Engineering and Manufacturing
- Are a 100% employee-owner
- Work with Fortune 500 clients
- Are part of an ENR (Engineering News Record) Top 500 firm
We have a Sr. Mechanical Engineer – MEP position open in St. Paul , MN. This person will prepare plumbing and HVAC system design drawings and specifications for new construction, existing facilities expansion, and renovation projects for moderate to high complexity projects with a focus on industrial clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10+ years of related design experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Requirements include 10+ years of relevant work experience in an Engineering environment and comprehensive knowledge of Mechanical, HVAC, and Plumbing design.
- Requirements include a strong understanding of engineering, design, and documentation principles, practices, and standards, an understanding of materials and systems, and a thorough knowledge of Engineering detailing and construction methodology.
- Must be organized, technically competent, have effective oral and written communications, and experience in working in a multi-disciplined environment and interfacing with engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can Work independently with little input and direction from the Business Unit Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains plumbing, mechanical, and related data from documents, occupant interviews, and field measurements.
- Responsible for applying engineering fundamentals to designs of mechanical systems.
- Perform HVAC and plumbing system sizing calculations, select equipment, and write technical specifications.
- Performs engineering calculations using accepted methods and computer software.
- Communication with internal staff, clients, and other consultants/disciplines.
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation of floor plans, site plans, and other drawings for complex structures.
- Reviews and approves Mechanical design packages developed by design teams.
- Performs field review of existing facilities to determine and verify relevant services and site layout, and to coordinate construction with plans and specifications.
- Responsible for system design, sizing, and layout, selection of components for systems, plumbing, and/or HVAC design.
- Responsible for the preparation of cost estimates and in coordination of construction and renovation projects.
- Ability to prepare red-line drawings for Cad Operators.
- Writes technical specifications.
- Compiles specifications and contract documents.
- Helps maintain the financial success of projects based upon mutually agreed fee structures.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Business Unit Manager as deemed appropriate.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Degree. Licensure as a Professional Engineer is required – NCEES preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. May be subject to travel assignments constituting up to 10% of the work schedule. Travel varies as a function of the project.
- No or very limited physical effort is required.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as outside temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or noises.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Ability to collect field data and accurately record findings.
- Ability to perform system design functions.
- Planning, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Informing, Organizing, Priority Setting, Problem Solving.
All employees are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
All of our clients employees are expected to interact with clients in a highly professional manner. This Sr. Mechanical Engineer is expected to properly represent our clients service offerings to clients and to quantify and describe to clients the business value associated with service offerings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Millwork Engineer- Architectural Millwork Company in search of an experienced Millwork worker. (Does not need engineering degree, just experience)
Duties include but are not limited to:
Aid drafters in design & construction methods
Work with internal PM’s and external field supes
Purchase materials for the jobs they are working on
Cut bill the jobs they are working on
Job site visit / field measure as needed.