Engineering and Manufacturing
Mechanical Engineer (Position is located in Fargo, ND)
This individual plays a key role in the successful execution of projects. Reporting to the Director, Commercial, this individual will provide technical and engineering excellence, as well as successful delivery of work to our customers. The successful candidate will also contribute to a dynamic team environment by being proactive, communicating clearly to all stakeholders, and modeling a highly collaborative working environment. This person will also actively support the business development process, through the writing of proposals and meeting with prospective and current customers.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess include:
•Effective meeting management skills.
•Strong attention to detail.
•Adaptable and agile, responsive to quick changes in direction.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
•Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure application of Thermodynamic Principles (e.g., HVAC Engineering and Design, load/energy modeling calculations, etc.).
•Basic understanding of Architectural, Electrical, Civil and Structural Engineering construction practices.
•Develops estimates for assigned scope of work, and is accountable for ensuring we stay within scope.
•Assures that assigned work complies with KFI’s quality requirements.
•May serve as project manager for complete projects, when assigned.
•Supports the business development process through input to proposals, meeting and presenting to prospective customers, etc.
•Provides work direction to other team members, including subcontractors, as assigned.
•Approves final equipment selections and drawing submittals.
•Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines.
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Professional Engineering Registration are required. LEED Certification, while not a requirement, would be beneficial to have a Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Professional Engineering Registration are required. LEED Certification, while not a requirement, would be beneficial.
Seeking a Welder to provide welding and fabrication. Applicant should have a 2 yr tech degree in welding, fluid power or machining (or equivalent exp); min 3 years welding experience. Applicant should also have exp working with hand and shop tools, reading and applying assembly drawings, high degree of math and problem solving skills, able to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Applicant must also have excl interpersonal skills, be PC proficient, able to problem solve, manage multiple priorities, & communicate via the computer & telephone. This work will be performed in a clean, climate controlled environment.
looking to add another Drafter. Mechanical, Structural, Conveying Systems, AutoCAD.
Start on contract. The more experienced the better. They are located in Big Lake.
Field Service Technician / Engineer (Electrical Distribution)
This Field Service/Engineering position will provide guidance in pre-sale design as well as field based problem diagnostics, resolution and installation when required. Candidates must have expertise across multiple technologies and will have a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a broad range of internal and external team members.
• Electrical Field Service technicians specialize in various types of power distribution systems, including commercial and industrial machines, transportation systems and power transmission systems for and collaboratively with energy utility companies. You must be knowledgeable and comfortable in troubleshooting systems and have the ability to design the best solution for the customer.
• Work independently at times and always predictably reliable.
• From time to time, you may be required to work from eight to ten hours per day, five days per week, occasional weekends and some Holidays. Some days will contain early or late site visits (less than 15%).
• Most work will be local and within a 100 mile radius, but not all.
• In most cases you will be working hand in hand with a customer and/or contractor. Must be able to define scope and communicate company verses customer/contractor’s responsibilities in a clear and respectful manner.
• Must be able and willing to measure, document and photograph proposed or existing site locations, provide accurate measurements and convey these required concepts to other disciplines and departments.
• Strong knowledge and background in custom electrical distribution equipment such as low and medium voltage switchgear and have experience with electricity, power outages and safety standards.
• Ability to translate that knowledge into effective designs and capacity improvements in projects.
• Ability to install designed products, bus, electrical distribution requirements on site to meet or exceed the customers’ expectations.
• Ability and desire to accommodate the customer’s schedule with power shut-down situations, when and where needed.
• 3-5 years of experience in a variety of manufacturing and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations required.
• Experience working with external technical, electrical service suppliers and construction companies required.
• 5-10 years’ experience working as electrical distribution equipment Field Service Tech preferred.
Electrical Engineer / Designer
The engineer/designer is responsible for working cross-functionally with Sales, Purchasing and Production to drive results in scheduling (on-time delivery), product design, and new product development.
Qualified Electrical Engineer/Designer must have:
• Knowledge of electrical distribution systems from 480V to 15kV;
• Electrical systems design capability;
• Ability to bridge programming and electrical worlds;
• Mechanical design;
• Strong organization skills, with excellent follow through;
• Strong communication skills;
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills;
• Ability to specify parts required for projects based on functionality, availability and cost effectiveness.
Electrical Engineer/Design preferred qualifications:
• PLC knowledge/programming ability;
• Proficiency in the GE RX3i platform, PLCs; GE Quick Panel HMIs
• 1-3 years of AutoCAD and/or Inventor experience
• 1-3 years of custom manufacturing experience, producing innovative products
• Working knowledge of NEC code requirements and third party listings such as UL Laboratories.
• High School diploma required, with some post secondary education preferred
• At least 3 years of controls design and/or field service experience required