Engineering Test Lab Manager- Electro-Mechanical Switch and Relay company in search of an Engineering Test Lab Manager to join the team. Engineering Test Lab Manager- Electro-Mechanical Switch and Relay company in search of an Engineering Test Lab Manager to join the team.
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for maintaining, overseeing and expanding an existing Electrical & Environmental Test Lab for Electro-Mechanical relays & switches. Along with designing, building and maintaining electrical test fixtures to support production testing and offer assistance and support with technical problems in testing and IQC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):1. Set up and prepare electro-mechanical relays/switches for life testing on test tables with appropriate wire connections.2. Monitor and record life test data and generate graphs such as MTBF and Weibull curves.3. Develop and maintain testing fixtures of IQC, Inspection and Test Lab departments, including equipment calibration and certification.4. Provide recommendations for equipment sourcing, procurement and other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree in Electrical Engineering or 5-10 years of related experience, with test lab experience Comfortable working with up to 100A and 300VACAble to use a variety of tools to create test fixtures as needed. Basic computer skills, required Able to work independently with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:• Frequently sit, stand and walk• Frequently works at a computer• While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually loud. • The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 LBS required.• Hours 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
We are currently accepting resumes for an Purchasing Manager. This company is located in Vadnais Heights and specializes in automated equipment, prototype fixtures and tooling for the medical, aerospace, web handling and water filtration industries.
Purchasing Manager Job Description:
Purchasing Manager is in charge of supervising the process of sourcing and purchasing essential materials for operations. Their duties include researching raw material suppliers, outside service vendors, and comparing costs, negotiating purchase agreements and developing inventory controls to identify demand for new materials. Purchasing Manager is also responsible for evaluating suppliers and negotiating contracts to achieve the lowest price for high-quality goods.
Purchasing Manager duties and responsibilities:
• Planning and overseeing the work of 2 Purchasing Agents
• Hiring and training new Purchasing team members
• Buying goods and services for the company
• Discussing contracts
• Evaluating quality, price, reliability, technical support and availability of goods and services
• Oversee and obtain quotes for raw materials, purchase components, and outside vendors
• Manage the shipping & receiving and deliver staff of 2
• Assist in planning the daily route when needed
• Participate in production and other meetings, informing team on job status and status of PO’s
• Work with Shop Manager to develop lead times on quotes
• Coordinate Shipping and create bills of lading
Responsibilities:• Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation• Allocate resources for assigned projects• Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors• Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients• Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs• Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications.
Qualifications:• Previous experience in construction management or other related fields• Familiarity with construction management software, Microsoft Office• Strong leadership qualities• Strong negotiation skills• Deadline and detail-oriented
The ideal candidate would be familiar with the following:
• Various PLC hardware and software platforms (GE/Emerson, Allen-Bradley, Schneider/Modicon, etc.)
• Various SCADA/HMI hardware and software (Wonderware, GE Cimplicity, Allen-Bradley, etc.)
This individual would work on the engineering team and would be responsible for the following:
• Working with electrical engineers to develop PLC control schematics.
• Responsible for reviewing and writing detailed sequence of operation documentation.
• Once sequence of operation is approved writing PLC code (ladder logic) to implement sequence of operation.
• Create HMI screens of operator interaction with company equipment.
• Loading of programs into PLC, HMI, Etc. while equipment is at the firms shop.
• Full functional testing and troubleshooting of PLC code they have written to ensure States products meet customer requirements.
• Travel to jobsites for full demonstration of sequence
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY: • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. • Proficient Sage ERP software user.• Knowledge of general accounting practices.• Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, payroll reports, Excel spreadsheets and various other documents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:• Perform accounting functions using ERP software.• Process various accounting related reports required by management or government agencies including sales tax.• Assist with other accounting functions such as taxes, monthly and yearly financial reports.• Perform bank reconciliations for checking, saving and payroll accounts as required.• Maintains accounting records, assists with the preparation of monthly & yearly financial reporting for the Company. • Responsible for the maintenance and monthly reconciliation of the cash and inventory accounts.• Monitors accounts and balances to provide internal controls of accounting system.• Performs other duties as requested.