Engineering and Manufacturing
Retail Fixture Company in search of an experienced Design Engineer.
• The Design Engineer works within the framework of the Alpha Engineering Team as an expert in design concept development; bringing experienced production design perspective and excellent creative problem solving to the front end of the project development process, ensuring that every design concept is tailored to fit the precise needs of the customer as well as optimized to fit company production capabilities.
• High degree of motivation, curiosity, passion & creativity
• Excellent organizational, research and analytical skills
• Design intelligence: mechanical intuition, creative problem solving, spatial reasoning, diligence in finding the best solution for each design challenge, attention to detail
• Flexible design skills: functional aesthetics, tolerance analysis, design for assembly/manufacturability, simple fixture design, design for rapid prototyping, design for high volume manufacturing, technology integration, mechanism design
• Strong technical aptitude: proficient in MS Office ( i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint… ) along with software applications for developing conceptual drawings ( i.e. SketchUp, SolidWorks… )
• Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas, thrives in collaborative design efforts
• Experience in the design cycle from concept through manufacturing
• Experience in outside customer contact a plus
• Ability to work productively and creatively with limited supervision
• Ability to accept criticism and make changes accordingly
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
The essential duties that this position will carry out as a part of the team…
Define the Design Intent…
• Compiles a thorough understanding for the customer’s expectations by gathering and reviewing sales process documentation; sketches, renderings, design deck, customer provided drawings, product specifications, estimates, etc.…
• Coordinates with project management personnel, sales staff and customer representatives to further develop the design intent; addressing questions about finish, functionality, manufacturability and anything else that may not have been fully considered during the sales process
• Develops creative and effective build strategy ideas to best fit all project parameters including delivering on the customers vision, project lead time, production budget, manufacturability, product quality, etc.…
• Effectively employs an array of visual communication mediums (hand sketch, SketchUp, SolidWorks, Adobe Suite…) to efficiently convey design concepts as we work with the customer to define the design intent
Develop a Strategic Design Solution…
• Considers a wide range of construction methodologies optimized to work with wood, metal and plastic materials in order to make well informed decisions while transitioning the initial design concept & build strategy into a fully vetted production design
• Collaborates with engineering, production and vendor resources to both verify fixture build strategies and to explore new creative options
• Utilizes an expert working knowledge of SolidWorks to produce drawing sets for customer design approval as well as generating CAD models to be used when developing production details after the approval process.
• Works within the engineering team as a collaborative resource, effective at reviewing and continuously improving fixture designs as they flow through the full design & manufacturing process
• Continuously balances independent design work with customer & resource collaboration
• Maintains records using a document control process
• Proactively communicates project status, challenges and issues
• Proofread and submit documentation which is comprehensive, accurate and complies with company brand standards
• All other duties as required
Education & Experience:
The training necessary to be ready to take on this position…
• Ideally, 3+ years of design engineering experience in metal and wood product manufacturing; experience with retail clients preferred
• Degree in design (architectural, industrial, engineering…) or equivalent experience preferred
• Solid understanding of how products are built, their intended functions and the desired end result
• Strong work ethic, willing to learn new things, high positivity, and endless curiosity are highly encouraged personal traits for this position
• Ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals or groups
• Innovative and creative problem solver
Anything else important to being able to perform the duties of the job effectively…
• Advanced knowledge of 3D CAD modeling utilizing SolidWorks CAD Software
• Familiarity with supporting design software such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and SketchUp are a plus
• Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
• Adaptability and flexibility to meet an equally fast paced and rapidly changing work environment
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
• Readily exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of job-related duties
• Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand
1. Technical Expertise – 90%
Serve as a member of an integrated design team and assist with drafting/BIM output along with other duties to meet project schedules and budgets.
Prepare drawings using relevant software for drafting/modeling of assigned projects
Use applicable knowledge and understanding of building concepts to projects
Revise and update existing drawings to reflect design changes
Recognize inaccuracies in drawings and being them to the attention of the project lead
Apply drafting standards, techniques, and procedures in accordance with SSE established criteria
2. Client Relationships – 5%
Provide appropriate information in a timely manner for successful client communication to create and sustain trusting relationships and maintain/increase client satisfaction and retention.
Participate in project meetings in a professional manner
Understand the client’s requirements and expectations
Understand client work pipeline
Review and recap project success and opportunities for improvement with integrated design team
3. Administration – 5%
Keep projects up to date in Ajera to ensure clients are invoiced accurately and SSE is paid in a timely manner.
Ensure documents and emails are filed appropriately
Accurately record time to projects
Submit timecard, expenses, and PTO requests in timely manner
Participate in internal projects as needed
Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in Revit, drafting, or related field with experience using Revit software or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Solid understanding and knowledge of general building concepts
Proficient use of the English language, both verbal and written
Experience with structural engineering preferred
Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods, adaptable to all audiences
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are seeking a entry/mid level structural engineer for agribusiness, industrial and commercial facilities.
The work will include expansions, retrofits and new facility design for a variety of projects ranging from distribution centers, food processing plants and chemical manufacturing facilities to feed mills and export terminals.
In this position you will be preforming high quality engineering services as well as appropriately and efficiently us software and hand calculations to develop design solutions that meet code requirements and are constructible.
Some site visits/observations/structural evaluations. (Potential 10% travel to construction job sites.)
Location Plymouth/Direct Hire No Contracts
Please submit resume if you have further interest.
CNC Lathe Machinist-
Machine Shop looking for a long term, hardworking, willing to learn, positive CNC LATHE machinist to join their team. They are a small machine shop that has a lot to offer such as competitive pay, benefits and great working environment!
The ideal candidate can Program(MasterCAM), Setup, and operate a CNC Lathe.
We are looking for an experienced machinist with the RIGHT ATTITUDE and DRIVE. Someone that is hard working and also willing to learn. In our shop we cross train employees regularly so you have a great chance to learn more than one machine and be exposed to multiple styles of machining/duties.
-Must have a 2 year vocational degree in the machining field and/or equivalent experience and education with MIN 2 years’ experience.
-Must be able to pass a Drug Test.
Some of the benefits to our company are:
– One shift shop starting at 6:00 am M-F with overtime opportunity and time and a half pay. Weekends Off.
– Company pays 90% of medical insurance premiums and 100% dental insurance premiums.
– Competitive pay.
– Clean shop with heat and air conditioning
– 401k Match
– Profit sharing availability
– Performance bonus opportunities.
– Holiday/Vacation Pay
– Much MORE
We machine a wide variety of materials from plastics to aluminum to exotic super alloys. We do a lot of semi-finish turning and milling as well as finishing parts to tight tolerances. Part lot sizes range from 1 piece to a few hundred to a few thousand but high numbers are mostly in our Swiss lathe. We are a job shop that runs some short production repeat work as well as 1 time single parts.
Some of the job duties and responsibilities:
– Program using programming software or programming/edits by hand. Mastercam is used.
– Set up machines with correct tools and fixtures.
– Run parts, perform offsets and troubleshoot.
– Print interpretation and understanding of measurement and part tolerances is required.
– Perform part inspection. We have tools but we also let you bring your own tools here as well.
– Perform each job with a high level of quality while continually working to improve efficiency.
– Problem solves and come up with solutions on your own.
– Team player.
– Take and give advice. Have an open mind.
– Good communication skills.
– Keep and maintain a clean/safe working area. We strive to keep a clean shop.
– Most importantly have the drive to succeed and willingness to learn. Be self-motivated.
– Please contact us for a complete list. It will be discussed during first interview as well.
– Good attendance.
Commercial project work scopes include tenant improvement/refurbishment of building lighting and power apparatus, communicating electric service requirements with the Utility company, developing one-line or riser diagrams, design and specification of lighting and lighting controls, including emergency systems, and coordinating electrical design to support building environmental and plumbing systems.
Layout plans, sections and details to specified CAD standards working directly with engineers or project managers.
Provide direction and distribute work to Technicians.
Review and back-check Technician’s work.
Coordinate with design team members and product vendors.
Communicate with clients and/or contractors regarding RFI’s and field questions.
Maintain awareness of fees and drafting time, understand project scope and identify potential additional service items.
Review shop drawings.
Attend internal coordination meetings and client coordination meetings as needed.
Occasional travel for site observations and field measurements.
Certificate in construction related design/drafting or higher and at least three years of directly related experience OR at least four years of directly related experience
Commercial building and warehouse experience required
Proficient with current versions of AutoCAD and REVIT 3D
Strong understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)