Management and Administration
Installation Engineer/Supervisor ($90-115k)
Under general direction, the Installation Supervisor is responsible to provide technical support for customers and their contractors to assist in erecting, installing, and the mechanical operation of new equipment in the field. In addition, the Installation Supervisor supports and assists QC and Field Service with inspecting fabricated equipment in the shop and in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist contractors in the erection and installation of new process equipment, provide technical assistance and training to customers for mechanical operation of process equipment. Prepare written field inspection reports and punch lists.
• Perform fabricated equipment inspections in support of the global quality control program – coordinate with Global Quality Assurance Director, Regional Quality Specialist, Project Management, and Field Service to schedule fabrication inspection; address issues & concerns; prepare written fabricator inspection reports.
• Work with Global Quality Assurance Director, Regional Quality Specialist to assist with assuring fabricators meet quality, drawing, and code requirements to generate product consistency among suppliers – ensuring standardized results globally.
• Coordinate with purchasing/receiving department to evaluate locally fabricated equipment and parts. Address issues and concerns; prepare written supplier inspection reports.
• Liaison between fabricators and crown design and project engineering functions, to assist in interpreting design and fabrication information and to ensure that crown fabrication drawing information is accurate, and fabrication techniques are consistent.
• Monitor fabrication schedule and facilitate progress updates between fabricators and internal project management.
• Observe all company & OSHA safety rules, follow fabricators’ and customers’ safety programs when on site.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
• Associate degree or equivalent to a two-year College or technical school.
• 5 plus year’s mechanical experience in equipment fabrication, installation and/or checkout and startup.
• Proficient in the following skills:
o Millwright work
o Welding, inspection
o Field repair.
• Ability to interpret equipment drawings and schematics is an essential skill.
• High integrity and ethics.
• Must be able to communicate in English fluently. Ability to communicate in a second language – European or Asian languages preferred but not required.
• Preferred knowledge in AutoCad.
• Knowledge of computers and applications, such as Microsoft Office.
• Approximately 50% of time spent in the office environment; approximately 50% spent in the plant environment.
• Office environment conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Plant and fabrication environment conditions include some exposure to chemicals, hazardous materials, and noise, potential work at heights, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather conditions.
As the Workholding Application Specialist, you will guide our customers to select the right workholding solution to successfully produce precision machined parts in their 3, 4, and 5-axis, VMC, and HMC equipment. You will be the workholding and machining expert our customers rely maximize their spindle time.
Job Duties: • Advise customers on the best work holding product to use to accomplish their machining goals• Collaborate with our customers to understand their machining applications• Recommend work holding product solutions to ensure our customer success• Create engineering concept CAD drawings and solid models to demonstrate the solutions• Prepare formal quotations using our business systems• Collaborate with our external Sales team to help them win the sale.
Qualifications:• Practical experience of work holding and clamping best practices during machining• A thorough understanding of multi-axis machining, including machine set-up and programming• Familiarity with common industry brands such as Schunk, Lang, Jergens, 5thAxis, Kurt, etc.• Strong spatial aptitude, and skill at visualizing in two and three dimensions• Competence with the math associated with force, tolerances, and inch/metric conversions.• High school diploma or equivalent• Minimum 4 years of CNC multi-axis, VMC, or HMC machining experience • Skill in 3D CAD, such as SolidWorks, AutoCad, or similar• Competence with email, and MS Word etc.• Proficiency in oral and written English