Engineering and Manufacturing
Alternative/renewable power company in search of a skilled power engineer. This is heavy power in 1+ megawatt range, power inverters, rectifiers, and so forth. We are focused here on renewable power use in hydrogen production.
Tool and Die Maker
Position Summary Understand the tool building processes from specifications such as noted in blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts. Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools. Essential Functions To assist production team to assure the timely completion of a quality product and to meet all quality standards and customer specifications. Duties and Responsibilities This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Level 3 23. Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and has skill to recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.24. Assist in the decision-making process of future machine and tooling purchases.25. Assist design in selecting select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.26. Assists designer/engineers to Develop and design new tools and dies,
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience• Requires education generally equivalent to a 2 year Technical Degree.• Requires 2+ years of machinist experience.• Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform geometric algebraic and trig calculations.• Must perform metric conversions.• Requires good English oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications and routings.• Workstation Computer/PC experience or demonstrated knowledge.
MDS Staffing is seeking candidates to fill a Structural Engineering position. Our customer is one of the leading bridge design firms in Minnesota.
This engineer role is requiring an individual with 2+ years of experience. Some experience in design of vehicular and pedestrian bridges. Our customer designs bridges throughout Minnesota and surrounding states.
Preferred requirements listed below:
- MathCAD, RISA3D, AASHTOWare BrR, and AutoCAD proficiency
- Microsoft Excel & Word proficiency
- Experience with reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, steel, and timber
- Prefabricated steel truss experience
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Bridge condition inspection / safety inspection experience
Benefits offered are health and vacation benefits, casual dress & an open office workspace with easy access to nearby freeways and retail options.
Seeking candidate to fill a Electronic Test Technician position.
($25.00 – $27.00/hour)
1st shift (4 ten hour days)
(Contract assignment with potential for direct hire)
Perform functional tests on a variety of standard and custom electronic products and sub-systems with or without the aid of established test procedures. Corrects design or assembly problems and assures written or verbal performance specifications are achieved.
Associates degree or Vo-tech certificate in Electronics (or related program) & no prior electronic testing experience or 4 yrs relevant electronic testing experience applicable to our customer’s products.
Ability to trace schematics & troubleshoot electronic product and sub-systems using software programs, meter & oscilloscope
Areas of Accountability:
- Configure computers and electronic control hardware per design. Install and use company and vendor software. Execute tests and calibrate electronic products and sub-systems. Document all quality related findings and test results.
- Deciphers schematics and specifications to isolate and repair defective circuit faults on products and sub-systems.
- Develop tests to verify custom designed products and sub-systems are performing as intended.
- Recognizes and resolves inconsistencies in test results. Detects marginal component and design defects and initiates corrective action.
- Effectively communicate technical and manufacturing issues to improve products and performance.
- Support product engineers by recommending improvements to product design and function. Support procurement by providing technical support as necessary for contract manufactured company products and vendor supplied electronic product.
- Provide technical support to other technicians and groups as assigned.
- Comply with all processes and procedures including, but not limited to, QMS, ISO, ESD and Safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works with desktop computers replacing hard drives and troubleshooting. These computer are for large machines.
Seeking candidate to fill a CNC Mill Machinist position.
($24.00 – $27.00/hour)
2nd shift: ( 3pm-1:30 am, Mon-Thurs) Up to 8 hours mandatory OT.
Will train for the first few weeks on 1st shift (5:00 am-3:30 pm)
(Contract assignment with potential for direct hire)
Primary Objective: Perform machining operations in accordance with the company’s Machine Shop procedures and work instructions. Utilize documentation and skills to provide parts and assemblies to internal and external customers that meet quality and schedule requirements.
- Two year certification from college or trade school with previous experience or four years applicable experience in a machine shop environment.
- Must understand and apply advanced machining knowledge.
- Machining tolerances and measuring equipment, tooling selection, machine setup and operation. Common machining symbols on prints.
- Understanding of material characteristics and proper machining techniques.
- Ability to read and understand CNC G-code and M-code for CNC operators or ability to run multiple manual machines
- Preferred experience running: Doosan/Hurco/Matsura MAM/Makino-Horizontal
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Performs machining operations on a variety of parts and is fully competent in the following areas:
- Accept responsibility for completing required operations in an efficient manner.
- Take initiative and make decisions to meet the customers’ expectations.
- Perform set-ups in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform normal preventative maintenance as required or apparent.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area; work in conjunction with both shifts to do so.
- Demonstrate an understanding of / ability to:
- Machining prints and meet print requirements.
- Machine Shop routing system.
- Inspect and verify dimensions to required accuracy.
- Perform machining operations in the following manner:
- Provide constructive feedback to area supervisor on quality issues, trends and workload. Exhibit willingness to help resolve issues regarding schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to work overtime and to meet demands of other work stations.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all colleagues, including supervisors. Display ability to work as a part of team.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner. Identify safety hazards and involve appropriate parties to resolve.
- Initiate creative and/or innovative ideas and shows willingness to implement them.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.