The position of CNC Programmer is responsible for drawing, nesting, and programming parts to be cut on our CNC router. Additionally this position will cut bill all work orders, assist in material take offs and liaise between the engineering and machining departments.
o Will report directly to the Engineering Department Head on all Engineering Department issues; I.E.: Department Workload, Personnel issues, Department expenditures and etc.
o Will coordinate own workload with all Engineering/Drafting Department
o Responsible for up keep and development of Engineering Standards; i.e. drawings, cutbills, programs, etc.
o Responsible for development and maintenance of standard process, procedures and policies with in the Engineering Department
o Responsible for training and development of new hires
o Responsible for attending appropriate meetings or designating someone to stand in; i.e.: Engineering Meeting, Production Meeting
o Department liaison between Engineering and Production
o Responsible for own and department continuing education
o Prepares geometric layout from graphic displays, using computer-assisted drafting software or drafting instruments and graph paper
o Sorts shop orders into groups to maximize materials utilization and minimize machine setup
o Reviews shop orders and print layouts to determine they are accurate
o Determines reference points, machine cutting paths, or hole locations and computes angular and linear dimensions, radii and curvatures
o Draws machine tool paths
o Analyzes drawings, specifications and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds and feed rates
o Writes instruction sheets, cutter lists and machine instructions programs to guide setup and encode numerical control programs
• ENGINEERING SUPPORT
o Provide engineering with supplemental support as needed. This may include drafting, cut-bills, programming, running prints, etc. While supporting the engineering department, work direction will be given by the engineering work director until the Engineering Department Head determines a need for the Engineering Estimator.
• OTHER DUTIES
o Perform other duties as assigned by the Engineering Department Head and/or company President, this may include working in the shop. Attend assigned meetings prepared to discuss current projects, schedules, and work load.
o This position requires the ability to work with minimal work direction and requires above average communication skills. This positions requirements and duties will change often, sometimes on a daily basis. The Engineering Estimator’s key goals are to support both the Project Management and Engineering departments on an as needed basis.
• DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
o Knowledge of materials and processes related to the company’s manufactured products.
o Cabinetry and/or architectural millwork experience desirable.
o Extremely detail oriented.
o Ability to read and interpret specifications and blueprints.
o Ability to use common engineering measurement tools (i.e. caliper, micrometer, ruler) to accurately take measurements to the thousandths (.xxx) of an inch.
o Experience using AutoCAD.
o Experience using Inventor or equivalent.
o Exposure to 3D CAD automation options (i.e iParts, iFeatures, and iAssemblies)
o Experience using CAM software, such as MasterCAM, Router-CIM, etc.
o Experience using a CAD data management system such as Autodesk Vault or Solidworks PDM.
o Technical degree related to wood product manufacturing, engineering, CAD design, CNC programming or 3 years applicable experience.
Field Service Technician / Engineer (Electrical Distribution)
This Field Service/Engineering position will provide guidance in pre-sale design as well as field based problem diagnostics, resolution and installation when required. Candidates must have expertise across multiple technologies and will have a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a broad range of internal and external team members.
• Electrical Field Service technicians specialize in various types of power distribution systems, including commercial and industrial machines, transportation systems and power transmission systems for and collaboratively with energy utility companies. You must be knowledgeable and comfortable in troubleshooting systems and have the ability to design the best solution for the customer.
• Work independently at times and always predictably reliable.
• From time to time, you may be required to work from eight to ten hours per day, five days per week, occasional weekends and some Holidays. Some days will contain early or late site visits (less than 15%).
• Most work will be local and within a 100 mile radius, but not all.
• In most cases you will be working hand in hand with a customer and/or contractor. Must be able to define scope and communicate company verses customer/contractor’s responsibilities in a clear and respectful manner.
• Must be able and willing to measure, document and photograph proposed or existing site locations, provide accurate measurements and convey these required concepts to other disciplines and departments.
• Strong knowledge and background in custom electrical distribution equipment such as low and medium voltage switchgear and have experience with electricity, power outages and safety standards.
• Ability to translate that knowledge into effective designs and capacity improvements in projects.
• Ability to install designed products, bus, electrical distribution requirements on site to meet or exceed the customers’ expectations.
• Ability and desire to accommodate the customer’s schedule with power shut-down situations, when and where needed.
• 3-5 years of experience in a variety of manufacturing and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations required.
• Experience working with external technical, electrical service suppliers and construction companies required.
• 5-10 years’ experience working as electrical distribution equipment Field Service Tech preferred.
Maintenance Mechanic: Production Machinery
We are currently looking for a 3rd shift equipment maintenance mechanic. Key areas include: PLC, Electrical, Mechanical,
Pneumatic, CNC. This is not a facilities position. $25-30/hr.