Paint and Color Manager-
High Performance Architectural Metal Finishing company in search of an Paint and Color manager.
Manages a variety of aspects of the finishing process including color development, paint preparation, pretreat system, paint booths, paint equipment, ovens and conveyor line. Prepares and manages formulas for use during production. Manages inventory of color bases and tints. Assist production with quality control procedures and maintenance activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Operations: Direct, train and assist with the operation of paint booths, paint equipment, bake oven, pretreat system and conveyor line.
Coordinates with Operations Management in evaluating quality coming from the finishing process and identifying root cause..
Coordinates with Operations Management to develop and schedule appropriate preventative maintenance.
Prepare and manage standard operating procedures and work instructions pertaining to the finishing process and maintenance
Assist and train with management of safety and environmental compliance activities.
Maintains records and database in regards to material usage and compliance activities.
Color Matching: Uses color matching software and understanding of color theory to match colors in accordance with customer specifications and customer provided color sample. Colors shall be matched in a timely manner.
Creates paint formulas and maintains database where formulas are stored and can be cross referenced for previous matches. Loads formulas into equipment used for bulking up paint.
Sprays color samples for customer approval.
Prepares formulas (bill of materials) for use during production, calculates batch sizes on a job by job basis.
Inventory and Supplier Management: Manages inventory of color bases and purchases paints from approved vendors.
Works with suppliers regularly as it pertains to quality and maintenance of finishing process equipment
Quality Control: Assists production with troubleshooting quality or maintenance issues.
Works with Operations Management to ensure equipment maintenance procedures are followed.
Clean and maintain equipment after use.
Communication: Must possess strong interpersonal skills, oral communication, and written communication, to inspire collaboration and cooperation with fellow employees.
Attitude, environment and culture: An employee is expected to be on the job every day they are scheduled to work. By approaching the job with a positive attitude will reflect on the environment you work in and the culture your company identifies itself by. Focusing on the job will benefit you and the company. Employees must strive to continuously self-improve and learn new skills and gain knowledge in order to add more value.
Equipment: Ability to accurately and efficiently use precision equipment under little or no supervision.
Process: Must have strong attention to detail to produce accurate and orderly product standards.
Productivity: Must possess the ability to work alone in a fast paced environment and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
Problem solving application: Every employee is expected to anticipate and practice problem solving during the process of their job. Using practical application skills, creativity and innovation will result in an employee working smarter and not harder and more productive in order to accomplish their objective.
Training and Quality: Each employee will be trained in the Verta procedures and processes. It is critical that an employee balance job efficiency, with meeting quality expectations and costs.
Team player: Be a team player. Keep an open mind, work together with your peers and develop synergies in order to be more productive. Ask questions, learn more about other team players in order to work smarter and accomplish more.
Safety: Employees must follow and practice job safety. Appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) must be worn as it applies to the operation you are doing. Always report injuries to your supervisor and make out the appropriate paperwork. All employees will receive the OSHA compliance training requirements and are expected to practice and reinforce safe work practices with other team members.
Education and /or Experience: Degree or certificate inclusive of coursework involving painting, finishing, auto body repair, etc. Or equal experienced in a painting / finishing field using liquid paint, spray equipment and paint booths. Previous experience in automotive, architectural or industrial painting preferred. Working knowledge of paint make up and color is preferred. Experience and/or certificates illustrating knowledge of Lean principles is preferred. Must have strong mechanical aptitude and critical thinking skills.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Flexible Work Arrangements: Flexible work arrangements are based on the needs of the business and available and considered on a case by case basis in direct alignment with the flexible work arrangement policy. This position is not available for a flexible work arrangement.
Project Manager-Steel and Miscellaneous Metals
The Project Manager responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversees all aspects of the projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports for management and customers regarding project status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate resources for the flawless execution of projects.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
• Preform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
• Makes and develops contacts with selected clients and strategic partners.
• Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
• Analyzes existing and anticipated client needs and promote company services to meet such requirements.
• Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
• Negotiates contracts and work agreements.
• Generates weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, tracking work as specified by manager.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience or equivalent.
• Well-developed negotiation, project and account management skills.
• Working knowledge of industry product information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Acute attention to detail
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
• Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management–Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK
• Occasionally required to walk
• Frequently required to sit
• Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Continually required to talk or hear
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
• Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to up to 50 pounds
• Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
• Occasionally work in high, precarious places
• Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
• Occasionally exposure to loud noise (examples: metal can manufacturing, large earth-moving equipment)
Project Manager. Background in construction or architecture preferred. Building envelop, glass/glazing and curtainwall/storefronts. AutoCAD proficiency preferred.
12-8-20 Design Drafters are ultimately responsible for the design and pricing of products according to project requirements.
The Design Drafter develops pricing, submittals, layouts, schematics and shop details as
part of a design team in accordance with project specifications and site conditions. The position requires
knowledge of the Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Production Process along with a thorough
understanding of the manufacturing and construction processes with the ability to work on multiple tasks
concurrently. Design Drafters must possess a strong understanding of Materials, Building Codes and
some Engineering Principles.
● Thoroughly review project specifications and scope, placing emphasis on design requirements.
● As part of a Project Team, prepare pricing estimates, submittal drawings for customer approval
based upon project specifications, scope and engineering requirements.
● Coordinate with project team to determine potential value engineering opportunities for the
● Work in conjunction with the project strategy and schedule set forth by the Project Manager.
● Prepare measuring templates, acquire field dimensions and construct as-built 3D models and
layouts to ensure design feasibility and accuracy.
● With the use of Rhino, Revit and AutoCAD software, prepare accurate assembly and part
drawings to assure proper fabrication and installation of product.
● Prepare bills of materials and project routers to the Process Engineer and Production Manager.
● Assist the Project Manager with quality control measures throughout fabrication and installation
phases of the project.
● Assist the Project Manager in the completion of all specified closeout documents required by the
customer including final ‘as-built’ drawings.
● Perform project review with thorough synopsis of project and opportunities for improved
performance on future projects.
● Provide material take-offs and estimates and assist in project forecasting.
● Assist the Project Manager with change orders, project schedules and project evaluation.
● Integrate educational and professional experience to optimize project efficiencies.
● Associates degree in Mechanical Design / CAD Technology or similar is required
● 5+ years of related experience. Manufacturing and construction experience preferred.
● Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino or comparable program is required.
● Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings.
● Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; not divulge to outside parties’
information of a confidential nature pertaining to the company’s operations or bids
● Ability to carry out the duties described in the job description in an efficient manner.
Project Manager – Architectural Products Division
Seeking a Project Manager to sell specialty architectural products (primarily Division 9) for interiors
of Corporate, Educational, Hospitality, and Healthcare projects.
We are a design studio that specializes in architectural wall and ceiling finishes. We are
committed to creating environments that elevate people’s lives as they work, learn, heal, and engage
in public spaces. Our diverse line of products creates solutions that embody our clients’ brands.
We celebrate design and believe our different material collections speak to people, helping to evoke
a memorable experience. As we design + build our finishes, we work with architects and designers
to achieve their vision, culture, mission, values, and goals. We manufacture all of our products. As
we produce systems and components, our management carries the extent of the design to the
ultimate phase of production. We offer architects and designers an array of varied architectural
finishes made of a wide range of materials suited for specific designs and applications.
We are seeking a driven, highly organized, and extremely competent person to join our innovative,
growing company as a Project Manager. This person would be responsible for sourcing, closing, and
managing the entire project execution of the sale of specialty architectural products to the
commercial market. Day-to-day responsibilities would include extensive communication (via email
and phone) with Architects, Designers, and Contractors to specify, estimate, propose, and fulfill sale
opportunities into the products we manufacture. The prospective customers, projects, products, and sales process is very well defined therefore success is achieved through discipline, rigorous
execution, and unrelenting pursuit.
Qualified candidates will have:
● Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred, Associates degree and
experience in similar sales environment considered. Architectural or industry-related sales
experience a plus.
● 2-3 years of previous sales experience in a business to business environment with a high
degree of customer interaction
● Self-started who is focused, articulate, well organized, and detail-oriented
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to write briefs, promote and explain ideas,
and build relationships with clients
● High EQ with a strong business acumen that he or she will leverage to build relationships with
current and future customers.
● Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail.
● Strong math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Ability to work with multiple deadlines, under pressure, and at a fast pace.
● Proficiency in electronic communication and standard office suite of software. Demonstrated
ability in both speed and efficiency on software tools.
• Base + Commission
• Profit-sharing plan / 401(k)
• Paid holidays/vacation
• Paid sick days
• Health benefits