JO – 4055 Purchasing Manager
We are currently accepting resumes for an Purchasing Manager. This company is located in Vadnais Heights and specializes in automated equipment, prototype fixtures and tooling for the medical, aerospace, web handling and water filtration industries.
Purchasing Manager Job Description:
Purchasing Manager is in charge of supervising the process of sourcing and purchasing essential materials for operations. Their duties include researching raw material suppliers, outside service vendors, and comparing costs, negotiating purchase agreements and developing inventory controls to identify demand for new materials. Purchasing Manager is also responsible for evaluating suppliers and negotiating contracts to achieve the lowest price for high-quality goods.
Purchasing Manager duties and responsibilities:
• Planning and overseeing the work of 2 Purchasing Agents
• Hiring and training new Purchasing team members
• Buying goods and services for the company
• Discussing contracts
• Evaluating quality, price, reliability, technical support and availability of goods and services
• Oversee and obtain quotes for raw materials, purchase components, and outside vendors
• Manage the shipping & receiving and deliver staff of 2
• Assist in planning the daily route when needed
• Participate in production and other meetings, informing team on job status and status of PO’s
• Work with Shop Manager to develop lead times on quotes
• Coordinate Shipping and create bills of lading