JO 4070 Fire Protection: Designer
Fire Protection: Designer
Reports To: Owner
Position Purpose: To provide fire sprinkler design leadership on assigned projects.
1. Responsible for sprinkler system designs that provide high quality and low cost systems
under the supervision of a Lead Designer.
2. Responsible for coordination with project coordinator, superintendent/fitter, & customer.
3. Responsible for purchasing the materials to complete the project with Lead Designer
4. Responsible for maintaining project design records, project changes, and project pricing
5. Responsible for all design communications as it relates to the project and the field install.
1. Frontier Fire installation fitter(s).
2. General Contractor/Property Owner
1. 2 year degree in design
2. Autocad software proficiency
3. Construction plan/print reading familiarity
4. Excel & Word familiarity.
5. 2 years as Apprentice Designer or equivalent.
6. Sprinkler design code requirements
7. Sprinkler system calcs
8. Proficient oral and written communication skills
9. Self-time management & prioritization within a project.
1. Provide detailed drawings of fire protection systems.
2. Retain records on each project assigned.
3. Obtain hydraulic calculations as needed