JO – 3993 HVAC Service Technician
HVAC Service Technician
• Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
• Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
• Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
• Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues.
• Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
• Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
• Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is needed to correct it.
• Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
• Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
• Two years experience in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
• Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
• Well groomed, neat appearance
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Must be able to pass drug test(s) as required by company
• Lift up to 50 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
• Observe all company procedures and safety rules
• Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
• Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction