Engineering and Manufacturing
Entry Level Civil Engineer
Analytical, accurate, independent…does this sound like you? Are you looking for an established firm that provides opportunities for professional growth and training in a fast-paced environment? If your answer is yes, we have a position that might be the right fit for you. We’re looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented professional to consistently deliver to our clients.
The Civil team is focused on maximizing site functionality through design work that includes roadway / track layouts, utility coordination, storm water management, site grading, drainage and erosion control, truck simulations and permitting / agency coordination for agribusiness, industrial and commercial facilities.
Perform high quality engineering services.
Appropriately and efficiently use software and hand calculations to develop design solutions that meet code requirements and are constructible.
Perform site visits/observations/structural evaluations. (Potential 10% travel to construction job sites.)
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with structural engineering emphasis
E.I.T. for entry-level position
3-5 years’ experience
Location Plymouth/Direct Hire No Contracts
Please submit resume if you have further interest.
Alternative/renewable power company in search of a skilled power engineer. This is heavy power in 1+ megawatt range, power inverters, rectifiers, and so forth. We are focused here on renewable power use in hydrogen production.
Tool and Die Maker
Position Summary Understand the tool building processes from specifications such as noted in blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts. Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools. Essential Functions To assist production team to assure the timely completion of a quality product and to meet all quality standards and customer specifications. Duties and Responsibilities This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Level 3 23. Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and has skill to recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.24. Assist in the decision-making process of future machine and tooling purchases.25. Assist design in selecting select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.26. Assists designer/engineers to Develop and design new tools and dies,
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience• Requires education generally equivalent to a 2 year Technical Degree.• Requires 2+ years of machinist experience.• Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform geometric algebraic and trig calculations.• Must perform metric conversions.• Requires good English oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications and routings.• Workstation Computer/PC experience or demonstrated knowledge.
MDS Staffing is seeking a Senior Mechanical Designer/Drafter.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
POSITIONS MANAGED: None
To create, design, research, model, and improve mechanical automation, equipment, and production lines. To work with other team members, including fellow mechanical and electrical designers and the engineering manager, in developing product designs.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5+ years relevant experience designing industry-specific products, preferably conveyors.
Utilizing both experience and skills, the applicant:
- Must have and display a high aptitude for mechanical design.
- Create designs in line with company procedure, design standards, and client specifications.
- Will develop preliminary sketches, layouts, model, and detail part and assembly drawings.
- Research and help gather necessary information to help develop or improve a design.
- Will prepare calculations like tolerance, dimensions, press fits, etc.on proposed machines.
- Will modify and use existing parts and assembly models to create a new design.
- Will create Print Packages to be released to Purchasing.
- Will review Print Packages from mechanical draft designers for release to Purchasing.
- Provide support during the building and installation process, ensuring that the machine is built properly and according to design specifications.
- Will maintain existing models and drawings including revisions.
- Will create and revise drawings for operation manuals.
- May reverse engineer parts and assemblies as needed.
- Will help design prototypes or modifications to existing product or equipment.
- Must understand and be able to reference design documents including:
- ASME Y14 Dimensioning
- The Machinist’s Handbook
- Welding Symbols and GD&T Dimensions
- May help on the shop floor from time to time.
- Will keep supervisor informed of all pertinent information.
- Will develop and maintain reports pertinent to the position.
- Will communicate ideas to ensure successful designs for current and future growth.
- Will along with supervisors and managers, establish accountability goals used for performance evaluation.
- Will work to achieve a minimum level of a CSWP level of certification in SolidWorks.
- Must maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Minimum 2-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Any SolidWorks Certification achievement – CSWP preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Computer experience and knowledge using Solidworks, EPDM, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Excel, and Word. General understanding of sheet metal fabrication, machining and weldments.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Creative thinker. Problem solver. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Detailed oriented. Personal organization. Self motivated. Good time management. Good communication. Team player.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Lift up to 40 pounds.
MDS Staffing is seeking a Bridge Design Engineer. Our customer is one of the leading bridge design firms in Minnesota. We are looking for an engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience in design of vehicular and pedestrian bridges, who is a self-starting individual.
Our customer is one of the leading bridge design firms in Minnesota. We are looking for an engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience in design of vehicular and pedestrian bridges, who is a self-starting individual.
Preferred requirements: • MathCAD, RISA3D, AASHTOWareBrR, and AutoCAD proficiency• Microsoft Excel & Word proficiency• Experience with reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, steel, and timber• Prefabricated steel truss experience• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong detail orientation• Previous work examples Benefits offered are health and vacation benefits, casual dress & an open office workspace with easy access to nearby freeways and retail options.