Engineering and Manufacturing
MDS Staffing is seeking candidates to fill a Fabricated Parts Scheduler position. This is a temp to perm position located about 1 hour north of downtown Minneapolis.
FT, 40+ hours week, Monday-Friday 7-4:30, Friday 8-12
Reports to: project management/master schedule
Lift requirement 50 lbs.
Our Customer boasts a multi-million-dollar Fabrication Area with 37 fabrication employees and 145 total employees. The Company manufactures Build to Order, Custom, High end, High Level Automation machinery serving the Window and Door Automated Industry as an OEM “Original Equipment Manufacturer”.
They are creating a new position with the responsibility that works closely with the Fabrication Manager and Fabrication and Welding Supervisors to ensure work flows through the fabrication department in a timely manner to meet production demands.
The ideal Candidate will possess hands on experience in Scheduling Machine print Packages for fabrication though a high paced Fabrication Environment. This position will Schedule the Daily Work Flow in and through the various Fabrication Departments on a per job basis to meet schedule. This process will consist of identifying material needs, sawing and distributing the work package to the appropriate Departments to ensure a complete Machine Fabrication Package is delivered to the Assembly Floor in a timely manner. Our Machine Shop has multiple Supervisors that oversee the actual Production side of Production. The Scheduler will be working closely with all fabrication Supervisors.
Duties to include:
Receiving a print packages from our design department and from our internal aftermarket parts sales department , Prioritizing all fabrication work per the production schedule and direction provided by Upper Management , Sorting through the machine print packages to identify materials that are in stock and ready to be cut, identifying materials that need to be ordered, Scheduling all the fabrication, monitoring parts being outsourced, monitoring to ensure adherence to the Fabrication complete due date provided by Project Management and master production schedule, Reporting up to date information to Project Management on the status of the machine package at any given time, this position will be supervising the sawing and raw materials areas of our shop to ensure the fabrication process can meet the desired deadlines.
Print reading mandatory, understanding of raw material required for manufacturing custom machines, understanding of basic machine shop process, milling, turning, welding, sheet metal fabrication, paint, outside metal finishing, zinc, chrome, oxide, plasma, etc.
Hands on knowledge of MRP or ERP , (Our system is TETO, Total Engineer To Order MRP.)
Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook programs.
CAD, CAM helpful but not mandatory.
5 years’ experience scheduling in a manufacturing environment
MDS Staffing is seeking candidates to fill a Mechanical Drafter/Detailer position. This is a temp to perm position located about 1 hour north of downtown Minneapolis.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
*Two years Mechanical Drafting degree or Machine drafting work experience
*Good communication skills
*Works well under pressure
*Knowledge of machining and assembly
Duties include but are not limited to:
*Detailing machines and parts.
*Updating and putting together manuals and parts lists
*Able to read documentation for the machine build process
*Interaction and cooperation with other departments. (Machining, Welding, Purchasing, Assembly)
The Mechanical Detailer should have good organizational skills and is self-motivated. This candidate will mainly be doing updating work and putting together manuals in the beginning with potential for advancement.
12-8-20 Design Drafters are ultimately responsible for the design and pricing of products according to project requirements.
The Design Drafter develops pricing, submittals, layouts, schematics and shop details as
part of a design team in accordance with project specifications and site conditions. The position requires
knowledge of the Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Production Process along with a thorough
understanding of the manufacturing and construction processes with the ability to work on multiple tasks
concurrently. Design Drafters must possess a strong understanding of Materials, Building Codes and
some Engineering Principles.
● Thoroughly review project specifications and scope, placing emphasis on design requirements.
● As part of a Project Team, prepare pricing estimates, submittal drawings for customer approval
based upon project specifications, scope and engineering requirements.
● Coordinate with project team to determine potential value engineering opportunities for the
● Work in conjunction with the project strategy and schedule set forth by the Project Manager.
● Prepare measuring templates, acquire field dimensions and construct as-built 3D models and
layouts to ensure design feasibility and accuracy.
● With the use of Rhino, Revit and AutoCAD software, prepare accurate assembly and part
drawings to assure proper fabrication and installation of product.
● Prepare bills of materials and project routers to the Process Engineer and Production Manager.
● Assist the Project Manager with quality control measures throughout fabrication and installation
phases of the project.
● Assist the Project Manager in the completion of all specified closeout documents required by the
customer including final ‘as-built’ drawings.
● Perform project review with thorough synopsis of project and opportunities for improved
performance on future projects.
● Provide material take-offs and estimates and assist in project forecasting.
● Assist the Project Manager with change orders, project schedules and project evaluation.
● Integrate educational and professional experience to optimize project efficiencies.
● Associates degree in Mechanical Design / CAD Technology or similar is required
● 5+ years of related experience. Manufacturing and construction experience preferred.
● Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino or comparable program is required.
● Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings.
● Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; not divulge to outside parties’
information of a confidential nature pertaining to the company’s operations or bids
● Ability to carry out the duties described in the job description in an efficient manner.
Seeking drafter with AutoCAD skills.
Architectural Submittal Drafter
– Utilize AutoCAD to produce accurate submittal drawings for architect/customer review
– Analyze project documents and develop detailed drawings required to accurately covey scope of work and architectural intent
– Assist project managers with updating drawings, creating sketches, creating RFI’s, developing details for unique job conditions, and revise project documents
– Review work from other drafters to ensure accuracy
– Complete projects on time and accurately
– Other duties as assigned
– Proficient in AutoCAD 2015 or newer
– Previous sheet metal or glass and glazing industry experience is helpful
Will be creating shop drawings for Architectural Metal products such as awnings, column wraps, etc. Position is contract to direct hire. Located in the NW metro.
Millwork Drafter: Forward thinking manufacturing company designing acoustical wall and ceiling systems in search of a good AutoCAD Drafter to join the team.
Ideal Candidate would possess:
-5+ Years of AutoCAD Drafting Experience
-Millwork Drafting Experience
-Ability to explain drafting work being completed
-Good Work Ethic