Engineering and Manufacturing
POSITION TITLE: Analyst Engineer
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISORS TITLE: Analysis Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Execute projects either as a lead, including customer interface, or in support of a Project Manager for large projects. Successful performance in this role requires effective communication, strong analytical skills, sound judgment as to the applicability of the calculation results, and a strong commitment to the company’s success.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface, facilitate, and understand the needs of our clients• Report writing and presentation skills to summarize project results and recommendations• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills• Must be able to pass a background investigation, Terrorist Watch List search, motor vehicle, employment eligibility (I9), and drug screening test
• General supervision: Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision. There may be an occasional check of work while in progress, and work is reviewed upon completion• Time Percentage: 75% – Assist with and conduct engineering analysis projects, which may include the following: HRSG performance analysis/evaluation to assess the potential for problems or improvements.
Cycling Studies Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation of gas turbine exhaust gas flow distribution Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of boiler components Heat Transfer Calculations or other boiler related calculations Flow accelerated corrosion studies Root Cause Failure Analyses 10% – Prepare proposals to clients based on the client’s specific needs 10% – HRSG Inspections 5% (Non-Essential Function) – Attend trade shows and industry forums to help promote and market HRST’s abilities• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficient in Ansys CFX or Fluent, Ansys Mechanical, and Microsoft Office Suite Statistical analysis methods. Ability to handle heavy client demands in a positive, professional manner o Must be capable of executing multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously. Skills in use of analytical software, client communication, math and statistics. Knowledge of engineering principles/theory/administration; knowledge of the company’s organization structure and operations• Other Duties: Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources, Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals Perform other duties as assigned Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill Education and Experience:• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (not engineering technology) from an ABET-accredited College or University (Master’s Degree in Engineering highly desirable)• Strong background in heat transfer and fluid mechanics• Field experience or design experience with HRSG OEM or service provider is desirable but not a requirement
Primary Objective: To develop and support Electric Linear Motion Product sales by providing technical sales and applications support regarding the selection, use, installation and troubleshooting of companies motion products (electric actuators, motors and drives) in partnership with companies Regional Sales Managers, Business Development Managers and Market Channel.
Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering.• 2 years of related technical sales and/or applications experience is preferred. • Functional knowledge of electrical controls, motors and drives.• Must exhibit a strong technical aptitude as applicable to the company’s product line and an interest/ability to learn technologies and products core.
• Strong administrative and problem solving skills.• Knowledge of engineering calculations pertaining to the dynamics of motion.• Mechanical aptitude.• Exceptionally strong presence and poise, teaching and training skills, etc.• Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office based products.• Ability to read and interpret engineering data and drawings related to the industrial manufacturing marketplace.• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of distributors, customers, prospects, company personnel and others.
Position Manufacturing / Programming Engineer
Industry Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication and Assembly
Materials Processed CRS, HRPO, Galvanneal, G30, Aluminum, and Stainless
Typical Gauge Thicknesses .029 – .312 ( 75% of work is between .048 & .134 )
Standard Tolerances + / – .010
Assembly Processes A mix of Riveting, Spot-Welding, and Welding
Finishing Plating, Painting, and Silk-screening
Position Degreed or Non – Degreed – Excellent in Solid Works including unfolding sheet metal parts- Excellent in Precision Sheet Metal Layout- Excellent in Programming preferability using AP100 software- Ability to program NC Turret Punch Presses- Ability to program NC Lasers- Thorough understanding of Press Brake Forming in a light gauge / precision sheet metal atmosphere.- Proficient with Microsoft Office software- Experience with Mie Trak MRP software Preferred Experience Plant Floor fabrication experience in turrets and press brakes 2 – 5 years of programming experience Emphasis on Solid Works, Programming, and Sheet Metal Layout
A day in the life @ HPM ! Goal: Meet, or BEAT the quote
When an order arrives in engineering, it has already been quoted and awarded to HPM.
Our job is to now engineer said item(s) / or assembly for the following Process validation
– Part and / or Assembly File Validation A review of the part and / or assembly to ensure the file is correct and able to be programmed and manufactured. File integrity is good A review for manufacturing changes we may want to make to ensure that it can be made correctly the first time ( can’t be formed backward, can’t be assembled incorrectly, tolerances change to ensure mating parts will go together, etc.)
– The Process quoted for the job makes the most sense It was quoted to be turret punched, and yes, we should do that, or maybe it makes sense to laser due to volume or something else
– Material Validation Validate that material is correct Program for best possible material yield
– Tooling Validation Review against current tooling inventory to ensure we have what we need. Buy only when required Make suggestions to customer if we have an available tool that is similar that may work, saving the customer money and all of us time.
Mission When said job goes to the floor, it has it’s best opportunity for success the first time.
HPM capabilities See website at www.heroldprecision.com 110,000 square foot facility Air Conditioned throughout 7 Turrets 6 Lasers ( 3 are 24/7 FMS Laser systems ) 24 Press Brakes
Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision 401K Plan with match of 50% of up to 4%Flexible Work Hours
Compensation Based on Qualifications. Bi-Annual Bonus / Profit Sharing Plan
POSITION: ENTRY LEVEL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
This is an entry level position with direct supervision which will provide experience and guidance with engineering methods, practices, and software. The assignments will cover electrical design tasks such as technical specifications, calculations, drawings, vendor technical management, etc. related to Oil & Gas, Energy, T&D and industrial facilities. Within the extent and magnitude of the responsibilities and opportunities available to any individual are dependent on demonstrated performance. While this is an office-based position, some travel (including international) is required.
• (Pursuing) BS degree in Electrical Engineering• Must possess very good organization, interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.• Excellent oral and written communication skills.• Legally eligible to work in the US
Key Skills: Viable candidate will be a flexible and dynamic team player capable of integrating into an international team. Individuals must have excellent written and oral communication skills, along with very good organizational habits. AutoCad experience is a plus. Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well in a collaborative environment and demonstrate effective team building skills is a must. Spanish language is a plus. Experience: 0 – 3 years of experience – preferably in industrial projects. Internship experience is a plus. Other: Must have valid passport or able to obtain a passport, and ability to travel. Working Conditions: This position will work in an office environment involving computers, phones, and other personnel in close proximity. Individual must be willing to work flexible hours, if needed for business purposes.
POSITION: Electrical Engineer
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
Primary Responsibilities: Electrical design tasks for industrial facilities. Assignments will be varied and can include such items as equipment selection and specification preparation, calculations, single line diagram definition, grounding, arc flash studies, power plans distribution, vendor technical management, etc. Experience with either power generation or industrial facility low and medium voltage distribution is expected. The position will require an ability to make independent decisions on engineering problems and methods, define options, and articulate the best solution(s) to the team. This is not a supervisory position; however, the individual may need to direct the work of other engineers and/or designers on a project basis. While this is an office-based position, some travel (including international) may be required.
Key Skills: • Flexible and dynamic team player capable of integrating into an international team• Excellent written and oral communication skills• Strong organizational and project documentation habits • Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate effective team-building skills • Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Minimum Academic & Professional Requirements: • Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering• Licensed Professional Engineer • Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial projects• Experience managing successful client relationships and business development skills is a plus.
Other: Must have a valid passport or be able to obtain a passport, and ability to travel (<20%)
Working Conditions: This position will work in an office environment involving computers, phones, and other personnel in close proximity. Individuals must be willing to work flexible hours, if needed for business purposes.
Our Employees Enjoy:• COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION – Including Incentive compensation based on company performance • JOB ENRICHMENT AND CAREER ENHANCEMENT • GREAT BENEFITS – Company contributions to Health Savings Accounts, medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability, long term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, and other benefit programs • EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS • PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT- invests in developing its professionals including job-related professional training with tuition reimbursement opportunities.