JO – 4019 Project Design/Mechanical Engineer
Project Design/Mechanical Engineer
• Reviews project specifications, plans, and requirements to assist sales in the preparation of quotations
conveying price, delivery and technical information to customers.
• Ensure that processes, construction, installation, and operational requirements meet specifications, codes,
and end-user expectations.
• Design equipment from the ground up utilizing 3D modeling software to meet customer’s requirements
while adhering to latest codes and standards.
• Maintain working knowledge of States MFG. laser, turret, press brakes, etc. and associated machine
programming software to aide in product improvement.
• Travel (occasionally overnight and off-hours) as required to support field measurements and maintenance
of equipment (approximately 5% of the time).
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with shop employees to promote feedback to drive
• Projects a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors and
• Stays current with product updates and code changes.
• Make recommendations to management on manufacturing processes to promote lean manufacturing.
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years’ experience or Electrical System Design expert with 5+ years’
• Experience with CAD (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) software is required.
• Understanding of 3-phase power systems is preferred.
• Understanding of low voltage and/or medium voltage electrical equipment is preferred.
• Experience in sheet metal manufacturing and electrical equipment design.
• Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish daily tasks.
• Superior problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently making sound design/engineering decisions for weeks at a
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
This position requires the ability to sit, and bend or stand for extended periods of time.
Performance of duties will mostly be in the office.
Initial 3‐6 months of this position will require working in a shop setting fabricating and assembling equipment.
During this time, you must be able to sit, kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl. Also will require the ability to
move and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds