification.
7. Risk Management experience.
8. Inspection Tools (caliper, protractors, etc).
Preferred Skills: Preferred skills or experience
1. Lean/5S-6S Continuous improvement processes
2. Working knowledge of PPAP (Production part approval process) PFMEA (Process Failure Mode
and Effects Analysis), control plans and process flow mapping.
3. AWS CWI (Certified Weld Inspector) certification.
4. NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers) certification.
5. Six Sigma certification.