Engineering and Manufacturing
Primary Objective: To develop and support Electric Linear Motion Product sales by providing technical sales and applications support regarding the selection, use, installation and troubleshooting of companies motion products (electric actuators, motors and drives) in partnership with companies Regional Sales Managers, Business Development Managers and Market Channel.
Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering.• 2 years of related technical sales and/or applications experience is preferred. • Functional knowledge of electrical controls, motors and drives.• Must exhibit a strong technical aptitude as applicable to the company’s product line and an interest/ability to learn technologies and products core.
• Strong administrative and problem solving skills.• Knowledge of engineering calculations pertaining to the dynamics of motion.• Mechanical aptitude.• Exceptionally strong presence and poise, teaching and training skills, etc.• Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office based products.• Ability to read and interpret engineering data and drawings related to the industrial manufacturing marketplace.• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of distributors, customers, prospects, company personnel and others.
Position Manufacturing / Programming Engineer
Industry Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication and Assembly
Materials Processed CRS, HRPO, Galvanneal, G30, Aluminum, and Stainless
Typical Gauge Thicknesses .029 – .312 ( 75% of work is between .048 & .134 )
Standard Tolerances + / – .010
Assembly Processes A mix of Riveting, Spot-Welding, and Welding
Finishing Plating, Painting, and Silk-screening
Position Degreed or Non – Degreed – Excellent in Solid Works including unfolding sheet metal parts- Excellent in Precision Sheet Metal Layout- Excellent in Programming preferability using AP100 software- Ability to program NC Turret Punch Presses- Ability to program NC Lasers- Thorough understanding of Press Brake Forming in a light gauge / precision sheet metal atmosphere.- Proficient with Microsoft Office software- Experience with Mie Trak MRP software Preferred Experience Plant Floor fabrication experience in turrets and press brakes 2 – 5 years of programming experience Emphasis on Solid Works, Programming, and Sheet Metal Layout
A day in the life @ HPM ! Goal: Meet, or BEAT the quote
When an order arrives in engineering, it has already been quoted and awarded to HPM.
Our job is to now engineer said item(s) / or assembly for the following Process validation
– Part and / or Assembly File Validation A review of the part and / or assembly to ensure the file is correct and able to be programmed and manufactured. File integrity is good A review for manufacturing changes we may want to make to ensure that it can be made correctly the first time ( can’t be formed backward, can’t be assembled incorrectly, tolerances change to ensure mating parts will go together, etc.)
– The Process quoted for the job makes the most sense It was quoted to be turret punched, and yes, we should do that, or maybe it makes sense to laser due to volume or something else
– Material Validation Validate that material is correct Program for best possible material yield
– Tooling Validation Review against current tooling inventory to ensure we have what we need. Buy only when required Make suggestions to customer if we have an available tool that is similar that may work, saving the customer money and all of us time.
Mission When said job goes to the floor, it has it’s best opportunity for success the first time.
HPM capabilities See website at www.heroldprecision.com 110,000 square foot facility Air Conditioned throughout 7 Turrets 6 Lasers ( 3 are 24/7 FMS Laser systems ) 24 Press Brakes
Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision 401K Plan with match of 50% of up to 4%Flexible Work Hours
Compensation Based on Qualifications. Bi-Annual Bonus / Profit Sharing Plan
POSITION: ENTRY LEVEL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
This is an entry level position with direct supervision which will provide experience and guidance with engineering methods, practices, and software. The assignments will cover electrical design tasks such as technical specifications, calculations, drawings, vendor technical management, etc. related to Oil & Gas, Energy, T&D and industrial facilities. Within the extent and magnitude of the responsibilities and opportunities available to any individual are dependent on demonstrated performance. While this is an office-based position, some travel (including international) is required.
• (Pursuing) BS degree in Electrical Engineering• Must possess very good organization, interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.• Excellent oral and written communication skills.• Legally eligible to work in the US
Key Skills: Viable candidate will be a flexible and dynamic team player capable of integrating into an international team. Individuals must have excellent written and oral communication skills, along with very good organizational habits. AutoCad experience is a plus. Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well in a collaborative environment and demonstrate effective team building skills is a must. Spanish language is a plus. Experience: 0 – 3 years of experience – preferably in industrial projects. Internship experience is a plus. Other: Must have valid passport or able to obtain a passport, and ability to travel. Working Conditions: This position will work in an office environment involving computers, phones, and other personnel in close proximity. Individual must be willing to work flexible hours, if needed for business purposes.
POSITION: Electrical Engineer
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
Primary Responsibilities: Electrical design tasks for industrial facilities. Assignments will be varied and can include such items as equipment selection and specification preparation, calculations, single line diagram definition, grounding, arc flash studies, power plans distribution, vendor technical management, etc. Experience with either power generation or industrial facility low and medium voltage distribution is expected. The position will require an ability to make independent decisions on engineering problems and methods, define options, and articulate the best solution(s) to the team. This is not a supervisory position; however, the individual may need to direct the work of other engineers and/or designers on a project basis. While this is an office-based position, some travel (including international) may be required.
Key Skills: • Flexible and dynamic team player capable of integrating into an international team• Excellent written and oral communication skills• Strong organizational and project documentation habits • Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate effective team-building skills • Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Minimum Academic & Professional Requirements: • Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering• Licensed Professional Engineer • Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial projects• Experience managing successful client relationships and business development skills is a plus.
Other: Must have a valid passport or be able to obtain a passport, and ability to travel (<20%)
Working Conditions: This position will work in an office environment involving computers, phones, and other personnel in close proximity. Individuals must be willing to work flexible hours, if needed for business purposes.
Our Employees Enjoy:• COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION – Including Incentive compensation based on company performance • JOB ENRICHMENT AND CAREER ENHANCEMENT • GREAT BENEFITS – Company contributions to Health Savings Accounts, medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability, long term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, and other benefit programs • EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS • PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT- invests in developing its professionals including job-related professional training with tuition reimbursement opportunities.
CNC Mill Machinist
Primary Objective: Perform machining operations in accordance with the company’s Machine Shop procedures and work instructions. Utilize documentation and skills to provide parts and assemblies to internal and external customers that meet quality and schedule requirements.
Qualifications:• Two year certification from college or trade school with previous experience or four years applicable experience in a machine shop environment.• Must understand and apply advanced machining knowledge. • Machining tolerances and measuring equipment, tooling selection, machine setup and operation. Common machining symbols on prints. • Understanding of material characteristics and proper machining techniques. • Ability to read and understand CNC G-code and M-code for CNC operators or ability to run multiple manual machines• Preferred experience running: Doosan/Hurco/Matsura MAM/Makino-Horizontal Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Performs machining operations on a variety of parts and is fully competent in the following areas:• Accept responsibility for completing required operations in an efficient manner.• Take initiative and make decisions to meet the customers’ expectations.• Perform set-ups in a timely and efficient manner.• Perform normal preventative maintenance as required or apparent.• Maintain a clean and well-organized work area; work in conjunction with both shifts to do so.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of / ability to:• Machining prints and meet print requirements.• Machine Shop routing system.• Inspect and verify dimensions to required accuracy.
3. Perform machining operations in the following manner:• Provide constructive feedback to area supervisor on quality issues, trends and workload. Exhibit willingness to help resolve issues regarding schedules and priorities.• Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to work overtime and to meet demands of other work stations.• Interact and communicate effectively with all colleagues, including supervisors. Display ability to work as a part of team.• Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner. Identify safety hazards and involve appropriate parties to resolve.• Initiate creative and/or innovative ideas and shows willingness to implement them.
4. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.