JO – 3766 Metrology Technician
This role will be calibrating transducers in the physical disciplines of force, torque, and pressure, using calibrations standards as a reference comparison.
To provide support in the field of Metrology. To direct the Metrology effort so as to provide measurement traceability of all test and measuring equipment used by the company.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Diagnoses and/or repairs many of the problems found in calibration of instrumentation.
2. Initiates the acquisition of parts and/or equipment within the Department.
3. Initiates and revises calibration procedures as needed.
4. Assists other departments in solving their test equipment problems, whether the concern is measurement techniques, instrument operation, or instrument deficiency.
5. Aids in training other technicians.
6. Performs calibration on test instruments following procedures with little supervision.
7. Deals effectively with in-house and field service personnel.
8. Accurately documents work.
9. Maintains good housekeeping methods to facilitate orderly and efficient testing and to minimize safety hazards.
10. Performs all position responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner and in order of established priorities.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Two year technology vocational education
Ability to comprehend and apply oral and written instructions.