To perform a variety of inspections before, during and after production. To help insure compliance
and improvement in all areas related to quality.
Inspection of all incoming materials and products.
Inspection of setup, in-process and final production articles.
Documentation of products, materials and procedures.
Creation of processes and procedures for products and equipment.
Maintain ISO compliances.
Maintains in house calibration cycle, to include gage and fixture control.
Creation of FAI, capability studies, control plans, and other inspection criteria as required.
Continuous improvement and process improvement.
College coursework in applied science or a technical field preferred or equivalent QC specified
3-5 years (minimum experience) as a Quality Inspector.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ISO 9001.
Demonstrated knowledge of reading and interpreting technical prints and drawings.
Good computer skills required. (Excel, Word, etc)
Experience in metal fabrication desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Quality Inspection: 3 years
CNC LATHE MACHINIST WANTED
MDS Staffing a twin cities employment search and staffing firm is seeking candidates to fill a direct hire position for a CNC Lathe Machinist. To machine a variety of parts, both plastics and metals. Will do part inspection, machine setup and some programming.
Our customer is located in the north metro.
Our customer is open to seeing candidates at all experience levels.
Entry level to light level candidate must have either a 2 year degree/certificate in machining or at least 2 years of on the job machining experience.
Our customer offers a full benefit package.
Assembly / Production Technician (Robotics/Automation/Motion Control)
Assembly Technician to assist in assembling products and control panels per specs/drawings and work instructions. Experience in reading drawings/specs, familiar with electrical, pneumatic, electromechanical and mechanical components. (For the right candidate, training will be provided).
Must be attentive to detail, able to meet deadlines, able to use shop/hand tools, be PC proficient, lift 75 lbs, navigate a shop/warehouse environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Field Service Technician / Engineer (Electrical Distribution)
This Field Service/Engineering position will provide guidance in pre-sale design as well as field based problem diagnostics, resolution and installation when required. Candidates must have expertise across multiple technologies and will have a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a broad range of internal and external team members.
• Electrical Field Service technicians specialize in various types of power distribution systems, including commercial and industrial machines, transportation systems and power transmission systems for and collaboratively with energy utility companies. You must be knowledgeable and comfortable in troubleshooting systems and have the ability to design the best solution for the customer.
• Work independently at times and always predictably reliable.
• From time to time, you may be required to work from eight to ten hours per day, five days per week, occasional weekends and some Holidays. Some days will contain early or late site visits (less than 15%).
• Most work will be local and within a 100 mile radius, but not all.
• In most cases you will be working hand in hand with a customer and/or contractor. Must be able to define scope and communicate company verses customer/contractor’s responsibilities in a clear and respectful manner.
• Must be able and willing to measure, document and photograph proposed or existing site locations, provide accurate measurements and convey these required concepts to other disciplines and departments.
• Strong knowledge and background in custom electrical distribution equipment such as low and medium voltage switchgear and have experience with electricity, power outages and safety standards.
• Ability to translate that knowledge into effective designs and capacity improvements in projects.
• Ability to install designed products, bus, electrical distribution requirements on site to meet or exceed the customers’ expectations.
• Ability and desire to accommodate the customer’s schedule with power shut-down situations, when and where needed.
• 3-5 years of experience in a variety of manufacturing and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations required.
• Experience working with external technical, electrical service suppliers and construction companies required.
• 5-10 years’ experience working as electrical distribution equipment Field Service Tech preferred.
50% Maintenance (Do the PPM on this machine, Pull conduit and wire from here to there, fix the plumbing leak, meet with the fork truck maintenance man, etc.)
20% Janitorial (Clean Bathroom and Lunch rooms, Vacuum, Garbage, etc.)
20% Grounds Keeper (Mow Grass, Plow Snow, Shovel Walks, De-Ice, etc.)
10% Go-For-it (Run and get this from the hardware store, pick up this order from this supplier, pick this guy up at the airport, etc.)
Hours are Monday thru Thursday from 5:30 AM to 4:00 PM (Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday Off = 3 day weekend every weekend!!!)