Architectural and Construction
Residential Single Family Home CAD Architectual Drafter/Designer with 2-5 years of experience for a Architectural Firm located in Western Metro.
Architectual firm located in Western Metro is currently seeking an Architect for a lead position heading the design department for a single home residential firm. A candidate with previous leadership in this environment as well as a degree in design may also be considered. This is a highly desirable position.
Position: Structural Drafter
Location: St Paul, MN
Position & Skills:We have an opening in a structural drafting department for an experienced designer proficient in Revit and AutoCad.
Qualifications required:Minimum 2-year Technical/Associate Degree required.Proficiency with Revit and AutoCad software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.Minimum 3-5 years experience in structural drafting/designing using various construction methods, i.e. structural steel, steel joists, masonry, concrete, post-tension, precast concrete.This person will:* Work directly with the project engineer during all phases of the project.
* Be responsible for developing of construction documents.
* Ability to manage projects and coordinate with clients and engineers.
* Be able to identify and resolve project challenges and changes and demonstrate an understanding of the project scope and maintaining the deadline schedules.
* Utilize their knowledge of structural systems and construction details.
* Review shop drawings during construction administration phase and assist project engineer with on-site inspections for compliance with drawings.
* Be able to provide clear and concise communication through both verbal and written styles.
Seeking Millwork Draftsman Seeking Millwork Draftsman The preferred candidate will have 1-5 years of experience with AutoCAD and a millwork or construction background.
Position Purpose and Description: Millwork Draftsman
Requirements/Qualifications: • Proficiency with AutoCAD/Solid Works (minimum 2 years experience). • Proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural millwork drawings • Prior experience as a draftsman in cabinetry, millwork, or a similar discipline • Prior experience with commercial architectural millwork and casework • Prior experience in a cabinet or millwork shop • Working knowledge and understanding of cabinetry fabrication workflow • Working knowledge, understanding of drafting and the layout of projects and millwork
• Knowledge of AWI Quality Standards Preferred • Ability to operate and program CNC machinery is a plus • Ability to create workable shop drawings (CAD) from concept drawings provided by the client including: Shop cut bills/bill of material lists Identify and source materials and working with vendors.
• Great attention to detail and organization
Millwork Draftsman Duties: • Design and engineer architectural elements, (millwork, casework, furniture and fixtures) to meet customer project expectations and requirements • Work with the customer’s agents (project managers, architects, buyers, etc…) to understand project needs and create shop drawings for customer approval. • Create shop drawings for use in fabrication • Identify potential design and cost issues that must be solved proactively prior to fabrication. • Identify opportunities to engineer out costs and provide alternative solutions. • Create cut bills and work instructions for use on the shop floor • Identify and source product • Willingness to work on the production floor as needed.
Mechanical Designer/DrafterMechanical Designer/Drafter
POSITION REPORTS TO: Design Project SupervisorPOSITIONS MANAGED: None
POSITION PURPOSE: To create, collect, organize, and maintain information to assist project engineers in developing product designs (66% Model Design / 33% Detail Drafting). Position will be tasked with creating and detailing parts, assemblies, and projects.
Utilizing both experience and skills, the applicant:
• Must have and display a high aptitude for mechanical design.
• Must have a basic understanding of basic of the six simple machines
• Must understand and be able to reference design documents including:o ASME Y14 Dimensioningo The Machinist’s Handbook o Welding Symbols & GD&T Dimensions
• Will develop preliminary sketches, layouts, model, and detail part and assembly drawings.
• Will modify and use existing parts and assembly models to create a new design.
• Will create Print Packages to be released to Purchasing Department.
• Will create and maintain assembly Bill of Materials (BOMs).
• Will maintain existing models and drawings including revisions.
• Will create and revise drawings for operation manuals.
• May reverse engineer parts and assemblies.
• May help design prototypes or modifications to existing product or equipment. Research and help gather necessary information to help develop or improve a design.
• May help on the shop floor from time to time.
• Will communicate ideas to ensure successful designs for current and future growth.
• Will keep supervisor informed of all pertinent information.
• Will develop and maintain reports pertinent to the position.
• Will work to achieve a minimum level of a CSWP level of certification.
• Must maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
• Will along with supervisors and managers, establish accountability goals used for performance evaluation.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 3 years relevant experience, or equivalent.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Minimum 2-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Any SolidWorks Certification achievement – CSWP preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Computer experience and knowledge using Solidworks, EPDM, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Excel, and Word. General understanding of sheet metal fabrication, machining and weldments.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Creative thinker. Problem solver. Detailed oriented. Personal organization. Self motivated. Good time management. Good communication. Team player.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Lift up to 40 pounds.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to understand and follow directions in English