This full-time position includes the following duties:
1. Manage multiple projects to ensure on-time completion while meeting customer and management needs
2. Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposal and other documents to facilitate fabrication of projects
3. Review data to determine material and labor requirements for projects
4. Obtain bids and place orders with material, paint/finish vendors and other subcontractors
5. Coordinate scheduling with Plant Manager
6. Interact with customers to discuss project status and change orders
7. Help value-engineer projects and troubleshoot problems through industry experience
8. Other duties as assigned
1. Previous project management experience in sheet metal, glass and glazing, or commercial construction
2. Experience reading and interpreting blueprints
3. AutoCAD experience is helpful but not required
4. Self starter able to work at a fast pace and manage his/her time effectively
5. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
6. Attention to detail and ability to comprehend technical concepts
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel
9. Pass pre-hiring background check and drug test
For consideration for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Simple IRA Plan
Long Term Disability Insurance
Optional Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
Project Manager (Automation / Machinery)
Seeking a Project Manager to be the primary customer interface during all project phases of design, supply, production, factory testing, delivery, install, and customer site acceptance testing. Individual will be responsible for project leadership on build to print and custom automation design and build projects. Project manager will:
– Provide leadership to drive project related decisions (technical & non-technical)
– Develop detailed project plans and specification documents
– Identify resources by discipline required for successful project milestone deliveries.
– Work with organization management on early identification and labor durations of project resources
– Plan and lead all internal and customer project design reviews throughout project execution
– Execute project plans which are designed to exceed financial targets
– Manage quality, schedule, cost, and customer satisfaction
– Manage contract compliance as it relates to “as sold” scope, allowable deviations, scope changes requiring purchase order adders, timely release of invoicing, and payment receivables
Ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity simultaneously, proven leadership, planning and organizational skills, and strong technical background in automation design. Candidate must demonstrate proven “systems” approach to project management and the drive to consistently deliver on commitments.
Qualified candidate will have a BS or MS in Engineering or Technical discipline and 8-10 years of relevant experience. Significant team leadership experience, preferably in a project environment, is desired. Candidate must be authorized for permanent work for any employer in the United States without the need for sponsorship.
Senior Project Manager (Position is located in Iowa City, IA)
This individual plays a key role in the successful management of projects and development of staff. Reporting to the Director, Industry and Infrastructure, this individual will provide technical and engineering leadership, as well as act as the “face of KFI” in Iowa. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and managed – both externally and internally. The successful candidate will also create a dynamic team environment by mentoring and coaching colleagues, and fostering a highly collaborative working environment. This person will also actively support the business development process, through the writing of proposals and meeting with prospective and current customers, thereby clearly articulating KFI’s value proposition and unique differentiators.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
•Oversees projects in the department to assure that KFI quality, customer satisfaction and financial objectives are met.
•Actively manages assigned projects, driving them to completion. This will require a combination of strong delegation and follow-up, combined with personal execution of work as needed. Project teams will typically be staffed by people in different KFI offices.
•Allocates department resources to assure effective utilization and development of staff.
•Ensures that new opportunities are properly defined, scoped and priced. Actively contributes to all aspects of the business development process (i.e., proposals and customer meetings).
•Ensures the development and coaching of the talent needed to meet current and future organization goals.
•Supervises staff, provides overall direction, and facilitates goal-setting and performance reviews. Conducts weekly one-on-one meetings with staff.
•Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines.
•Reviews invoices, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of billing activity. Serve as the Iowa office manager, ensuring its smooth operation while at the same time driving its growth.
The successful candidate will have a pragmatic and applied approach, while at the same time fostering a creative examination of customer needs and solutions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated a strong proficiency in process and utilities design. This person will have strong interpersonal skills to enable effective development and leadership of Designers, Engineers and Project Managers. This person will also possess superior project management skills and knowledge of related tools and processes. The person will possess strong communication skills, and influencing skills, and has demonstrated the maturity and self-confidence to work with senior business leaders and customers. The level of seasoning we are looking for likely comes with a minimum of 10 years of experience following graduation.
The successful candidate will be naturally collaborative, and possess the ability to assimilate a range of ideas, programs or alternatives into a set of recommendations. This person will be self-directed, but thrive in an environment where consultation leads to superior outcomes.
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is required. Professional Engineering Registration (P.E.) is also highly desirable.
Looking for a skilled and senior level Project Manager. The job involves quoting, entering projects/work instructions of orders into our MRP system, client contact, coordinating with our plant for scheduling. Most likely need to be great with Excel, woodworking knowledge, etc.
This position is one of my 3-4 senior positions at BTD with potential to advance in several years.
We are seeking a candidate to for a project manager position with a steel fabrication that is located in Southern Minnesota. Will be responsible for managing 20 – 30 projects at a time from the time an order is placed to closeout. Ideal person will have with experience with Fabtrol and has previous project management experience.