Architectural and Construction
Need a young sales person to work under existing sales person who is going to retire within next year. Like someone with some design background to at least do some sketching for manufacturing. A lot of their work is for theme related environments. Architectural and acoustical wall panels. Examples of existing clients include Bass Pro Shops and Cabellas. Selling interior landscaping offering a diverse set of specialty services in landscape planning and design, landscape architecture, trees installation, plant service and maintenance programs and commercial décor. Designing interior and outdoor landscapes using live plants and trees, especially tropical plants.
Seeking experienced Drafter. Will coordinate the use of outside drafting services for structural steel or miscellaneous metals detailing. Some background with Structural Detailing would be helpful.
Experience using Solidworks for Mechanical Drafting for boat lifts and other equipment.
Position is located 45 minutes north of the Twin Cities.
Retail Fixture Company in search of an experienced Design Engineer.
• The Design Engineer works within the framework of the Alpha Engineering Team as an expert in design concept development; bringing experienced production design perspective and excellent creative problem solving to the front end of the project development process, ensuring that every design concept is tailored to fit the precise needs of the customer as well as optimized to fit company production capabilities.
• High degree of motivation, curiosity, passion & creativity
• Excellent organizational, research and analytical skills
• Design intelligence: mechanical intuition, creative problem solving, spatial reasoning, diligence in finding the best solution for each design challenge, attention to detail
• Flexible design skills: functional aesthetics, tolerance analysis, design for assembly/manufacturability, simple fixture design, design for rapid prototyping, design for high volume manufacturing, technology integration, mechanism design
• Strong technical aptitude: proficient in MS Office ( i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint… ) along with software applications for developing conceptual drawings ( i.e. SketchUp, SolidWorks… )
• Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas, thrives in collaborative design efforts
• Experience in the design cycle from concept through manufacturing
• Experience in outside customer contact a plus
• Ability to work productively and creatively with limited supervision
• Ability to accept criticism and make changes accordingly
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
The essential duties that this position will carry out as a part of the team…
Define the Design Intent…
• Compiles a thorough understanding for the customer’s expectations by gathering and reviewing sales process documentation; sketches, renderings, design deck, customer provided drawings, product specifications, estimates, etc.…
• Coordinates with project management personnel, sales staff and customer representatives to further develop the design intent; addressing questions about finish, functionality, manufacturability and anything else that may not have been fully considered during the sales process
• Develops creative and effective build strategy ideas to best fit all project parameters including delivering on the customers vision, project lead time, production budget, manufacturability, product quality, etc.…
• Effectively employs an array of visual communication mediums (hand sketch, SketchUp, SolidWorks, Adobe Suite…) to efficiently convey design concepts as we work with the customer to define the design intent
Develop a Strategic Design Solution…
• Considers a wide range of construction methodologies optimized to work with wood, metal and plastic materials in order to make well informed decisions while transitioning the initial design concept & build strategy into a fully vetted production design
• Collaborates with engineering, production and vendor resources to both verify fixture build strategies and to explore new creative options
• Utilizes an expert working knowledge of SolidWorks to produce drawing sets for customer design approval as well as generating CAD models to be used when developing production details after the approval process.
• Works within the engineering team as a collaborative resource, effective at reviewing and continuously improving fixture designs as they flow through the full design & manufacturing process
• Continuously balances independent design work with customer & resource collaboration
• Maintains records using a document control process
• Proactively communicates project status, challenges and issues
• Proofread and submit documentation which is comprehensive, accurate and complies with company brand standards
• All other duties as required
Education & Experience:
The training necessary to be ready to take on this position…
• Ideally, 3+ years of design engineering experience in metal and wood product manufacturing; experience with retail clients preferred
• Degree in design (architectural, industrial, engineering…) or equivalent experience preferred
• Solid understanding of how products are built, their intended functions and the desired end result
• Strong work ethic, willing to learn new things, high positivity, and endless curiosity are highly encouraged personal traits for this position
• Ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals or groups
• Innovative and creative problem solver
Anything else important to being able to perform the duties of the job effectively…
• Advanced knowledge of 3D CAD modeling utilizing SolidWorks CAD Software
• Familiarity with supporting design software such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and SketchUp are a plus
• Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
• Adaptability and flexibility to meet an equally fast paced and rapidly changing work environment
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
• Readily exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of job-related duties
• Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand
Revit Drafter – Single Family Custom Homes
Are you looking for an opportunity to leave your mark and show your talents. We are looking for a high end single family custom home drafter using Revit for a very well known firm located in the Western Twin Cities.
This particular position will be a key piece in the cog as Revit is being introduced to company recently. If you consider yourself a Revit expert you experience will be greatly admired.
Salary is very competitive and is based on experience. This is a Direct Hire with not contracts.
Candidates must be living in or willing to move to Minnesota. Must also submit to a background and drug screening previous to offer.
Please submit resume for consideration
Cabinet Drafter- Residential and Commercial Design-Build Construction company in search of a Cabinet Drafter with 5+ years of experience using Cabinet Vision and Alpha Cam knowledge.