Construction Project Manager
Our customer is a commercial general contractor in a fast-paced market looking for a positive individual who can join their growing team. We focus on providing excellent customer service and achieving the best results set forth by our clients.
About the Job
They are seeking a Project Manager. The qualified individual will possess four to ten years of construction experience. The ideal candidate will readily plan, direct and coordinate activities related to the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities and systems. As Project Manager, he/she will participate in the conceptual development of a construction or improvement project and lead its organization, design, estimate, implementation, schedule and budget from start to close-out while developing and maintaining relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
o Managing all documentation to ensure project is compliant, remains on schedule and remains within budget while monitoring all costs.
o Obtaining, assembling, distributing and filling all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy and lien releases.
o Scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
o Preparing and submitting budget estimates, progress reports and cost tracking reports.
o Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success of the overall project and company.
Ideal candidate will possess:
o 4-10 years commercial construction project management experience.
o Tenant improvement buildout and ground-up project experience.
o Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
o Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings.
o Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, scheduling, and budgeting construction projects. Timely and accurate performance in routine construction-related tasks for both project management and field construction activities are included. Tasks will include pre-construction, estimating, materials / equipment, safety, budget and schedule management and project closeout. The Project Manager will develop relationships with staff, subcontractors, and Owner’s Representatives and other stakeholders involved in the project. This Project Manager will also be involved in business development activities including: researching leads, meeting with potentials clients, attending networking events, interviewing for projects and performing project management at a level that produces repeat work.
Description for Commercial Project Manager
• Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
• Participate in business development to secure new projects
• Collaborate with the architect and construction crew to ensure viability of each project
• Conduct meetings on-site with all shareholders including architects, clients and construction crews
• Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
• Meet contractual conditions of performance
• Review the work progress on a daily basis
• Prepare external and internal reports pertaining to job status
• Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
• Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
• Analyze manage and mitigate risk
• Ensure quality construction standards and use of proper construction techniques that assure complete client satisfaction
Requirements / Qualifications for Project Manager
Home builders will not qualify for this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field of study
• Four to ten years experience in commercial construction
• Proven work experience in construction management
• Ability to read blueprints, plan sets, and structural drawings
• Understanding of all facets of the construction process
• Advanced understanding of risk management strategies and procedures
• Extensive experience managing budgets for small and large construction projects
• Proven knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment, construction details, rules, regulations and quality standards
• Familiarity with construction management software packages
• Ability to plan for and see the big picture
• Competent in conflict and crisis management
• Demonstrated time and project management skills
Ideal candidate will have experience in retail store fixtures, tradeshow exhibits, or architectural millwork and cabinetry.
Project Assistant – With Curtainwall or related construction experience. Need 2+ years of experience assisting project managers from beginning to end. Ability to Draft would be a big plus.
Our Project Management Job description includes all activity from initial call to project completion. Work in a dynamic, high-quality and high-service environment.
5-10 years of successful commercial general contracting project management experience preferred.
Experience estimating and managing your own projects is required, with emphasis in any of the following areas:
THIS SALARIED POSITION HAS UNLIMITED INCOME POTENTIAL!!!
Send us your resume below, include your income history and a representative list of general contracted projects you have sold and managed. Please note what stage of the project development you started in at.
Diversified Construction knows true success is directly related to a happy, empowered team. That’s why we recognize and promote a healthy work/life balance by offering each of our employees these attractive benefits:
Health and Dental Insurance
Flexible benefits plan
401 (k) with employer contributions
Company sponsored events
State-of-the-art workout facility
Fully equipped kitchen
Fun and flexible work environment