JO – 3895 Project Manager
Project Manager-Steel and Miscellaneous Metals
The Project Manager responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversees all aspects of the projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports for management and customers regarding project status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate resources for the flawless execution of projects.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
• Preform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
• Makes and develops contacts with selected clients and strategic partners.
• Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
• Analyzes existing and anticipated client needs and promote company services to meet such requirements.
• Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
• Negotiates contracts and work agreements.
• Generates weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, tracking work as specified by manager.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience or equivalent.
• Well-developed negotiation, project and account management skills.
• Working knowledge of industry product information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Acute attention to detail
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
• Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management–Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK
• Occasionally required to walk
• Frequently required to sit
• Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Continually required to talk or hear
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
• Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to up to 50 pounds
• Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
• Occasionally work in high, precarious places
• Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
• Occasionally exposure to loud noise (examples: metal can manufacturing, large earth-moving equipment)