JO – 3694 Construction Coordinator, Specialist II
Seeking Construction Coordinator, Specialist II
To supervise and effectively manage all work associated with coaxial and fiber construction activities in the area of operations. This work will encompass residential, commercial, enterprise, maintenance, and forced relocation construction activities. This person works directly with contract construction companies and their personnel to perform all aspects of the construction work.
• Knowledgeable in general HFC network construction design, practices, and able to provide direction to construction contractors and in-house construction personnel on work to be performed.
• Performs field engineering of construction projects and forced relocates.
• Performs walk outs of apartment complexes and MDUs.
• Able to read and understand system prints and understand the operation of HFC networks.
• Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with all internal and external customers.
• Performs strand mapping using CAD for new build areas.
• Participates in construction meetings with developers, county, municipal, and state personnel.
• Develops familiarity with preventative maintenance, i.e. sweeping, balancing, signal leakage detection and monitoring, voltage measurement, and stand-by power testing.
• Produce reports as required on the construction activities in the area of operations.
• Performs quality control inspections of construction on a regular basis to assure quality and recommends corrective action and additional training as needed.
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree or above preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in the telecommunications industry required; 1–3 years of experience in construction of telecommunications preferred.
• Competency in reading and understanding HFC network maps.
• Knowledge of all construction tools and equipment including bucket trucks, lasher, blocks, pulling grips, stand/cable trailers, cable layers, hoists, bolt cutters, lay-up sticks and hand lines.
• Ability to carry 75 pounds with no accommodations (minimum).
• Function in various weather conditions within safety constraints.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.