JO – 3817 Architectural Drafter
Seeking an Architectural Drafter with AutoCAD experience drafting.
Someone with Curtain Wall and Revit experience a big plus.Architectural Drafter-Seeking an Architectural Drafter with AutoCAD experience drafting. Someone with Curtain Wall and Revit experience a big plus.
Position Title: Architectural Drafter Reports To: Drafting Supervisor Department: Drafting
FLSA:Exempt1. Attend Project Start-up Meetings.a. Review contract documents and order entry documents prior to meeting.b. Present any discrepancies or requirements for clarification.c. Confirm project requirements.d. Confirm design intent with sales.
2. Submittalsa. Obtain required contract drawings and trade shop drawings for coordination.b. Advise Project Management of any verification or coordination issues.c. Shop drawing submittal, revisions and resubmittals.d. Review engineering calculations for design requirements.e. Field verification shop drawing submittal and coordination.f. Field use and record set shop drawing submittal.
3. Material Takeoffa. Consult with purchasing on takeoff requirements.b. Advise Project Management in writing of any unusual material requirements or discrepancies, i.e. 60” wide material, overages in panel count or material square footage, extrusions, custom core thicknesses.
4. Fabrication release packagea. Create cover sheets and a panel list for every release.B. Prefabricate material and accessories list.C. Create panel fabrication drawings.D. Create Trim/flashing fabrication drawings.E. Export DXF drawings and/or NC files as required.
5. Archivea. Store project documents, shop drawings and fabrication drawings electronically.B. Store contract drawings, paper documents, in archive storage area.• Create detailed shop and fabrication drawings for architectural wall panel systems using AutoCAD 1• Create plans, sections, elevations and details for on-site installation.Position Requirements and Duties:
• Architectural drafting degree and 2+ years in the field; 4+ years in the field if no degree.• Experience in exterior walls or exterior envelope products highly preferred.• Ability to see the connections between architectural vision, product detail and fabrication processes a must.• Create detailed shop and fabrication drawings for architectural wall panel systems using AutoCAD • Create plans, sections, elevations and details for on-site installation