Engineering and Manufacturing
We are looking for both a PM / Programmer and Design. Sometimes a candidate has all the still sets we are looking for.
Controls Engineer / Project Manager
Electrical Controls Engineer
In Control, Inc a Systems Integrator in the industrial and municipal markets is looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer. This is an immediate full-time direct hire position with full benefits and competitive salary. Experience in any or all of the areas below a definite plus:
1) Electrical control panel design using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical.
2) Experience with process instrumentation: temperature, flow, pressure transmitters, etc.
3) Experience with motor control center design and implementation.
4) PLC programming of Rockwell, Group Schneider, GE, or Siemens processors.
5) SCADA programming of Rockwell, Wonderware, or GE products.
6) Visual Studio programming.
7) Start up and commissioning of custom control systems.
8) Project Management
The successful applicant will be involved in the design, programming, check out, and start up phases of control system projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Meet with buyers to help design their dream home
Prepare and review detailed drawings of architectural construction documents utilizing knowledge of building materials, architectural and engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings
Apply company design guidelines and standards with respect to architecture, structure, mechanical and other building systems
Produce custom changes for lot specific drawing sets for single-family homes form existing master drawing to comply with buyer request, selected options, and community specifications
Provide additional relevant architectural documentation required for permit applications and construction starts
Provide assistance in the development of new mast drawing database construction documents
Make revisions to existing construction drawings to comply with required code changes, specifications, structural requirements and design enhancements
Consult with the sales and construction teams for custom plan clarification and field required revisions
Coordinate the creation if engineering plan sets with outside consultants
Prepare and document weekly work schedule – individual and consultants
Review marketing collateral for accuracy and completeness versus architectural plans
Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required
Electric Controls Designer
POSITION REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
POSITIONS MANAGED: None
Design, revise and troubleshoot machine electric systems. Answer customer service calls & aid service techs in the field as needed.
• AutoCAD Electrical 2015-2018
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat.
• Working Knowledge of Allen-Bradley machine products –
o PLCs – CompactLogix, Point I/O, and MicroLogix,
o Variable Frequency Drives
o Power Distribution & Fusing
o Servo Motors and Kinetix Drives
o Safety Relays and Contactors
o Switches, Push Buttons, Potentiometers
o Connectivity Products
o Basic Electric Components – Photo Eyes, Proximity Switches, Transformers, Capacitors, Fuses, etc.
• Create and revise electric and pneumatic schematics using AutoCAD Electrical
• Create and revise electric and pneumatic panel layouts using AutoCAD Electrical
• Create Electric Bill of Materials with MS Excel and/or AutoCAD Electrical
• Create labeling media using peripheral software and hardware.
o Phoenix, Panduit, Allen-Bradley
• Ability to upload files and parameters to various components with guidance
• Able to troubleshoot machine electric circuits.
• Research new and existing electric components.
• Assemble Electric and Pneumatic Panels, machine wiring and pneumatic plumbing, as needed.
• Working knowledge of PLC Programming – RSLogix 5000
• Working knowledge of HMI Programming – FactoryTalk View
• Ability to travel 10-20% for service & installs
• Help gather necessary information to contribute to machine design.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: 2-year degree in electric design but not required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5-8 years relevant experience
SKILLS ABILITIES: Organization skills, Self motivated, Good communication skills, Creative, Problem solver, Team pl
MDS is seeking a Control Systems Hardware Engineer to work in our Industrial Controls group
Primary duties associated with this position will involve electrical schematic development using AutoCAD electrical, UL 508A hardware design, proper BOM selection, strong understanding and interpretation of electrical schematics and AutoCAD electrical toolset development. The preferred candidate for this position will have the desire and ability to take AutoCAD electrical beyond the standard “out of the box” functionality to develop tools and systems that enhance our engineering and production efficiency.
Additional duties related to this job posting consist of the following:
• Develop project schematics using AutoCAD Electrical
• Develop AutoCAD Electrical systems to enhance CAD efficiency and accuracy
• Lead project workflow for hardware engineering and design
• Assist with estimating efforts as they may pertain to engineered solutions
• Panel hardware order placement and PO generation
• Panel design coordination between engineering, CAD and Shop.
• Assist with hardware testing of control panels to prepare the panels for final software checkout as necessary
• Required: High School Diploma
• Desired: AAS degree or previous/equivalent job related experience in the hardware design/UL 508A panel assembly process.
• Strong experience with AutoCAD Electrical utilizing automatic report generation, automatic wire numbering/component tagging, circuit builder, PLC I/O utility
• Previous experience in a related role regarding hardware in electrical systems is required including design and/or hardware Engineering
• Strong experience in at least four of the categories above is required
• Familiarity with a variety of hardware platforms; Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Schneider and miscellaneous control panel common components is required
• Possess strong internal & external communication skills with a solid working knowledge of all Microsoft® Office Suite programs
• A successful candidate will have greater than 4 years of proven experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide sufficiently to perform standard mathematical calculations
• Ability to foresee events and anticipate changes in conditions and operations to the greatest extent possible and reacts to these appropriately
• Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
POSITION TITLE: DESIGNER-DOCUMENT SPECIALIST
POSITION REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Designing of Industry structures and displays, coordination with engineers, document management of
Engineering designs, technical assistance to Marketing, Sales, and Customers. This requires a broad
knowledge of all Company products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Develop models, images, and drawings proficiently with the current version of Company CAD
b. Autodesk Inventor, including Vault document management system
2. Execute proficiently with current company software and tools for job efficiency:
a. Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
b. SAGE100 ERP system
3. Assist with the programs to develop new structures and displays for the Company.
4. Create and maintain detail, layout, assembly, and shop drawings of all company products and
5. Contribute to the product development presentations to upper management, Marketing, and
6. Contribute to the design and code submittal responsibilities with CAD activities as appropriate.
7. Conduct design, modeling, and drafting activities related to the design development.
8. Participate in erecting prototype designs, when directed.
9. Coordinate with Project Design Coordinator in planning, reviewing, and correcting all technical
10. Process Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) approved by the Engineering manager.
11. Create and maintain 2D and 3D component and product graphic renderings for the use in
manuals, brochures, catalogs, and the company website.
12. Responsible for complete installation manual.
13. Develop and monitor Bills of Materials within quotation templates.
180417 Job Description – Designer-Document Specialist
14. Provide Sales support through product and system layouts and construction drawings.
15. Other duties related to the above requiring action and as directed from the Engineering
1. Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish responsibilities.
2. Professional and courteous telephone, written, and in-person communication with persons
inside and outside the organization.
3. Conduct constructive and cooperative working relationships and maintain them over time.
4. Interpret the meaning of information from others and translate into useful communication.
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products especially spreadsheet applications.
2. Capable of generating objects and drawings using Inventor and AutoCAD.
3. Revit software proficiency desired, but not essential.
4. Familiarity reading project management Gantt charts.
5. Capability to generate and maintain Bills of Materials for components and systems.
6. Active listener taking time to understand points being made and asking appropriate questions.
7. Clear verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
8. Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
9. Capability to determine cause of a documentation issue and what to do to overcome it.
10. Visualization skills to imagine how something will look after it is moved or when its parts are
moved or rearranged.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Graduate with a minimum of a two-year Associate degree in Drafting or Mechanical Design.
2. Three years of experience in mechanical or building design, including structures such as green
houses and canopies.
3. Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications.
4. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and
spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar, and the ability to communicate with all
levels of the client and industry workforce.