Engineering and Manufacturing
CNC Lathe Machinist-
Machine Shop looking for a long term, hardworking, willing to learn, positive CNC LATHE machinist to join their team. They are a small machine shop that has a lot to offer such as competitive pay, benefits and great working environment!
The ideal candidate can Program(MasterCAM), Setup, and operate a CNC Lathe.
We are looking for an experienced machinist with the RIGHT ATTITUDE and DRIVE. Someone that is hard working and also willing to learn. In our shop we cross train employees regularly so you have a great chance to learn more than one machine and be exposed to multiple styles of machining/duties.
-Must have a 2 year vocational degree in the machining field and/or equivalent experience and education with MIN 2 years’ experience.
-Must be able to pass a Drug Test.
Some of the benefits to our company are:
– One shift shop starting at 6:00 am M-F with overtime opportunity and time and a half pay. Weekends Off.
– Company pays 90% of medical insurance premiums and 100% dental insurance premiums.
– Competitive pay.
– Clean shop with heat and air conditioning
– 401k Match
– Profit sharing availability
– Performance bonus opportunities.
– Holiday/Vacation Pay
– Much MORE
We machine a wide variety of materials from plastics to aluminum to exotic super alloys. We do a lot of semi-finish turning and milling as well as finishing parts to tight tolerances. Part lot sizes range from 1 piece to a few hundred to a few thousand but high numbers are mostly in our Swiss lathe. We are a job shop that runs some short production repeat work as well as 1 time single parts.
Some of the job duties and responsibilities:
– Program using programming software or programming/edits by hand. Mastercam is used.
– Set up machines with correct tools and fixtures.
– Run parts, perform offsets and troubleshoot.
– Print interpretation and understanding of measurement and part tolerances is required.
– Perform part inspection. We have tools but we also let you bring your own tools here as well.
– Perform each job with a high level of quality while continually working to improve efficiency.
– Problem solves and come up with solutions on your own.
– Team player.
– Take and give advice. Have an open mind.
– Good communication skills.
– Keep and maintain a clean/safe working area. We strive to keep a clean shop.
– Most importantly have the drive to succeed and willingness to learn. Be self-motivated.
– Please contact us for a complete list. It will be discussed during first interview as well.
– Good attendance.
Commercial project work scopes include tenant improvement/refurbishment of building lighting and power apparatus, communicating electric service requirements with the Utility company, developing one-line or riser diagrams, design and specification of lighting and lighting controls, including emergency systems, and coordinating electrical design to support building environmental and plumbing systems.
Layout plans, sections and details to specified CAD standards working directly with engineers or project managers.
Provide direction and distribute work to Technicians.
Review and back-check Technician’s work.
Coordinate with design team members and product vendors.
Communicate with clients and/or contractors regarding RFI’s and field questions.
Maintain awareness of fees and drafting time, understand project scope and identify potential additional service items.
Review shop drawings.
Attend internal coordination meetings and client coordination meetings as needed.
Occasional travel for site observations and field measurements.
Certificate in construction related design/drafting or higher and at least three years of directly related experience OR at least four years of directly related experience
Commercial building and warehouse experience required
Proficient with current versions of AutoCAD and REVIT 3D
Strong understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
Entry Level Mechanical Drafter
AutCAD Drafter needed for a firm that designs heat sensory equipment for industrial use. Location is the SW Metro. Pay depends on experience however no experience is necessary.
Associates degree in drafting with AutoCAD or on the job training is a requirement. Must have formal training or experience with AutoCAD.
12-8-20 Design Drafters are ultimately responsible for the design and pricing of products according to project requirements.
The Design Drafter develops pricing, submittals, layouts, schematics and shop details as
part of a design team in accordance with project specifications and site conditions. The position requires
knowledge of the Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Production Process along with a thorough
understanding of the manufacturing and construction processes with the ability to work on multiple tasks
concurrently. Design Drafters must possess a strong understanding of Materials, Building Codes and
some Engineering Principles.
● Thoroughly review project specifications and scope, placing emphasis on design requirements.
● As part of a Project Team, prepare pricing estimates, submittal drawings for customer approval
based upon project specifications, scope and engineering requirements.
● Coordinate with project team to determine potential value engineering opportunities for the
● Work in conjunction with the project strategy and schedule set forth by the Project Manager.
● Prepare measuring templates, acquire field dimensions and construct as-built 3D models and
layouts to ensure design feasibility and accuracy.
● With the use of Rhino, Revit and AutoCAD software, prepare accurate assembly and part
drawings to assure proper fabrication and installation of product.
● Prepare bills of materials and project routers to the Process Engineer and Production Manager.
● Assist the Project Manager with quality control measures throughout fabrication and installation
phases of the project.
● Assist the Project Manager in the completion of all specified closeout documents required by the
customer including final ‘as-built’ drawings.
● Perform project review with thorough synopsis of project and opportunities for improved
performance on future projects.
● Provide material take-offs and estimates and assist in project forecasting.
● Assist the Project Manager with change orders, project schedules and project evaluation.
● Integrate educational and professional experience to optimize project efficiencies.
● Associates degree in Mechanical Design / CAD Technology or similar is required
● 5+ years of related experience. Manufacturing and construction experience preferred.
● Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino or comparable program is required.
● Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings.
● Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; not divulge to outside parties’
information of a confidential nature pertaining to the company’s operations or bids
● Ability to carry out the duties described in the job description in an efficient manner.
Seeking drafter with AutoCAD skills.
Architectural Submittal Drafter
– Utilize AutoCAD to produce accurate submittal drawings for architect/customer review
– Analyze project documents and develop detailed drawings required to accurately covey scope of work and architectural intent
– Assist project managers with updating drawings, creating sketches, creating RFI’s, developing details for unique job conditions, and revise project documents
– Review work from other drafters to ensure accuracy
– Complete projects on time and accurately
– Other duties as assigned
– Proficient in AutoCAD 2015 or newer
– Previous sheet metal or glass and glazing industry experience is helpful
Will be creating shop drawings for Architectural Metal products such as awnings, column wraps, etc. Position is contract to direct hire. Located in the NW metro.