JO – 4076 Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager with Industry Technical Expertise. The ideal candidate would have experience in project management, project planning, and customer service. Extensive knowledge of the electrical power distribution industry is preferred. Ability to work in a team environment providing coordination and support from the sales order entry to shipment of completed products. This is a full-time position. Typical working hours will be Monday – Friday with hours ranging from 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Overtime will be available and/or mandatory at management’s discretion.
This is a full-time position. Typical working hours will be Monday – Friday with hours ranging from 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Overtime will be available and/or mandatory at management’s discretion.
Specific Duties Include:
- Proactively works with States sales, engineering, and production teams to meet customer needs and resolve issues.
- Actively participates in coordinating, analyzing, and acting upon inputs from sales to schedule projects and internal company resources.
- Creates jobs and coordinates ERP system data, entering and organizing applicable sales documents and specifications.
- Creates and manages project documents, schedules, submittals, and manuals utilizing engineering inputs and managed documents.
- Manages and documents the purchasing and delivery of project materials while communicating lead times and delivery updates to engineering and production.
- Provide excellent customer service with timely follow-ups and response to inquiries.
- Actively participates in coordinating, analyzing and acting upon information and feedback of customer needs or requests.
- Provide support for maintaining and tracking catalog items, part numbers, software, tools and applications utilized by States, both for internal and external use.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a production and/or engineering environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Electrical Power Distribution Equipment preferred.
- Experience with an ERP system, Epicor experience highly recommended.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to pass background and drug test prior to employment.
- Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish daily tasks.
- Superior problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently making sound design decisions for multiple weeks at a time.